Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

Community Project: BBCS2 Character Tutorial Videos UPDATED MAY 2ND

Okay, I can probably get going with a Taokaka tutorial. Not all that much has really changed except for j.D length and that her BnBs are different.

Sounds like an awesome idea. If you need help uploading the completed videos onto YT I can do that at least.

Sounds like an awesome idea. If you need help uploading the completed videos onto YT I can do that at least.

Already have a YT channel set up for all this (among other things). Thanks though.

In regards to combos, make sure you guys make a clean, compiled list of practical combos. In addition, I don't want something absurd like 20 combos for each section because frankly, that is too many combos and needlessly lengthens the videos. A good, short list compiled of optimal and practical combos is probably best. Perhaps around 5 for each section, 10 at the most. If you guys can agree with 5 to 10 combos for each section (if applicable since the basic section will likely be short), I will add that detail to the first post.

yeah we'll be working together.....

OR ELSE

Last time I checked, I'm the one who can change your posts.

We can update them, but they will probably have to be seperate videos. Reeditting the original tutorial video with new combos/strategy seems to be a bit redundant.

As much time as needed. If they are taking longer than needed, I'll try to set a deadline.

Don't worry about recording your own footage; having me do it will make it more consistent for the rest of the videos.

Ah cool.

Want me to start the thread for the Rachel forum?

Wait a bit until we iron out some other details/discuss the topic a bit more. Just want to see if anyone else has any ideas as to what can go in these videos.

As a new Rachel player I'm looking forward to this. I just hope most of will be simple and basic also for me to digest. In the meantime, were there this kind of tutorials made for CS1 somewhere?

Showing how each character uses meter might also be good. For example: Platinum can use Cure Dot Typhoon as a combo ender to tack on some big damage or as a reversal during pressure. Cure Dot Typhoon also restores all her items,.

So teaching the players how exactly to incorporate those features wisely into their strategy might be good. Aso explaining how the character can make good of Counter Assualts and Rapid Cancels could be useful as well..

As a new Rachel player I'm looking forward to this. I just hope most of will be simple and basic also for me to digest. In the meantime, were there this kind of tutorials made for CS1 somewhere?

The only ones I ever found were the Hazama and Tsubaki ones that Aksys did (linked in my earlier post); They're pretty good for beginners since they introduce most concepts, but they don't teach combos or anything like that.

will the videos have someone talking over them explaining things, or no?

Text would be best of explaining sections of the video, rather than recording someone's voice because generally it's easier to do, hearing the same voice over and over again can be kind of tiresome, and in the case of different people doing voice overs, not everyone has a good voice to be recorded.

:thumbu:

Am I the only person who wants MikeZ to narrate the Tager video again? it would be a nice nostalgia bomb / be awesome.

No. That joke is dead, and I hope it stays dead forever.

Sprt, if you run into a combo you can't do, will you have someone there to help you out? For the most part I know you won't have a problem, but I'm sure there will be a few practical-but-hard-combos for (at least) Litchi and Carl.

(This is a legit question, I'm not trolling your execution or anything.)

Showing how each character uses meter might also be good. For example: Platinum can use Cure Dot Typhoon as a combo ender to tack on some big damage or as a reversal during pressure. Cure Dot Typhoon also restores all her items,.

So teaching the players how exactly to incorporate those features wisely into their strategy might be good. Aso explaining how the character can make good of Counter Assualts and Rapid Cancels could be useful as well..

That kind of stuff should be covered in the strategy section. An example would be going for okizeme with one character instead of a max damage combo and the pros and cons of each.

Sprt, if you run into a combo you can't do, will you have someone there to help you out? For the most part I know you won't have a problem, but I'm sure there will be a few practical-but-hard-combos for (at least) Litchi and Carl.

(This is a legit question, I'm not trolling your execution or anything.)

I'm sure I can get it if I practice it enough, but yes, I'll ask for help when I need it.

arakune already has one, skye made it :V

That would be great if the videos were for CS2 and not CS1.

Going to update the thread soon. If you are interested in being the project head of a character, please repost so I can make a list.

I'll do the Mu thread (kinda already started). Besides all the Mu people will be plenty helpful (all 4 of us).

Shit sucks I am a mod and seem like one of the most informative Tagers. (And posts way too much.)

Leader for Tager is pretty much me.

I am just gonna gather data, compile it, and send it to you as a giant pile of fire and passion.

Accept my passion SJ!! Accept it!!!

I'm in, subscribing to the thread to catch any updates. When I get the go ahead I'll start.

I'm in, subscribing to the thread to catch any updates. When I get the go ahead I'll start.

Is anyone else doing this with you, Luna? If not, I'd like to help out where I can.