Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Under Night In-Birth, PS3 release confirmed (Jul 24, 2014)

its confirmed, Carmine is a dude (like many of us believed)

In an attempt to get things back on topic...

発表後 - パン工場「裏」

Narita (French Bread front man) made another post on the developer's blog. Seemingly confirms that Carmine is indeed a guy, after seeing comments about how some sites perceived him as a female.

Also, he admits that "In-Birth" (confirming again that it's actually pronounced "Inverse") was basically chosen to be spelled that way...because they thought it looked cooler. :lol:

Never change, French Bread. :rofl:

Knew it, my lez-dar wasn't going off so it was impossible for him to be a woman = w=

Now they just need to show a cool woman (or else I'll be stuck with Linne...) Interesting tidbit about it actually being pronounced "inverse" :3

Of the current cast Weldstein interests me the most. I usually main characters of that particular archetype so I'll be keeping my eye on him as info pours out.

the funny thing is that if they wanted to pronounce it as inverse they should write it as インバース instead インヴァース wich its read as Invasu

and release it overseas too, if they really want to compete, they need to release it outside japan

Why? Don't they get most of the income from the local arcades, anyway?

You know, I'm actually a little disappointed here. I was secretly hoping that Carmine was a girl and there was just something we were missing.

I think he means to compete with BB, as in, get BB's market and make them go "this is better"

Yeah, but why would they need American market for that? I mean, Nesica doesn't even support non-Japanese arcades, which basically means that they don't care about, say, BB outside of Japan. They're pretty xenophobic about that in visual novel industry, so it's logical to assume that it's also true here.

BB isn't exactly a smash hit in America, but it's still a part of the market.

I actually was being braindead and I think I was talking about console ports, honestly. It was early in the morning and I was fucking out of it.

im talking about console ports, plus from what we know right now the game could be running on ringedge and not nesica

Yeah, but why would they need American market for that? I mean, Nesica doesn't even support non-Japanese arcades, which basically means that they don't care about, say, BB outside of Japan. They're pretty xenophobic about that in visual novel industry, so it's logical to assume that it's also true here.

NesicaxLIVE is available only on Taito TypeX2. MBAACC runs on Sega's new arcade system Ringwide. But with the updated graphics, it may just need to be run the more powerful hardware Ringedge. And by compete with Blazblue overseas, I think people mean a console port.

Because Sega seems to care about a US market.... So that might be in the cards at the moment, when you look at this. I have NO idea what this means for the few arcades that still surviving in US, but it might mean something.... that said, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

NesicaxLIVE is available only on Taito TypeX2. MBAACC runs on Sega's new arcade system Ringwide. But with the updated graphics, it may just need to be run the more powerful hardware Ringedge.

Maybe, but price is a factor. Being the high-end system, the Ringedge does have a problem when trying to compel operators to buy a game at it's relatively high-price point. Ringwide is not as costly while being an HD system, which is an advantage to operators trying to keep the cost low.

There are other circumstances that add into this... French-Bread having programmed for Ringwide before, and programmers are a conservative breed most of the time. And I highly doubt that they would max out on the 8GB flash or the 128-ram card with the new game to warrant a move to Ringedge. Not from what I have seen so far...

That said, should it be on the Ringedge exclusively... expect a PS3 port, the systems happen to share the same graphical architecture (coming from Nvidia).... it would make porting less of a task.

Another website relating to UNIB, from French Bread.

French-Bread Online

And just in case any one cares...

Basically, the message on the page talks a whole bunch about how UNIB represents basically a new milestone in French Bread's 13 years of being on the "market". From their humble beginnings as a small time doujin circle that made things like Queen of Heart, to now making an ORIGINAL fighting game that's being released straight to the commercial arcades. It's like a dream come true to them. And to thank those who supported them over the years, they're endeavoring to make this the game best it can be, and all that kind of stuff.

Again, really a pity that we likely won't be seeing anything more of substance to this game until the end of the year.

not so relevant, but still

My first impression of the game was "Wow, this looks a lot like WanWan." Hopefully it's a hell of a lot better than WanWan.

My first impression of the game was "Wow, this looks a lot like WanWan." Hopefully it's a hell of a lot better than WanWan.

... I don't follow.

I assume he means Wonderful World.

I know what game he's referring to. I've played it a significant amount and because of that I don't get why he's comparing this to WanWan.

seeing the video again i noticed that Linne is 15 years old wich makes her a Nymphet, and not a loli (though she looks like one)

seeing the video again i noticed that Linne is 15 years old wich makes her a Nymphet, and not a loli (though she looks like one)

People are calling all the Arcana Hearts cast lolis even though most of them are 17 years old. Age is irrelevant in these matters.

Actually, no. Nymphet and loli are basically the same thing, so she's neither if she's 15.

I know what game he's referring to. I've played it a significant amount and because of that I don't get why he's comparing this to WanWan.

Well just the character design kinda reminds me of it. It wasn't a shot at either games, don't get me wrong. It's just the whole 'Teenaged boy and girl and by the way they have swords' look they've got going on there. Not gameplay wise.

true, but remember that often the word is used to label girls aaround 14/15 to 17 even when they arent sexually precocious, also the fact that she is 15 makes her not a loli (theorically, cuz she kinda looks like one) :P

true, but remember that often the word is used to label girls aaround 14/15 to 17 even when they arent sexually precocious, also the fact that she is 15 makes her not a loli (theorically, cuz she kinda looks like one) :P

Loli is all in looks man. Don't care if she's 10000 years old, if she looks like a loli she is one.

Or at least, thats what I've been told. <<