Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IronTager

Most Played Character Of Guilty Gear

Hello, this isn't some thread for fan based purposes or such. The reason why I'm asking this is to prove Guilty Gear's level of balance and that it's not a "tier whore" game. Anyhow, whom would you guys say are the most played characters in Guilty Gear? I'm not asking who the best is, just the most played. Honestly, I've seen a LOT of diversity in Guilty Gear and it's hard to keep track of something like that.

Hello, this isn't some thread for fan based purposes or such. The reason why I'm asking this is to prove Guilty Gear's level of balance and that it's not a "tier whore" game. Anyhow, whom would you guys say are the most played characters in Guilty Gear? I'm not asking who the best is, just the most played. Honestly, I've seen a LOT of diversity in Guilty Gear and it's hard to keep track of something like that.

This is a question you'll never be able to answer.

This is a question you'll never be able to answer.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's more or less to make a point. This fellow thinks that since Eddie is top tier, we can only assume that he's the most played. Honestly, I think it's pretty faulty logic because

1. Every time I see a tournament video, I hardly see Eddie more than any other character, let alone Testament. That isn't to say, he's not played as much as the other characters.

2. Guilty Gear's tier list is based on who has the bigger advantage in general, not who's played the most.

3. We have no statistics to show who gets played the most.

Anyhow, I don't think he'll accept the answer that everybody is played in Guilty Gear. There is no character played more than others. But I might just go with Kagami's answer, because I'm sure as far as scrubs go, you'll see those characters the most. Even then, I don't see him THAT often in tournament videos or matches I play in general. Hell, at a convention I went to, the winner of the tournament (Which I WISHED I could have gotten into. But the place had 3 people handing out tickets and the line was VERY long.) was playing Venom. A character that isn't even scrub level at all. (I got to play him later on. It was about evenish, but I was starting to figure him out.)

Anyhow, if I had to guess, I'd say Chipp due to his flashyness.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's more or less to make a point. This fellow thinks that since Eddie is top tier, we can only assume that he's the most played.

Seriously? Now that I think about it not to many people play eddie. I got to agree though that Johnny is pretty popular. Like everyone just picks him up just for the hell of it. Slayer is one of the more played characters I believe. You see some faust now and then. But really? Just because eddie is top tier everyone plays him? cmon this is not MvC2

Thank you very much. Again, we're talking Guilty Gear here. How many people actually get played in MvC2. 8 at most? All 24 characters get played in Guilty Gear.

Only really in-deep players pick chars like ZATO (sama~), Millia and Venom.

Why? Because they're too damned tricky a lot of people would get discouraged of trying them. Not everyone will be willing to master Zato's Eddie attacks, Millia's precise combos or Venom's zoning.

Heck, I remember a friend who thought he was mastering Millia, but only thing he ever did was to mash that hair attack (forgot name) and he quickly dropped the game because:

1.- He never improved.

2.- He got scared after seeing one of those retarded Robo Ky's combos involving HS FRC.

His logic is a little faulty in my opinion. One fellow had stated that due to the game's popularity, it was a better game. However, I felt that argument was very faulty because, (This was my statement) if we were in Japan, the argument would change. He said I proved his point and if that were the case, I'd be right. However, I stated that I'd still have a bad argument, no matter how many people agreed with me. That all aside, I'm not sure what to say to him exactly. If I said that everyone played everybody in Guilty Gear, I'm not quite sure what to expect.

And honestly, to say 8 was a bad exaggeration of how many characters are played in MvC2. 4 of those characters are used as assists and aren't even played. They get destroyed so fast that it's not even right to say they get played.

Those are the three I play. :sad:

Actually I've wondered about this myself.

I never said people that use them are scrubs. I just said most scrubs like picking them.

And it's kind of fun to see fags trying to use Ky like if he was Ryu (coz ZOMG HE'S INVINCIBLE EVERYWHERE)... and they never realize you have FD.

What is the guy trying to compare in terms of popularity?

Well, I know it's subjective, but I think Guilty Gear XX AC is basically one of the best games ever. He and his group of friends disagree and think MvC2 is better. However, I think that the argument based on popularity is invalid. If I were to take him to Japan, his argument would be destroyed easily if that were the case. Though, then again, he believed MvC2 was fairly balanced considering how many people were in it. I stated to him however, that MvC2 is considered one of the (if not the absolute) most unbalanced fighting games ever.

