Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stryfe

Stryfe's Uprising! March 26th Battleground Arena. Vernon, CT SSF4, MvC3, GG/AH3/BB

Which game do you want as the third game in the tournament lineup? GG, AH3, or BB.  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you want as the third game in the tournament lineup? GG, AH3, or BB.

Also with me playing AH3, VS, GG, and Vanpri, I'm the king of dead of games.

Quick question, what console version of VS2 would you recommend?

Honestly I believe that AH3 has a lot of potential and is probably one of the only other fighting games I'm going to seriously play but GG is where the heart is. MVC3 is over a decade old and only until recently did they have any online play, neither did 3S but there were tournaments all the time that included the game into the roster. The same thing could be said about games that came out recently do you see any Mortal Kombat vs. DC, Tatsunoko locals, or HD remix locals, they have online and still get not much play. The more you keep the game out of the roster the faster you kill it so all you are helping to do is perpetuate the same cycle. You can't blame a magnificently made game for not getting play because it doesn't have all the pretty new gadgets. The game does dictate the people that play it, but not the strength of the community, it never will. Also with me playing AH3, VS, GG, and Vanpri, I'm the king of dead of games.

@Nerdjosh - I saw what you did there. That was quite funny if I do say so myself.

learn something new everyday

None. I hear nothing but terrible things about VSav2.

Play VSav on emulator.

This 1000 times. VSav2 is horrible.

The vote is going to stay open til Feb 20th. Spooky agreed to stream it, and I'm gonna work hard to make sure the CT beatdown's run smoothly.

~One more thing, Otakuchin (the guy who ran the ACT series) ran SF4 with GG with the purpose of attracting more player's. He worked hard to run both together to expose the game to different communities and it didn't attract new player's. The "if we play it they will come" mentality has not worked and it has been tried many times. The game's core issue's (lack of online play, spaced out competition, and lack of a new game) are the problem, and that's what I meant by things that are out of our control.

To be fair, it did attract some new players. There are people who have picked up the game after those tournaments, and there are more people who have become interested, but haven't picked it up. It will probably take a while before people will want to pick up this game, what with all of these brand new games being released, though.

Where's my MB option? D=<

Though I don't play that game myself, I do respect it, and it does seem like it should be a voting option.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core has already been online for quite a while now. Thread->: : GGXX: Accent Core - now (actually) playable online!

It might give you some bad habits of timing your combo's too fast (i.e. I was missing my SE/EXE Beast FRC's and my sister was missing her CH SW Loops/her JI combos), if you play someone too far away... I also heard that you don't need really good PC specs to play it!

It's nowhere near a replacement for offline competition, but if you live in an isolated area, with no competition in sight (or don't feel like driving to your friends house all the time lol) -- and you're depserate for some competition, then I think you should atleast give it a try! :3

On the subject of a new GG: it is more than likely that if/when they make a new GG, it will be another Guilty Gear: OVERTURE, as Daisuke Ishiwatari has stated in both old and new interviews... With that said, IMO, I would just hope that AC get's ported to PS3/360.

Not trying to hijack/spam this thread -- just trying to let some people know :).

True. That is something. Although the requirements are actually pretty high, and it's kind of hard to set up, so that will prevent a lot of people from playing it that way. Plus, it doesn't run as well as a 360 or PS3 port would (if good netcode were used) and it's not as as common knowledge as one of those ports would be. My point is that it really can't replace those ports. However, in the meantime, it is a viable alternative! So thanks for mentioning that. Maybe we should be letting more people know about it.

I agree with what you're saying about it being a collective effort, but, not everyone has the access to a venue to hold something something weekly/bi-weekly/monthly etc. So when those that do, drop the game off their roster, that's just one step closer to nobody playing it.

The whole, "if more people put effort in, I would too", attitude is the whole reason the game is in the state that it currently is. You can't keep it going on your own, no, but, if you remain apart of those who don't give up, you are giving it the chance to grow. If you just give up because not enough people play, then you're just helping to smother it.

Just food for thought.

Definitely truth in that.

I vote for MvC3 team tournament and can we have an AH3 remembrance ceremony.. obviously some of you haven't moved on... :\

It's time to move on...

Killed by...MvC3? Haha. What happened, Nerdo? What about your homegirl Kira?

Really, though, I don't think AH3 is going to die so easily. And I also hope that it doesn't, because this game is too fun.

(Or maybe, judging by A3's post, I am just missing the joke. :()

...MVC3 is over a decade old...

Oops. (For anyone who's confused, I am pretty sure the meant MvC2. Unless one of us stepped through a time warp and didn't realize it.)

I agree with what you're saying about it being a collective effort, but, not everyone has the access to a venue to hold something something weekly/bi-weekly/monthly etc. So when those that do, drop the game off their roster, that's just one step closer to nobody playing it.

The whole, "if more people put effort in, I would too", attitude is the whole reason the game is in the state that it currently is. You can't keep it going on your own, no, but, if you remain apart of those who don't give up, you are giving it the chance to grow. If you just give up because not enough people play, then you're just helping to smother it.

