Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

Guess I'd start a SoCali thread. Doesn't matter which area of SoCali; from Santa Barbara to San Diego, it's all good.

And maybe a little intro/info so people can hookup with others from the same area. I'll start...

Name: TGS

Usually plays with: Sir Phobos, other Riverside people.

The only SoCal tourneys I've been to (GGXX#R-wise) were the PSM and Pentland tourneys where we had people from Vegas, Team R.U.N., the Santa Barbara players, and everyone else come down.

I'm about as SOCAL as it gets, all the way over near San Francisco....

I'm about as SOCAL as it gets, all the way over near San Francisco....

Then GTFO of this thread and make a NorCal thread. :grin: J/K.

Purrin: I think I'm closer to Oceanside than Phobos is right now. But nevertheless, I'll make him drag me to your tourney once I get back to Riverside. :cool:

This thread is deader than dead. Where are all the So-Cali people at? (besides on srk.com...)

P.S. Any idea which SoCali arcade is gonna get Slash? Arcade Infinity? Family Fun? Super Arcade?!?!?

I'll just post the results here since Gamecombos is dead...

1st KenI (PO)

2nd Render (JO)

3rd Purrin (MA)

4th TDO (SL)

5th Erwin (JA/MA)

5th Pulsr (MA)

7th RazorByrn (TE/ZA)

7th Pignuttz (ED)

9th Seta (DI)

9th BakaBlitz (BR)

9th HellMonkey (BA/ED)

9th Ervin (JO)

13th Kevin (KY)

13th Urzakor (BA/AN)

13th Nocturnal (VE)

13th Hell-RZR (MA)

I'm sad you and Phobos didn't come, TGS :cry:

I'm hoping they all get it, man. We gotta support this shit in the arcades as much as we can!

I vote we boycott #R in favor of /.

... hey tgs, where you at? I had no idea you were socal, or even better, riverside. I'm really close (irvine) but my friend alex is like, 5 minutes from knotts (and I work there) so we could probably gets some casual in, as I'd love a game or 2 of Millia Mirror Match =)

I miss the days of MMM since homer went back to eastcoast :cry:

I'm at UCR, where Riverside has no scene except me and Sir Phobos (but Phobos lives like 30 minutes away from Riverside, so I dunno if that counts). I'm practically teaching #R to my roommates and other people in hopes of them becoming hella good overnight, but it doesn't look good at the moment because they still die to scrub Eddie Buzzsaw pressure tactics = (. Though some are showing a glimmer of hope...

And yeah, I'd like to play against ANY decent Millia because playing scrubby mash-on-S Millias are taking a toll on me... Oh wait, I played Def1n1tely's Millia in tourneys before, but I got murked... Anyway, I'd like to play your Millia as well, but school and other stuff are tying me down right now, so if there's something planned in the area, I'll try to clear my schedule up just to make it and hopefully you can make it too...

I think this SoCal thread is just like the matrix...as in it's not really real, but it's kind of real, and we think it's real, but it's not really real in reality, just the fake real that we happen to believe is real. Therefore it doesn't really exhist.

That's cuz the real SoCal thread is in the real world a.k.a. Shoryuken.com, where everybody is keeping it real... For real. No, really.

P.S. I wish there were more Riverside County GGXX#R gatherings. :annoy:

(in a whispery voice) *if you host them, they will come...*

You and Phobos should try to hold something, even if it's just like 5-10 people. I'll be sure to try and make it, and I think Jo, Def1n1tely and CrazyDazed aren't too far away. Acouple others too I'm sure.

That's cuz the real SoCal thread is in the real world a.k.a. Shoryuken.com, where everybody is keeping it real... For real. No, really.

P.S. I wish there were more Riverside County GGXX#R gatherings. :annoy:

srk is probably the worst forum i have ever read in my entire life and believe me ive seen a lot

edit: this include forums for child molesters

Poon visits Child Molester forums!!?! :blink:

But I do agree with ya, srk has some funky people making post in the General areas n'such. I usually stay away from all that though, MvC2 and 3s players scare me :sosad:

Poon visits Child Molester forums!!?! :blink:

But I do agree with ya, srk has some funky people making post in the General areas n'such. I usually stay away from all that though, MvC2 and 3s players scare me :sosad:

But I'm a MvC2 and 3S player too... :cry:

Hey everyone! I never checked the dustloop matchmaking section until recently, so that's the reason I haven't been gracing you guys with my awesome posts.

I'd be willing to host some sort of #R thing closer to the holidays with TGS, that sounds fun!

Edit: Different smiley tags than SRK??? WTF???

SoCal on dustloop. I'm bored, so I registered. SRK seems to be the most active, though. Btw, what the Hell do L.P. stand for? I'm assuming people are referring to music.. and no, not Linkin Park. I hate them.

L.P. = Single? I dunno...

BTW, there's talks of people trying to have another big PSM tourney sometime before the year ends. Nothing's definite yet though, just giving a heads up.

Yeah.. it probably does mean Single. Probably talking about like.. Vinyl records, or something. I dunno. Nice. If there's another PSM tourney, I'll be there. As usual.. really close to my place. :/

So Cal sucks until they migrate up here to play some games with me. ;o

Sign in to follow this