Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Koihime Musou (2D fighting game)

Anyone know if this game is using 3D models or 2D sprites? Some of the idle animations look almost too smooth to be sprites but that's not to say they didn't go the SNK / BB route of tracing basic 3D models. I also noticed that the characters are mirrored when they switch sides which would seem to indicate sprites but MvC3 uses models and they mirror themselves when changing sides as well... (Can't remember if AE does this as well but I imagine it does- I just can't think of a character off hand that's not symmetrical).

it use pre-redered sprites (3D models turned into sprites). If you played snes donkey kong country or super mario rpg, that's the same. The "xing of fighters" tried to do it too, but the result wasn't so good. About asymmetry, it can be done in sprites, but take more effort to do and need more memory to run. I remember that cps2 back then don't have memory to make it real (see sagat eye-patch) even if they want to, but neo-geo could. For this reason in sf3 (that runned in cps3) they deliberately put asymetrical characters (gill and his secretary), to prove capcom system could do it too. You can see asymetry in recent games too, like "under night in-birth" hilda, but it takes more work to do and will need more memory to run, so developers try to avoid even designing asymetrical characters.

The demo doesn't seem to have even a hint of online among its locked modes, which is worrisome. Though it does lag quite a bit on my toaster, so I'll have to pass on this one till I get a better PC, anyways.

the demo seems to work fine on my cpu. only significant frame rate issue is when super and assisst is use. think i want to get this one.

The demo doesn't seem to have even a hint of online among its locked modes, which is worrisome. Though it does lag quite a bit on my toaster, so I'll have to pass on this one till I get a better PC, anyways.

The game's requirements make no mention of a network card so I doubt there is any. The only options in the menu are "Arcade Mode", "VS Mode", "Training Mode", "Game Options", "System Config", "Game Controls", and "Ranking Data".

Thanks for the links for the trail, gonna try this game, looks interesting.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really digging this game's OST. Seems really fast-paced and full of energy. Any word on an OST/rip?

I don't even understand how you can make a game these days without netplay.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will make a caster for it... Yeah, who am I kidding.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really digging this game's OST. Seems really fast-paced and full of energy. Any word on an OST/rip?

I really like the music on some of the stages. Others do bad things to my ears though.

I really like the music on some of the stages. Others do bad things to my ears though.

Honestly, I haven't heard too much of the game's soundtrack yet, but I've really liked what I've heard. It's kind of difficult to listen to much with how overpowering the sound effects/VA's are, though. But I feel the same way about a ton of other fighting games, so maybe it's just my personal preference, haha.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to hearing more when it's available. Do we at least have the name of a composer or anything? I'm really having difficulty coming across information for this game.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out where the audio files in this game are located, or what format/file type they're in. Any advice from you computer experts?

went back from my scene, holy this game is fun! looking to download it on my laptop! :D

Just played this with a living person, as well. The game feels very Street Fighter-like, with great emphasis on neutral game and footsies and quite short combos (unless someone gets hit with a Fatal). My friend spent some time training combos with Cao Cao, but still had a hard time beating my bow lady that I just picked after checking out the whole roster: she covers loads of space with her arrows, has a decent "get off me" reversal/command grab/parry, and her super is insanely good, punishing every single thing while dealing 4500 damage in the process. Feels like it has way too much invulnerability for its worth. Add to that the trap super, and I felt downright dirty while playing as her.

Have a wiki~? Guess the patches were good. I remember being disappointed at early vids.

Am I too late to ask for a rip?

SSH made the music of the game

only music rip I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOfa5Pe4V4

hopefully some good soul rips the rest and share it

also a ton of recent Match vids

http://www.youtube.com/user/serikamo/videos?sort=dd&tag_id=&shelf_index=3&view=0

EDIT

found some interesting stuffs

someone made a sprite/hitbox viewer of the game

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/shin-koihime-musou-otome-taisen-151166.20.html

my attempt to do a .gif lol

meatbun_Ryofu_zps89356737.gif

AmiAmi taking pre-orders for those interested.

Not sure if should get; for 1 Koihime [as a series] is trash, 2 my favorite character didn't get in, 3 CP will be right around the corner and I'm already blowing the extra gusto on LE, 4 this game is going to be super small and niche already and netplay will probably suck...

Decisions, decisions...