I also stated that people use a max of 8 characters. Though, thoroughly, you could argue that not even 8 characters get played. Why? Some are just used as support and aren't even played. They're so bad once they get in that the character doesn't even get the chance to fight. Anyhow, so a total of 4ish characters get played in MvC2 and the other 4 are spammed assists that don't even get played really. So you have about 4 characters that get played in MvC2, but I'll give him 8.

In Guilty Gear, whether he believes me or not, everyone gets played. That's 23 characters. So, going off the 4, that's roughly about 5 times the amount of characters that get played in Guilty Gear as far as quantity goes. Estimating off the 8 (Which practically doesn't exist), that's about (Rounding to the nearest digit) 3 times as many about.

Well, first of all, is your friend a complete/idiotic fanboy? Because I honestly think that these type of people are hard/impossible to argue with.

And to answer your question, from what I've seen in videos, it seems to me that Testament, Johnny and Potemkin are the top 3 most used characters.

Followed by Slayer.

If you are interested, Bridget is the rarest character along with Aba and possibly Dizzy ( nowadays though ).

I never said people that use them are scrubs. I just said most scrubs like picking them.

And it's kind of fun to see fags trying to use Ky like if he was Ryu (coz ZOMG HE'S INVINCIBLE EVERYWHERE)... and they never realize you have FD.

Haha, nah, I know. No worries! I feel kinda scrubby still cuz I've only been playing since August and while I've progressed, I feel like I rely on some of the same things too much. So I'm still getting past that initial phase.

Well, I know it's subjective, but I think Guilty Gear XX AC is basically one of the best games ever. He and his group of friends disagree and think MvC2 is better. However, I think that the argument based on popularity is invalid. If I were to take him to Japan, his argument would be destroyed easily if that were the case. Though, then again, he believed MvC2 was fairly balanced considering how many people were in it. I stated to him however, that MvC2 is considered one of the (if not the absolute) most unbalanced fighting games ever.

I also stated that people use a max of 8 characters. Though, thoroughly, you could argue that not even 8 characters get played. Why? Some are just used as support and aren't even played. They're so bad once they get in that the character doesn't even get the chance to fight. Anyhow, so a total of 4ish characters get played in MvC2 and the other 4 are spammed assists that don't even get played really. So you have about 4 characters that get played in MvC2, but I'll give him 8.

In Guilty Gear, whether he believes me or not, everyone gets played. That's 23 characters. So, going off the 4, that's roughly about 5 times the amount of characters that get played in Guilty Gear as far as quantity goes. Estimating off the 8 (Which practically doesn't exist), that's about (Rounding to the nearest digit) 3 times as many about.

I think trying to convince someone in a situation like that is a pointless venture, but that's just me. Also, balance is overrated. See Marvel Super Heroes.

Well, first of all, is your friend a complete/idiotic fanboy? Because I honestly think that these type of people are hard/impossible to argue with.

And to answer your question, from what I've seen in videos, it seems to me that Testament, Johnny and Potemkin are the top 3 most used characters.

Followed by Slayer.

If you are interested, Bridget is the rarest character along with Aba and possibly Dizzy ( nowadays though ).

me and braver are trying to keep poor buri alive T_T

me and braver are trying to keep poor buri alive T_T

I'll join your club too soon :D

Complex characters turn me on ( Venom & I-no <3333 )

Doing yoyo glitch on pad seems impossible... I haven't done much reading though on it yet.

I don't know about other people, but the ones I play the most are: Chipp, Ky, Millia and Jam (because it's surprisingly easy to make a lot of combos with those). But if I'd have to take a guess, I think it would be Sol (he's the main character, his moves are easy to master, and he's cool, let's not forget Gold Sol - only freaking Gold chara I have yet to defeat! grrrrrrrr).

I don't know. I don't see Sol that often, but I'd guess he's used often enough. By the way, who's the most used character in Tournaments then?

I don't know. I don't see Sol that often, but I'd guess he's used often enough. By the way, who's the most used character in Tournaments then?

there was a chart from SBO that said faust was the most common character there, but it was like by 11% compared to 9% for most other characters. I wish I had a link to it.

Scrub level: Sol, Ky, Chipp.

Even better ranking Sol, Ky and Chipp are just glorified mashers, especially so in #r online. Much played aswell. Bridget and I-no seems the least played in #r online, in my experience. Don't know what the scene is in AC.