Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

Community Project: BBCS2 Character Tutorial Videos UPDATED MAY 2ND

arakune already has one, skye made it :V

Not quite, I make a loop set up tutorial, and while most of the set ups are still applicable, I will make adjustments to them when CS2 comes out.

I'd love to be involved with the Arakune section, I'll talk it over with Kousaka and Mumm-Ra, they are also very smart contributers to the Arakune lore.

I may as well head or at least work on the Rachel project as I'm one of the more well-versed dustlooop members in CS2 Rachel combo theory right now.

Is anyone else doing this with you, Luna? If not, I'd like to help out where I can.

I'm just worried about starting this before we get the game, videos are fine and all, but I don't really feel comfortable making a guide about something I haven't touched yet. I may still give it a shot though, I guess it depends on when SJ wants the guides to be done.

I'll try to help with what I can with Carl, but I gotta go through all the new stuff that's happened in the last two months. I leave for awhile and all of sudden it almost seems like Carl + corner = gg or burst.

I'm down to help out.I will try to get something going on in the Jin thread.

I'm just worried about starting this before we get the game, videos are fine and all, but I don't really feel comfortable making a guide about something I haven't touched yet. I may still give it a shot though, I guess it depends on when SJ wants the guides to be done.

Bro you can do little stuff to get ready like, cleaning up old threads that are useless, Find pic you will use, and get ideas rolling.:cool:

Edited by koun

I have a few suggestions about the format, length and style of the combo videos. I don't know about anybody else, just my own preferences here.

When I'm learning a character it helps to have every combo in a separate video, this way you don't have to search a 10 min long vid for the right one, or let it load forever; you can also download the small video to your phone or comp easier than a large video file, especially if you want to dl it in HD. Another thing that is immensely helpful are the button sounds, I can't stress enough how much better a tutorial vid is when it includes button press sounds. Having a little box in the corner, or a separate video for viewing hands and button presses is a nice extra.

I'd call this a great combo tutorial vid. Maybe not all combos need such a detailed video, just advanced or complicated ones. But something in that style while explaining possible sticking points in the desc would be an A++ would watch again tutorial.

I have a few suggestions about the format, length and style of the combo videos. I don't know about anybody else, just my own preferences here.

When I'm learning a character it helps to have every combo in a separate video, this way you don't have to search a 10 min long vid for the right one, or let it load forever; you can also download the small video to your phone or comp easier than a large video file, especially if you want to dl it in HD. Another thing that is immensely helpful are the button sounds, I can't stress enough how much better a tutorial vid is when it includes button press sounds. Having a little box in the corner, or a separate video for viewing hands and button presses is a nice extra.

I'd call this a great combo tutorial vid. Maybe not all combos need such a detailed video, just advanced or complicated ones. But something in that style while explaining possible sticking points in the desc would be an A++ would watch again tutorial.

Button sounds may be difficult with some recording methods, but a text overlay with the move names synced up with when they're pressed may be helpful.

I'm in, when I get CS2. From what I've seen, Taokaka is 95% the same. So it shouldn't be too hard.

Why does my name a have a question mark? :C

I even made a thread in the Noel boards about it quite some time ago.

I'm doing it.

She's different than CS1, so I didn't really say anything about it. Just wait for release.

Updated the list again since most of staff is on board as well.

Even though CS2 is not out yet, I'm just recommending to get the simple stuff out of the way (play style, normals and other moves, strengths/weaknesses, etc.).

I could do Valk. I wanted to do something like this for CS1, but I didn't have capture equipment :-( He's pretty much the same so it'll probably only take a few days to hash everything out.

Edit:I'll do it if Jais doesn't want to that is

Edited by Guardian

I probably won't have the time to do a huge amount of stuff, but I volunteer VO. I know Spillit said he didn't want it, but just in case...

I'll be a project head for Lambda if no-one else wants it.

I'd volunteer to do it but I'm pretty bad at this game. :psyduck:

We can work on this together if you want? Looks like the Lambda boards are gonna need all the help it can get...

You know you could have asked Severin right?

@ Hex: What are you talking about I am the only poster in the Tager forums.

I would like to help with Ragna, but since Titanium already got the lead and my english is broken as #R Eddie , I'll try to help as much I can.

Hi! I can do Lambda stuff, and I know of a few willing to help. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I'll get a thread started.