mr.mortified

Q&A about Joystick Building, Parts, and Purchasing

That sucks a ton dude.

If you have the means to build your own case, maybe customs would allow you to import the necessary electronics to put it together yourself?

They're the same sticks as the Qanba sticks. Re-branded. Nothing really wrong with them outside of the occasional bad pcb.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

im not sure if they would allow the PCB through, they thought the arcade stick was a console by itself...

little edit.

i was offered http://www.electronicthings.com.ar/playstation-3/accesorios/controles/fightstick-pdp-mortal-kombat-classic-kollect-playstation-3.html?pid=9506 this stick, i dont like the layout but i want your opinion.

i was also offered a used Madcatz TE for xbox360, i use ps3 so im not sure how the adapter thing pans out, any opinions?

im not sure if they would allow the PCB through, they thought the arcade stick was a console by itself...

little edit.

i was offered http://www.electronicthings.com.ar/playstation-3/accesorios/controles/fightstick-pdp-mortal-kombat-classic-kollect-playstation-3.html?pid=9506 this stick, i dont like the layout but i want your opinion.

i was also offered a used Madcatz TE for xbox360, i use ps3 so im not sure how the adapter thing pans out, any opinions?

I would take the TE if it is a choice, but if you can't find a converter (or import a different PCB), you might not be able to use it.

I would take the TE if it is a choice, but if you can't find a converter (or import a different PCB), you might not be able to use it.

hey guys i found this adapter http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-480001235-cable-adaptador-control-con-cable-de-xbox-360-a-ps3-nuevo-_JM

i was also offered a razer atrox (a local shop said they were gonna enter in the upcoming weeks) how does the whole adapter thing pans out? is there any problem? does everything runs smooth?

If that's the adapter I think it is (XCM adapter), it's trash.

General rule of thumb: 360 <-> PS3 converters (either way, to or from) lag like crazy, by nature of how they work.

Does anyone know if the ArcSys 25th Anniversary stick can still be purchased anywhere? I've looked around and it seems like it's sold out everywhere from being in short production.

Does anyone know if the ArcSys 25th Anniversary stick can still be purchased anywhere? I've looked around and it seems like it's sold out everywhere from being in short production.

It was a limited edition. Stock is probably depleted so if you were going to purchase one it'd have to be from a private owner at this point.

Today I had a good start when my little parcel arrived with 4 new Seimitsu buttons and LS-56 spring for my Madkatz stick!

I wasted no time in putting it all in :v:

Removing the e-clip from the stick to change the spring was painless using a small pair of sharp-pointed scissors. I was able to clip it back on using my fingers.

I had already added a Sanwa 8-way gate to the stick, which is basically a (bad) Sanwa copy.

I am stoked! :yaaay:

post-33465-139515177928_thumb.jpg

BTW I'm using the Mayflash adapter for this to work on PS3 and PC and it seems to work without lag, but there is no home button.

Edited by Tronotron

Can anyone recommend a Hori Fighting Edge, I'm a bit skeptical about the Hayabusa and Kuro parts. Also, is there a reason why all of the black versions are either out of stock or unavailable?

The parts feel very much like seimitsu parts. The most unnerving part of using the FE for me was how much noise the stick makes when you hit the gate. Otherwise I never had any execution problems while using the stick. Not a huge fan of the start/select/home on the stick, but they never got in the way.

Not sure where you're seeing the stick as out of stock, both Hori and Amazon have it in stock for both systems, unless you mean the Kuru and Hayabusa parts themselves, in which case they have not officially been released on their own yet.

To the ones who got the arc sys anniversary stick, how is it? I really want to get one, but I can't justify getting one when I already a good stick. Also, it doesn't seem like the arc sys stick is in stock anymore. And that shipping price just kills it for me.

I was very unhappy with the asw stick for a number of reasons. Ranging from poor engineering concerning the balltop (impossible to tighten from the bottom and get the stick back together without bending the plexi), to the poor pcb and lack of a home button.

Darn that's too bad for you; especially given how much that must have costed. Well now that I'm not that hyped up anymore for it, I can move on at least.

Holding back on my purchase for a Fighting Edge, I'd like to know, is it comfortable? I need a Fightstick that is made with excellent parts, is comfortable, and I can design it easily. Although not quite sure how I'll do the last step, but I digress, any suggestions? Not too picky on price, but I've learned you get what you pay for. (Damn you Hori V3)

Hey guys I have a stick that has a problem with the nuts eventually slipping of the bolts which results in my joystick coming loose and lots of input errors. Is there some sort of glue or something I can use on the nuts to stop them from slipping off? I had this problem before I had to replace the joystick at one point and put all new nuts and bolts in so they are the right size I'm kind of at a loss for why this keeps happening.

Nuts and bolts for attaching the joystick to the case?

But any kind of good glue would be able to prevent them from moving significantly.

Holding back on my purchase for a Fighting Edge, I'd like to know, is it comfortable? I need a Fightstick that is made with excellent parts, is comfortable, and I can design it easily. Although not quite sure how I'll do the last step, but I digress, any suggestions? Not too picky on price, but I've learned you get what you pay for. (Damn you Hori V3)

I just got a PS3 Fighting Edge about a week ago and am quite happy with it so far. The stick is very comfortable. Being a large sick, there is plenty of room for your hands and arms. It also uses the Noir layout so there is more room between the stick and the buttons than on a TE, which very nice for people with large hands. The Hayabusa lever and Kuro buttons, imo, are the best I have every played on. The Hayabusa is very responsive and requires very little force to activate, while also not feeling loose. It is definitely a step up from the JLF. The Kuro buttons also only take a very light touch to activate. In fact, you can be so light with them that they may as well be silent. I find my hands are less tired/sore after playing for hours on the FE then they are when I used my TE and Qanba. It is definitely worth its premium price.

That said, there are a few negative things. First off, there is currently no way to keep the touchscreen capability if you plan to dualmod. Also, the bezel lights of the stick while in tournament mode can be distracting, but that could also be a positive if you are a scumbag. And it is also, its a little bigger than a TE, which can make it a hassle to carry around in a tournament.

TL;DR If you want a really nice single console stick, then the FE is one of the best. If you need a dualmod stick, then perhaps consider buying the Hayabusa & Kuro buttons alone and adding them to another stick.

Hey guys I have a stick that has a problem with the nuts eventually slipping of the bolts which results in my joystick coming loose and lots of input errors. Is there some sort of glue or something I can use on the nuts to stop them from slipping off? I had this problem before I had to replace the joystick at one point and put all new nuts and bolts in so they are the right size I'm kind of at a loss for why this keeps happening.

If you never want to take it apart again, you want something like this

If you want to someday be able to take those nuts off, you should probably just put a blob of hot glue from a glue gun on each of them - that stuff usually peels off okay if you attack with a knife.