Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogboy

Sol IK setup?

This is a matter of frames here. A sw gives a clean hit and can be done fairly low to the ground. Clean hits are un-tech-able for x amount of frames. Sol's IK has some stupid startup time both on the ik itself and the kill mode animation. What i want to know is are there enough clean hit frames (untechable) to allow for an Ik after a low sidewinder.

Also wondering if you can rc or frc vorukanniku vaipa and then ik.

another way would be wild throw, ik, although this would be risky. But it's sol's ik, it's going to be.

0_0 wait.... Sol's old dustloop had some stupid untech time... hmm... ik ender?

You can never combo into IKs. But you can in GG1 lol. So, IKs are pretty much impractical because if you miss, you lose the tension bar for the rest of the round. So, yeah, don't use it in matches. Unless you like to troll.

only time you can 'combo' into IKs is:

1. when the opponent is dizzied (see: eddie spamming 6P when youre hit by puddle to raise your stun)

2. when the opponent is ABA and you hit her as her goat key meter empties

i think you can combo with HOS's IK but that's not a standard IK. not sure about dizzy's so maybe that works too.

I'm pretty sure that's not for all characters either because of the varying IK mode activation time and the startup frames of the IK itself. I know characters like Jam or Ky get into IK mode fast enough where they can IK off of a dizzy but I have no idea about Sol.

Then again, Napalm Death seems to miss everyone when they're dizzied anyway so it's even more useless.

Dizzy IK seems to be, if I'm not wrong, the most impraticable of the set.

Only use for IK is for trolling noobs, even when dizzy state, I see japanese players use normal combos for the final blow.

Well the original question wasn't answered. A setup is not always a combo. For example, a throw setup with guile in sf2 can be blocked sonic boom then throw. I know combos are less risky than ik's. I'm looking for the number of untechable frames of sidewinder (1 sidewinder) and the number of frames it takes for sol to enter ik mode and execute the attack's animation. I'm guessing around 60 frames for each.

As for people not being able to ik someone in dizzy, get close if you must.

For "practical" ik, there's Eddie. That's about all I know outside of maybe ky.

There's a "frame data" section on here but it really has nothing to do with the frames of specific characters' movements. Neo Empire had one but unfortunately it was full of dead links to what I can assume are areas in the old site layout.

i'm having a hard time undestanding what you're trying to do. Sol's IK can be blocked in any direction, so how can you create a 'setup' with it? do you want to do some crossup gimmick with it? i suppose that's possible if you make them tech in teh air in a specific direction or something but this can easily be defeated by NOT teching.

also: http://dustloop.com/guides/ggac/

do you not see the frame data link in the section titled 302 (Frame Data)? or am i misunderstanding your question of frame data for 'movements'?