Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

Community Project: BBCS2 Character Tutorial Videos UPDATED MAY 2ND

@ Hex: What are you talking about I am the only poster in the Tager forums.

Dude, geckotide said that Tager had a good community. I know you have no-one in your forums which is why you hang with us instead. :cool:

Hi! I can do Lambda stuff, and I know of a few willing to help. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I'll get a thread started.

I've got a thread started already, but please feel free to change/add stuff to it. I'll be willing to help out however I can.

I would like to help with Ragna, but since Titanium already got the lead and my english is broken as #R Eddie , I'll try to help as much I can.

Everyone is encouraged to help. The project leader's job is to mainly take information, organize it, and put the good stuff in the guide.

For clarification:

Are you (and company) going to do the actual recording based on the final threads, or would you prefer us to do our own recording?

Edited by FlyingVe

Going over the details, I think that the project leads should agree on a shared format of the video tutorials.

This way:

1.) New and old players alike can easily look for particular information, which will avoid unnecessary confusion.

2.) The videos will have a similar level of quality.

3.) The video tutorials will feel more like a Dustloop community effort than one by each individual sub-forum.

As such, I agree that text is the best option as you can ask for a specific requirement to streamline the tutorials. As much as I would prefer a voice-over to allow players to focus on the action and not be distracted by text, you (Spirit Juice) are right about the varying quality of said voice-overs. You could have someone do all of the voice-overs for the videos, but that would require a lot of effort and knowledge/confidence in BB on their part.

I will work with daiandoh to get the bang content going. I can also do some of the recording for bang to save you some work, spirit.

As such, I agree that text is the best option as you can ask for a specific requirement to streamline the tutorials. As much as I would prefer a voice-over to allow players to focus on the action and not be distracted by text, you (Spirit Juice) are right about the varying quality of said voice-overs. You could have someone do all of the voice-overs for the videos, but that would require a lot of effort and knowledge/confidence in BB on their part.

I agree that text is probably the easiest solution, but I disagree with your logic; It doesn't take ANY knowledge on their part except knowing how to do good voiceover. The problem is that it requires a lot of TIME from that person, so unless someone with some voiceover/narration/public speaking skills wants to step up and put in the effort to cover ALL the videos, I think it's best to stick with text. =/

Which is really a shame.

I agree that text is probably the easiest solution, but I disagree with your logic; It doesn't take ANY knowledge on their part except knowing how to do good voiceover. The problem is that it requires a lot of TIME from that person, so unless someone with some voiceover/narration/public speaking skills wants to step up and put in the effort to cover ALL the videos, I think it's best to stick with text. =/

Which is really a shame.

That's why I had a forward slash between knowledge and confidence as a sort of "and/or". You either need to know or sound like you know what you're talking about. XD

We could create a sample text (Like 2 minutes of BlazBlue speak) and have interested parties upload auditions for voting. :P

After Master Chief Sucks at Halo, i'll never be able to take Microsoft Sam seriously ever again. That Tager is Cheep video had me laughing the whole span of the video.

People can just learn to read and/or backtrack.

It works fine both ways. Voice over is totally unnecessary. It's much more important to have text on the screen for instructional purposes.

Compare the vid that came with the collectors edition of CT, to the character intros that Option-Select put out for the SSF4 newcomers. The simple text one is much better for a serious tutorial (imo).

For clarification:

Are you (and company) going to do the actual recording based on the final threads, or would you prefer us to do our own recording?

I will be doing a majority, if not all, the recording. I know there are some staff members with HD recording devices, but we'll take care of that internally.

There is going to be a section on everyones guide about their indiviual match-ups, right?

Edited by Kujikawa

There is going to be a section on everyones guide about their indiviual match-ups, right?

No. Read post #1.

Character match up doesn't feel required in the video because, frankly, there is just too much detail to go into for each character. You could spend hours explaining how to beat X character with Y character and it would get very tedious.

No. Read post #1.

Oh, sorry.

I must of not read it clearly enough or I was half asleep since I missed that. Thanx anyway.

Cirno will be taking over my position as the leader, since I am unable to test things myself and contribute added to the fact that the original thread was made before her release and had a lot that needed correction we decided to remake the thread.

Clarifying information for Arakune, afterwards, I will throw in some new info and check for extra stuff, and then all done.

I can help, hit me up on facebook.

I'm just learning all of this though.

So I need to learn it before I can teach/explain it.