Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Koihime Musou (2D fighting game)

Koihime Defense force has arrived.

Netcode is pretty good in Koihime for what you need it to do; since Koihime really isn't about combo timing outside of backwards hitbox fatal combos.  Most of what matters online is if you can react to overheads/walk up throw.  So the slower frame rate for more lag actually works fantastic, the only thing it really changes is it makes jump in's go from a bad idea to a really bad idea.

My Impressions on Kannei:

f.5B being gone is really going to hurt...my frametraps :/.
new 2C... HOLY CRAP a new low, and it looks like a great poke and safe at distance.  Gonna be nice especially after the recent damage nerf(yeah the PS3 version got patched a few times) to her 236X->A and 236X-B series which looks like it got kept.

Everything else looks the same j.2C still really good.
236A+B still OP
I still need a confirmation that cl.5B > 236C->B(Crossunder) still works mid fatal. 

New characters.
Spear Girl: pfffffff 3k+ midscreen meterless what is this.
Sword girl: Looks like we finally found a character with a better 5A then Kakouton...and she has a command throw hahahahahaa.
Boxer: Looks like she has REALLY easy confirms, she looks like another Kannei really but it doesn't look like anyone has her figured out yet.

Sadly no netplay for PC, which is a shame because the game has very interesting mechanics and systems.

im surprise no one has try making their own netplay for it. Well it would be pointless at this time with the update version. Its shame people skipped the ps3 version since it actually has decent netcode.

HOLD the **** on this game network infructsor is on point

Ping connection ratting
lobby training mode

Lobby key config

6 man loobby ( 8 is just excessive imo)
lobby puzzle mode for non spectators.

on top of pretty decent netcode?

you can get vanilla for pc and ps3(netplay)

Oh, I already knew about the PS3 game. I meant the recent version of the game. I still plan on importing the older version of the game when I get the chance.

Is the new version (with the boxer girl) ever getting released on consoles?.....patch or disc just wondering

Edit tokin just asked that I feel silly

I  have my doubts it'l be patched in, The new shin kohime to some extent make drastic changes with new hud, stages, and characters. With that said the gameplay mostly goes unchange.  If they were considering bringing the update version to console I suspect it'll be new retail disc or digital. 

how active is the game online? is there a chance of getting opponents on  a given night or is it mostly arranged matches? i've been watching it on a-cho a lot and didnt realize it was on console till now, even if its not the newest verison. im pretty interested in the game but idk if i want to take a risk of buying it for so much and not really having too many people to play with.

how active is the game online? is there a chance of getting opponents on  a given night or is it mostly arranged matches? i've been watching it on a-cho a lot and didnt realize it was on console till now, even if its not the newest verison. im pretty interested in the game but idk if i want to take a risk of buying it for so much and not really having too many people to play with.

you'll find activity but mostly japanese players. Which is shame because the game net code is surprisingly decent. If you don't have offline scene to play with or not fan of arranging matches than I suggest getting the pc version so you can see how the game is..

Is this game the same as Koihime Enbu which was released in 2014? I've been looking for info on this game and I'm kinda getting confused as to which game is which. 

Koihime Enbu is the second iteration. It has no home release at this point.

Ok, thanks for clarification. Too bad about the lack of a home release. 

Console port (PS4 and PS3) of Koihime†Enbu, the up to date version of the game, announced, will ship in Japan in September.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2015-06-22/koihime-enbu-arcade-game-gets-ps4-ps3-ports-in-september/.89568

Official Website:

http://www.yetigame.jp/koihime_enbu/index.html

Definitely on my To Buy list! Thanks for the news!! :toot: :toot:

Question is: do I get the PS3 version or the PS4 version?

Question is: do I get the PS3 version or the PS4 version?

I for one would wait until videos of both versions are available, but since the characters and backgrounds are 3D-models I would tend to the PS4 version.

However, if online modes are important for you and it has no cross-play between both consoles, you should buy the PS3 version, since the majority of players will get it for this system because they do not have PS4 yet and/or own an arcade stick which is only compatible with the PS3.

Need more people to buy this games. I've played this game in Japan at KSB (Got 1-2 at the tournament with a lot of close matches).

To let you know, although the mechanics are the same, it's a big improvement from the old vanilla game.

I thank you, Unknown Games

I for one would wait until videos of both versions are available, but since the characters and backgrounds are 3D-models I would tend to the PS4 version.

They're pre-rendered sprites, not realtime 3D. The game's hardly pushing the PS3 hardware.

Be great  see this game get some love. Could be nice send off for the vanilla version.