Just food for thought.

That isn't at all why i'm taking the game out of my default lineup. I've said this in every post I've made, Guilty Gear isn't growing because it's a small fish in a big pond essentially. People in the fighting game community are aware of the game and how good it is. It just lacks very important element's that we don't have any control over. We've tried/worked hard for years (the ACT series plus my last Uprising) to help replenish the GG community and our effort's did not help expand the community. I worked my ass off to run my last Uprising because I do have faith in the game, but my longterm goal for the Uprising series is to help expand the fighting game community IN GENERAL. Uprising is not just for the GG community which is why I'm also running Super and Marvel vs Capcom 3. I don't want to run a game just so the same group can continue to play without any change coming from it. Also, I am a part of those who don't give up. If I wasn't, this thread wouldn't be here right now. Again, I'm working on behalf of the fighting game community aka EVERYONE. The poll is here to support what everyone wants, not just the GG community. I can use that "support the dedicated player's" argument as a reason to run any game because every game's community has them. And that's why the poll also has BB and AH3.

Blue~I'm sorry bro, but our effort's have, and will be in vain if I continue to run it. If the whole "if we play it they will come" theory was the remedy, why haven't the countless ACT's plus my Spooky streamed event made a difference? It NEEDS online play to have a chance at breathing life into it. Life meaning a good amount of new blood and people playing it more often than 2-3 time's a year. Like I said, I want to support and expand the fighting game community overall, and honestly it's kind of selfish to ask me to run something just so the same small group can play. When you know that everything I've said about the state of the game/community is reality. Also, a couple new player's isn't breathing life into the big picture. That's what I meant by we shouldn't base the WHOLE COMMUNITY off of a small portion of people.

Fraga~You're godlike. Thank you, and yeah i'll definitely take the help again. We are a good team.

Etta~<3

Also, to the people who voted..if you don't plan on attending the tournament I'm not counting your vote. There are people who live across the country on the poll..

Also, to the people who voted..if you don't plan on attending the tournament I'm not counting your vote. There are people who live across the country on the poll..

Stream Monsters don't get a say in this? I'm not sayin' you can't ignore the votes, but people are watching and it's something to consider.

I want to know that running GG on the stream will make an overall difference.

Also, to the people who voted…if you don't plan on attending the tournament I'm not counting your vote.

Stream Monsters don't get a say in this?

:psyduck:

Stream Monsters don't get a say in this? I'm not sayin' you can't ignore the votes, but people are watching and it's something to consider.

I don't want people to ask random people in their game to vote because it would make the poll super biased. Only the people who are going I'm counting.

EDIT: I'm definitely considering what the stream monster's have to say, and you're right that they deserve a say in this. The problem is I would need to post this poll on srk and homing cancel to make the votes less biased. SRK is the main stream monster lair- next time i'll post the poll forum wide. I just didn't want multiple poll's going to keep it more organized, and since two of the games on the poll have home's here on dustloop.

Lordpangtong~All of the game's in the poll are based on what the majority of people wanted. And a lot of people asked for AH3 over MB.

Nerdjosh~Yeah def, I posted the Marvel team's idea on SRK too. I may take out Super team's for it depending on the demand. I can't run both sadly :/

I don't want people to ask random people in their game to vote because it would make the poll super biased.

Lordpangtong~All of the game's in the poll are based on what the majority of people wanted. And a lot of people asked for AH3 over MB.

:psyduck:

All of the game's in the poll are based on what the majority of people wanted. And a lot of people asked for AH3 over MB.

Out of curiosity, who did you ask? Because from what I've seen, a lot of people are saying they prefer Melty Blood.

Just what I've heard on my end of the spectrum, but I don't know where you're coming from. But I that's why I'm asking~

Hey LPT, if you really want to take my money in another MB tourney, here, have five bucks. It'll save me the trouble of an embarrassing defeat.

Also, I don't think anyone will be truly happy with this situation unless there's a tourney for every game.

While I do not condone the fact that we need a poll for this, and we really should have both, I might end up going because it's close. So yeah, GG.

My bday party is gonna totally ruin any chance i have of coming to this. But everyone have fun, play that gear if it isnt a tourney game anyway.

Ahmaad is the Guilty Whisperer.

Out of curiosity, who did you ask? Because from what I've seen, a lot of people are saying they prefer Melty Blood.

Just what I've heard on my end of the spectrum, but I don't know where you're coming from. But I that's why I'm asking~

http://boards.ign.com/arcana_heart/b24307/200030393/p1/

@Tales~The reason why there is a poll is to determine which game is going on the stream. I have no problem with helping run side tourney's.

@Doomie~I'll be running these on at least a bi-monthly schedule from now on so no worries. Happy early birthday too :)

Poll's close in two day's (the 20th) and it's looking like Guilty Gear is taking it.

The official winner of the vote is GUILTY GEAR!!!, the rules will be updated in the first post.

So...can we run an Arcana Heart 3 side tournament? I'd be more than happy to run it if there's time. Also, what happened to MvC3? There's only reference of SF and GG in the rules section.