Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimstar

The NEW TN thread - We don't drop combos, WE BAIT BURSTS!!!

I don't even know my situation for Final Round. It depends on how bogged down I get in my college classes, as well as how much money I have. If I do go, I'll be getting my own ride and meet up with you guys.

I am going to try my best to make it to Final Round though. It would definitely be the biggest tournament I've ever attended.

Also, just realized that they are using PS3. Might need to try and find a converter.

And the rules on the FR website states... Button mapping/shouldering/macros not allowed - default available inputs may be rearranged to different positions if necessary

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean you can't have a one-button burst or one-button RC? I've seen a lot of SSF4 tournaments where that kind of mapping wasn't allowed.

Hey guys, sorry for being away for so long. I was really busy with school last week (first round of quizzes/assignments due), had a mandatory church dinner to attend on Saturday, and got dragged along with my folks shopping the majority of Sunday. Needless to say I didn't make a lot of progress with editing the past week, but I did squeeze it in when I could. I think I can have them all to you before the week's over if all goes well.

And Milln, I need to apologize- when checking the date for FR I mistakenly regarded it as Saturday for Blazblue. There's no way in HELL I'm going to be able to convince my parents to let me go on a school day. T_T Man, and I was really looking forward to it...

Chandler (and anyone else with videos), the videos don't have to be perfectly edited. While it is nice, it's not necessary to edit out character selects and button mapping. Just sayin'...

Grimstar, did you ever figure out who was driving to Kit (you or Patrick)?

check ya PMs, sir.

Also Milln, I completely effing forgot FR is ALL on PS3... that causes a bit of a problem for me... I don't have a PS3 stick or the money (on top of what it would cost to get to FR) to mod one. @_@

And the rules on the FR website states... Button mapping/shouldering/macros not allowed - default available inputs may be rearranged to different positions if necessary

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean you can't have a one-button burst or one-button RC? I've seen a lot of SSF4 tournaments where that kind of mapping wasn't allowed.

What I, personally, take it to mean is that you can rearrange anything on the Button Check screen, but can't manufacture macros through your pad or anything for things that -don't- appear there. I'd double check on their forums or something, just to be sure and I encourage everyone else that uses a controller to do the same.

Edit: Doing some checking reveals that you may only be allowed to rearrange things that appear in the arcade version of the game. I'd definitely get with a TO on their forum and ask.

And Milln, I need to apologize- when checking the date for FR I mistakenly regarded it as Saturday for Blazblue. There's no way in HELL I'm going to be able to convince my parents to let me go on a school day. T_T Man, and I was really looking forward to it...

They changed it last week, after that poll to decide which game (GG or BB) to stream on Saturday went through, so those two game switched time slots. Sorry, man. Maybe if you win MTNBB 2 and Kumite then you can convince them! Eh? Eh???

Chandler (and anyone else with videos), the videos don't have to be perfectly edited. While it is nice, it's not necessary to edit out character selects and button mapping. Just sayin'...

Seriously. All you need to do, Jackie, is just segment the match videos and delete the middle parts. Other BlazBlue tournament matches have character selects, heck even have "Press Start to Play" on the front. No one cares as long as the match is there.

check ya PMs, sir.

Also Milln, I completely effing forgot FR is ALL on PS3... that causes a bit of a problem for me... I don't have a PS3 stick or the money (on top of what it would cost to get to FR) to mod one. @_@

Get with Tad, i'd say. I have the impression that he is made out of sticks and converters.

wait, derp... FR is a while away... I keep thinking it's in February for some reason. I might could figure something out by then... TOO MUCH TOURNAMENTING WHOALLY SHEEYAT

What I, personally, take it to mean is that you can rearrange anything on the Button Check screen, but can't manufacture macros through your pad or anything for things that -don't- appear there. I'd double check on their forums or something, just to be sure and I encourage everyone else that uses a controller to do the same.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I'll ask in the FR topic.

WAIT A SEC?!!! BB IS ON A SATURDAY?!!!!! WHY DIDN"T YOU TELL ME THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING MILLN MY FRIEND!!!! *Gets on phone, starts making calls*. Don't count me out yet boys!!! Also, PS3s WOOOT!!!! Finally I won't feel so lost on a system.

What does the day matter if we'd be staying the weekend??? O_o

Oh yes, who all is planning on going to KiT? There's myself, Chandler, Naimat (?), Midnight (?), LSS (?), and possibly Astaroth... who else is going or wants to go?

If you are between Murfreesboro and Knoxville, and not terribly out of the way, I may have one spot open left for carpooling, but it'd be the middle seat in the back :P

WAIT A SEC?!!! BB IS ON A SATURDAY?!!!!! WHY DIDN"T YOU TELL ME THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING MILLN MY FRIEND!!!! *Gets on phone, starts making calls*. Don't count me out yet boys!!! Also, PS3s WOOOT!!!! Finally I won't feel so lost on a system.

We'd be getting there on friday anyway, even if bb was on saturday (it's not. its on friday.) Sorry to recrush your dreams. Fuck school though. skip

I'm not going to kumite this year. Don't really wanna make a trip to knoxville without knowing that there'll be a good turnout.

Well, I could always just drive myself down there on saturday. And I would love to skip but if a certain someone ever caught wind that I skipped school to go play video games, well, let's just say my existence will come to an end, and to be honest I kinda like my scrubby lil existence. Zen, Zen, Zen, Zen, Zen.

To KiT???? DO EET! The turnout doesn't look like much based on the sign ups, but considering there will be a SHITLOAD of Tekken/SF players, I'm sure we'll get at least ~15 BB players like last year's.

Midnight you're going, I'm picking your ass up, then you and seiki can fight in my backseat for ~3 hours

osht wtfuhx

I would have to ask off work for like A WEEK BRO

Yeah, if I go to FR, I'm leaving Friday morning. 4 hours ain't that bad. Then, assuming the BB tournament ends that same Friday, I could be heading back home that night.

I probably can't go to FR if BB is on Fri. Missing one class of organic chemistry and the lab is guaranteeing a fail. X____x

Damn I'm so sick of these scrubzamas that are infesting ranked matches

diving in on EVERY chain, dropping EVERY j.C combo... it's embarrassing

full screen hotenjin ftw