Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Under Night In-Birth, PS3 release confirmed (Jul 24, 2014)

I find the Hyde one pretty funny, like something straight out of a otome game and Gordeau is got a "I am awesome" look on his face.

Plus all this time I think I just noticed Hilda's assets... can't wait to see the others.

Anyone knows the changes made to Carmine? if he was the best in "vanilla" I guess they took some stuff out but gave him other things in return
There really isn't any list of changes. People on BBS say that Carmine can still make 4000~5000 corner damage, but he has become a lot more difficult to play on the middle screen.

Are there any match videos for Akatsuki yet in UNIB?

Nope. Apparently no one has seen Akatsuki appearing even as CPU opponent.

----

But anyways, I got Chaos' story subbed.

thanks for the translation Sourenga !

more videos showed up again

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838102 (the first seconds of this one are very dark, but after this they adjusted it correctly)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838353

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838659

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838621 (this one is just some linne combos in training mode, with notation)

the sega card system used in unib/ggxxac+r (all.net p-ras multi) will be in maintence in 2013/9/18 AM 2:00 AM7:00. There`s speculation going on about this...

No one plays Hyde anymore? What happened?

----

But anyways, I got Chaos' story subbed.

Thanks a lot for the answer and for Chaos' story. So my understanding is that Chaos, Hilda and Gordeau are from the same organization (Amnesia) but Hilda has been doing shady stuff with probably Kuon (Linne's brother) so they go to stop her. Then Chaos also wants to destroy Lich kreis and pretty much every other team in the game. Which makes me wonder if Chaos, Gordeau and Hilda are all evil guys, since well Orie's organization doesn't seem evil, nor is Linne's. Hyde is pretty much sucked into this, Merkava is like whatever, same with Carmine, same with Yuzuriha.

I wonder if all the characters shown at the end of Chaos' ending will be playable at some point.

more videos showed up again

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838102 (the first seconds of this one are very dark, but after this they adjusted it correctly)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838353

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838659

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21838621 (this one is just some linne combos in training mode, with notation)

Neato! Carmine's got some really cool looking combos that aren't j.A->j.B->j.C loops anymore - I'm really glad they kept that j.6B -> 66C combo because that one looks really really nice.

No one plays Hyde anymore? What happened?

Its sort of weird, since combos have been reworked Yuzuriha and Hyde feel underwhelming. But since Hyde is a main character and Yuzuriha is well... Yuzuriha, Hyde just comes off as bland now and any Hyde I have seen so far still haven't seem to got the tech yet. Maybe the only thing hype about Hyde was his silly combos /Shrug

Its sort of weird, since combos have been reworked Yuzuriha and Hyde feel underwhelming. But since Hyde is a main character and Yuzuriha is well... Yuzuriha, Hyde just comes off as bland now and any Hyde I have seen so far still haven't seem to got the tech yet. Maybe the only thing hype about Hyde was his silly combos /Shrug

It's true, without double activation combos [which were hilariously practical] Hyde becomes a less interesting character. He still is a great, well rounded character with how many vectors his moves cover, but now he has little opportunity to connect them and go nuts. His weakness [within the context of this game] have become much more apparent now with the loss of the original GRD meter behaviors.

So yeah it will probably take some time to get new tech, but I doubt we'll have see those old swag combos ; -;

Most Hyde players likely moved to another character lol

I'm betting some Hyde players probably exist only to do stupid 22A loops and relaunch combos all day

[joking]

In all seriousness, I'm waiting for some new combo paths given the combo samples they gave from the last update. It mentions that you're able to combo j.236B at the end of an aerial chain... which no one has ever tried last version due to obvious reasons.

So how exactly does Chaos play? I know hes a puppet based character, but is it more like Carl, Relius, Eddie or Ms. Fortune?

If this game ever makes it to the states, I'm going to have a hard time choosing between Hilda and Chaos :c.

So how exactly does Chaos play? I know hes a puppet based character, but is it more like Carl, Relius, Eddie or Ms. Fortune?

The worst parts of Eddie (stand dies fast) and... I wouldn't compare his stand to Relius's just because Relius stand actually has utility/is durable/can help you set up unblockables. If anything it's like a persona but you only have one card and it regenerates pretty quickly but all your pokemon knows is tailwhip, slash, tackle, and ember. It would be nice if it had a move that vacuumed or some kind of move that hit high or low. Sadly, that isn't the case, it pretty much only serves the job of space control and combo extender and does a pretty terrible job of the former, considering that as soon as it whiffs it'll just die if you're playing a competent opponent.

It would be nice if it had a move that vacuumed or some kind of move that hit high or low.

...it do have a summon that goes to the back of the opponent and do overhead with 2 follow ups (one that is used as a stagger and other that launches).

THEN WHY DO I NEVER SEE THESE INCOMPETENT JAPANESE DOING IT FFFFFFF

Is it because the start-up to them is so slow that they're virtually unusable?

I've only seen the launcher follow-up, personally. And the start-up is pretty long on it, the only time I see people do it is after what looks like air-combo-> 66C (it could be a different 66[button], I don't know 100%) since just throwing it out there will get the stand hit, Chaos punished, or both. Also, on block, the stand roars, making it extremely vulnerable to being hit and also prevents Chaos from using it again until its done being mad that his opponent can block.

Its space control is okay since if Chaos can hit-confirm his claw lunge the stand can follow-up with more attacks or Chaos can spend meter on EX Slash for an OTG combo pick up or Oki. He's going through the usual new-character throes: people are interested, everyone plays him, people are discouraged by getting murdered by other people maining characters they're familiar with, a few stick with the character until they either flesh out or are revealed to be terrible (and some people stick with them even if they are terrible, like every Zappa player to have ever lived).

If I had to compare him to one of the previously mentioned stand characters, I'd say Relius is the one I associate with him the most. The stand is mobile, vanishes if hit, and after a short cooldown can be summoned again. It lacks the durability of stands like Asterius and Nirvana, but comes back much faster than Little Eddie and the other aforementioned stands (well, Little Eddie if hit. If unsummoned, I'd say they're comparable).