mr.mortified

Q&A about Joystick Building, Parts, and Purchasing

So im looking into changing my happ super for a seimitsu LS-56, but since my case is made of wood and i got a bottom mounting like this, and i cant really modify it right now, to make it work im going to need a flat converter to put the seimitsu in place.

Am i on the right track with this? or am i going to need a different converter and/or additional parts to make it work? or is there another japanese stick similar to the LS-56 that i could put "as if"? im sorta new to japanese sticks and i dont wanna buy something just to realize i need something else, or something completely different to make things work.

The LS-56 plate has mounting holes in-line with what you'd expect from a JLF.  Happ Super does not have the same mounting hole setup so you will need to adapt somehow.  I have adapted wood cases with bottom mounts by using wood screws with washers and filing off the screws before in those circumstances.

The other problem you may have is that most of the Japanese levers assume a larger hole for the main shaft.  I've never been hands-on with a Happ so I don't know if that'd be a problem, but when I've built cases and screwed up the centering of my lever mount, I was okay so I imagine that you'll be fine on that regard.  LS56 has a longer shaft too so depending on your case, it should work out.  LS-58 would work too but I think you'd have issues bottom mounting an LS32 or LS40 if you're running a Happ right now.  JLF might even be a bit short.

Usually though cases built for American/European parts tend to be bad fits with Japanese parts just because of the different measurements, clearances, all leading to a kind of awkward mismatch.

Has anyone tried to padhack a Hori Fighting Commander 4 pad or the PDP MKX pad to get the PCB for a stick mod to get it to work on PS4?  Is it easier to sodder than the DS4?  I read the DS4 is hard to sodder due to the small size of the board connections.

Don't even think about the DS4.  Mad pain in the arse.  Hori's FC4 looks like a pretty simple pad-hack job.  Not quite as easy as the GGXrd LE pad, but pretty close.  PDP MKX pad looks like a good option too unless you're dual-modding.

Gummo's HFC4 pad post

Gummo's PDP MKX pad post

Thanks Blackraen, the links were very helpful.  When Gummo refers to dual modding the PDP, does that mean trying to make it work for Xbox as well as the default functionality (PS3/PS4)?

So a less expensive solution would be to just forget about the happ screws or take them out, and just put new ones for the seimitsu then? i think ill do that just need to see were to get somebody to lend me the tools.

For your second paragraph i went and did some measurements, the control panel is actually 10mm tick and according to slagcoin if im reading everything correctly, that leaves me with 21.5mm to work with which i think should be ok, for the shaft hole my case got 30mm of diameter and the stick even at max throw distance got 3 extra millimeters to work with so again it should be fine. 

As for the last point ill bite the bullet, i dont think much things can be worst than the happ super haha.

@00Bubbles00

Yes dual modding is when you get an extra pcb or circuitry to make a stick that only works in 1 console to work in both.

Yeah basically the nice thing about a wood case is that you can get pretty creative about attaching a mounting plate as long as you don't mind making some new holes, and really all you need are the screws and a driver.  If your panel is metal though, kowal's multi-adapter plate would probably be the easier option.

I'm curious about your lever's hole size though, is it really 30mm?  Same size as your buttons?  That sounds too big.  In anycase it'll probably work out.  You would definitely find the LS32 and LS40 to be on the short side though, but an LS56 or LS58 should work fine.

Thanks Blackraen, the links were very helpful.  When Gummo refers to dual modding the PDP, does that mean trying to make it work for Xbox as well as the default functionality (PS3/PS4)?

Yep, basically if you're going to be hooking up any additional boards to the buttons besides the PDP.  Honestly, I'm not a fan of PDP, they always do 'different' things with their circuitry rather than just going with the simple approach that make it more difficult than it needs to be.  I just wish the HFC4 was more readily available.

well unless im blind or im missing some conversion shit it is 30mm im guessing the guy who did my case just was feeling lazy at the time haha

well unless im blind or im missing some conversion shit it is 30mm im guessing the guy who did my case just was feeling lazy at the time haha

Lol!  That's awesome.  Yep, 30mm.  I wonder if he maybe just doesn't have a 24mm bit.  So yeah, you should be good to go.  I can't wait to get a table saw so I can start possibly offering my own case builds for folks.  I've gotten passable but having to clamp and fence with a circular saw has it's limits.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to put custom art over a Hori Fighting Edge?  I really do not want to screw something up.

I'll probably be picking Revelator up on PS4 (because it's time to upgrade lol), which means it's time for a new stick. Right now, I'm looking at the HRAP4 Kai because it seems to be the cheapest stick while still being solid. I want to know how heavy is the stick and does anybody who owns it have anything to say about it? I've always used mad catz sticks, so I appreciate a stick with some girth. 

hi i want to buy one new arcade stick for my pc and ps4 and i saw this

Hori Real Arcade Pro V PlayStation 4 PS4 PS3 PC Stick Hayabusa Fight Fighter | eBay

tell me is it good ;;;; does it has problems with the distance between the stick and the buttons΄΄;;;

if it has lags inputs and problems;;;

is it good for mortal combat x and street fighter;;;

tell me your opinion about this..

IS  IT WORTH TO  BUY  THIS΄΄;;;

DO I NEED MORE EXPENSIVE΄΄:;;

WHAT  NEGATIVES AND WHAT POSITIVE  HAS΄¨΄;';;;

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Hey, recently I bought a TE2, and would like to change out the buttons for Sanwa, any size, green rims, and black caps, translucent all over. Any way I could go about this? Thanks in advance. 

So what's it take to change the art on the MadCatz Shadoloo TES+?

I have one, but dont' play SF... so now what? lol

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but... 

Which one is better Hori Fighting Commander 4 (old version or 2016 version) or Hori stick mini?

Im using the DS3 and the motions dont come out perfectly. The training mode thingy that shows my motions are clearly telling me that I should get something new to play with.

They're both the same price here in my country btw.

Thanks in advance

On 11/16/2016 at 11:20 AM, RaFael said:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but... 

Which one is better Hori Fighting Commander 4 (old version or 2016 version) or Hori stick mini?

Im using the DS3 and the motions dont come out perfectly. The training mode thingy that shows my motions are clearly telling me that I should get something new to play with.

They're both the same price here in my country btw.

Thanks in advance

Months later- but better late than never. FCP4 by far, the Hori Stick mini is not a real stick, don't waste your time on it.

Hi!

I'm sorry if this is a too big of a question, but I recently started getting into fighting games (mainly BB) and playing with a controller feels really limited. (I can't precisely do quarter circles, only 1 finger for the 4 attack buttons, etc.)

Long story short, I really want to buy a fighting stick for my PC, but both my budget and my knowledge is limited. I have about 65 euros for it, and I live in Hungary, so it's very likely that It'll be slightly more expensive. I don't know if I should ship it, or try to buy one locally. In fact, I don't know anything about fighting sticks, and I started to look for myself but I don't even know where to start to compare two.

Should I make a whole thread for this question?

Thanks for any kinds of help in advance!