Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Under Night In-Birth, PS3 release confirmed (Jul 24, 2014)

I like how Carmine's gender is not specified anywhere. :psyduck:

The amounts of Engrish make me feel like it's TM-related. I hope it will be worth the hype as a successor of MB. At least it already has a Tager with a beard and German name in Chinese clothes.

people say that its a she, but it looks like as a he for me, in the concept are, in the sprites and in the promotional art it looks more like an androgynus male than a she

I haven't actually played Melty since I played BB (the first fighter that I made any effort to be better than a special move spammer at)

>Didn't take melty seriously

>Attempting to judge a game that you seriously did nothing more than mash buttons in

uhhhhhhhh

http://www.4gamer.net/games/128/G012841/20110207001/

Screens and not much info >_>

*just wondering are the first four characters introduced in every new fighter usually the main hero, main heroine, rival, and either grapple or heavy damage character?

**haha should've backtracked 2 pages instead of 1 ^^;

and I'm as slow as ever :/

thanx bro, but that was posted 2 pages ago

edit dont worry bro

and yeah, it seems that way, or at least for BBCT and UNIB seems to bee that way

Pretty excited for this, despite "It's just HD Melty,"(We don't even know what systems it has!) especially since i feel like airdash fighters sort of prompt the range brought by weapons, and the character designs aren't as boring as melty's, but melty is certainly good and I look forward to this.

You would be correct here. The gameplay isn't so great(And now days, it feels very outdated). I used to mainly play it because it was based on Tsukihime.. But now that I kind of don't feel the same about Tsukihime anymore, Melty has gotten boring lately. So, maybe with this new game they can bring something new to the table.

incorrect response to devdan

>Didn't take melty seriously

>Attempting to judge a game that you seriously did nothing more than mash buttons in

uhhhhhhhh

correct response

This just in, impossible to have opinion on game you haven't mastered. I'm pretty sure I explicitly stated that my opinion wasn't definitive, but I definitely spent at least 25 hours on the game, and I don't look back on it as time spent playing something that was particularly deep. (as opposed to the similarly short amount of time I spent playing Virtua Fighter 4)

I may have been terrible at it, but how do you get 'mashing buttons' out of 'special spamming', they are entirely different kinds of scrub level play. I could do ABC combos, c'mon.

This just in, spending 'hours' spamming moves at low-level exposes me to the depth of a game.

This just in, impossible to have opinion on game you haven't mastered. I'm pretty sure I explicitly stated that my opinion wasn't definitive, but I definitely spent at least 25 hours on the game, and I don't look back on it as time spent playing something that was particularly deep.

How did you spend those 25 hours? Did you autopilot, try to understand the game well, play against bad players, play against good players, etc.

Melty looks really simple on first glance, but it's a lot deeper of a fighter than you'd imagine.

I may have been terrible at it, but how do you get 'mashing buttons' out of 'special spamming', they are entirely different kinds of scrub level play. I could do ABC combos, c'mon.

So you mashed stick motions and buttons at the same time!

So pro.

This just in, impossible to have opinion on game you haven't mastered. I'm pretty sure I explicitly stated that my opinion wasn't definitive, but I definitely spent at least 25 hours on the game, and I don't look back on it as time spent playing something that was particularly deep. (as opposed to the similarly short amount of time I spent playing Virtua Fighter 4)

nigga your name is devdan

dont expect to be treated kindly when you come saying that its your opinion as an excuse to trash on a game, specially if your "opinion" its stated to make controversy

yes, you dont always need to master a game to have an opinion about it, but if you dont have a good understanding of what makes a game depp or good at least on a basic level, believe me, you wouldnt have an educated opinion

lol, im gonna be a man, and leave the gramatical error as it is right now, it has more sense that way

I essentially said "Melty Blood didn't seem very deep, but I'm perfectly willing to give it another chance if they ever put out another home version.". That doesn't seem like a very unreasonable thing to say, and yet you people are getting competitive Brawl levels of defensive about it. What am I supposed to think about that.

And no, I wasn't mashing buttons, I was spamming special moves that I knew because memorizing them takes like 5 minutes, why is that so hard for you to understand. I already said I was terrible at the game, I don't get what you're trying to prove by insisting that I was worse than the very bad I am already claiming to be.

shoutouts to rephrasing yourself to make yourself sound better. or shoutouts to typing things that say/imply things you didn't mean to say. i also recently said stupid shit without thinking. it happens. let's change topics.

so how bout that fucking huge guy

are those claws or what?

Yeah the art looks like it might be 3D with some sort of cel shading instead of straight up 2D, but we'll know for sure when we see a vidya.

this reminds me more of rumble fish :psyduck:

My god I wish that game and its sequel were localized. Also Carmine is as much of a girl as Ash Crimson is lol.