Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

just wondering, is there any arcades with GG closer to Pasadena than FFA? I usually play at school (CalPoly pomona), but I'm home for the summer, and don't have access.

Well now with AI dead this will be the ultimate socal thread! ( R.I.P. A.I. ;_; )

So... now where do we play? ?_?

Well theres a group at calpoly pomona trying to get some sort of biweekly tournaments going for SFIV, though I will be suppling blazblue or MVC3 depending on popular demand. But it looks like FFA is the only real arcade for good games in solcal now.

I seem to recall hearing that UCI had some kind of fight night type thing going at one point, though I don't know if that includes Blazblue/Guilty Gear. I spend my weekends in Irvine and used to go to AI during that time but now I'm pretty much out of ideas for what to do. I don't want to drive an hour or more to FFA if I don't have to.

Additionally, if anyone reading this Socal thread is in San Diego, please pay attention to the SD thread Shtkn started. We've got around 5 people who play and it would be really baller if we could find more.

Soooo :[ Now that AI is out, LL doesn't count and FFA is far for most of us, if i were to hold gatherings at my apartment saayy? Weekly-Biweekly on certain days/nights near UCR/Riverside Area, would anyone be interested in goooinggg?

I would. Riversides only a half hour from me. Gotta say, that'd be sick. Play sone BB, grill and toss back a beer or two sound hype as fuck, not gonna lie. How's that sound to you guys?

Edit: also, Wild, I go to those fight clubs occasionally, and they focus more on Super and Marvel. I've heard a couple play BB, but it's always Super when I go. :(

I'm trying to get something like bi-weeklies going at Pasadena City College if that appeals to anyone.

Edited by Guymam

RIP AI.

I've also heard about the biweekly gatherings at Cal Poly Pomona, but I believe it's mostly SSF4, unless someone supplies a set up.

Uci has Marvel, Ssf4, and AH3. Way more marvel and sf the ah3, but I think there's usually at least one setup.

They're cool guys, and if you bring a setup they'll let you use it, but I don't think there's any gg or bb players right now.

Each gathering so far has had BBCS casuals (I live on campus and supply the setup). We had five people playing blazblue last friday, won't be any more meetings until next quarter though. As for PCC, I'd be more than willing to drive out there for some games. I wish that had been going on when I attended there.

Each gathering so far has had BBCS casuals (I live on campus and supply the setup). We had five people playing blazblue last friday, won't be any more meetings until next quarter though. As for PCC, I'd be more than willing to drive out there for some games. I wish that had been going on when I attended there.

Thanks for bringing that set up, really appreciated. Sad I didn't get to play you due to Ragna/Litchi shenanigans all night :3 Maybe next time!

We actually got a lot of interest in the proposed "Fight Club" idea at PCC from some of the students, and so I will now go through with that. If any of you would like to play, let me know and I will give you the details as soon as I have specifics. People were mostly interested in Marvel, but some were interested in BB and Arcana, so maybe some high level play provided by some of you will get them more into it.

Soo, thinking about doing a dry run gathering sometime next week? Looking at Thur, Fri, Sat or Sun night. Let me know what looks appealing! :] Mainly going to be GG, AH3, BBCS and Mvc3, if someone brings a copy. I'll give more details soon!

I've got a final on Thursday night so I can't make it then. I'm good for any time Friday or Sunday. Saturday I could make it, but it's not the best day for me. I could bring MvC3 for either system as well.

Okaay well Friday next week is looking to be the ideal date for most people. Sooo here's the details to those interested in coming!

Gathering in Riverside/UCR @ Sanoshi's Apartment

Where:
Near University of Riverside, off campus apartments.

When:
Friday, March 18 2011. Arrival between 6-8pm is cool

Games:
GGXXAC, BBCS, AH3, MvC3. I have SSF4 if someone wants to mash that.

Setups:
1 ps2 console, 1 CRT, 1 Vizio LCD 40in 1080p tv, 1 ps3 w/all BB chars unlocked. Severin is bringing his monitor for BB cause my tv is very ass. I'd appreciate if anyone wants to bring another monitor or setup :] (3 screens, 2 consoles)

Directions to my place:

Contact Info:
Feel free to add me on
for my number. Just let me know who you are or something so i know you're from dustloop. PMing me on DL is fine too or you can look up my AIM on my profile.

Parking
: You have to park on the street on Tripoli. Any place with white numbers or yellow requires a parking sticker.

Stuff to know before hand: Me and my roommates have 2 dogs in the house. The older one, Bella, is a complete sweetheart and does not bite or anything. She just likes to get in your face while playing games since she likes attention. The younger one, Lily, is a puppy, only about 5-6 months old and she's still adjusting to new people, but she does not bite or anything, just cute barking cause she's scared.

Anyone's welcomed into my room, either just to hang or if you need private conversation or something. I have a desktop and a laptop if anyone needs it. Most of the gaming will be done in our cozy living room. I figure probably around 8 or 10ish people will get hungry (or already ate). There's a bunch of places walking distances nearby to eat from Subway, Pho, Pizza, Carls Jr. Starbucks, Yogurt Land, etc. All are pretty much within a 10-15 min walk away. There's a little ceaser's down the street if everyone just wants to pitch in for the $5 hot and ready pizza. Anything is fine.

I'm pretty sure we all won't be too loud. I'm definitely fine with drinking, i'll probably have some girly drinks or something available. Don't mind if anyone else brings some either (Always wanted to try to play beer pong! Hahahha). I know most of the people drive to get here, so you won't be drinking anyway- but worse case scenario, i have sheets and couches and stuff to crash on the floor on, plus my room. Just make sure you clean up, be respectful to my room mates and everything is solid :]

Edited by Sanoshi

There's a scene in Cal Poly? I've gone there for four years and don't know much, probably cause I'm an Electrical Engineer major and spend most of my time in lab rooms doing eek, studying ;_; If anyone can provide info that would be awesome!

I went to AI a bit to play before it died, but always as an anon. I guess its time to get social! I'd be down to go the gathering of yours Sanoshi if that's okay. I live in Fontana which is practically next door! I have a TE Stick I can bring, and can bring pretty much every fighting game on the PS3 (MvC3, BB:CS, AH3, SSF4, T6, KOFXII lol, and SC4) or even a PS3 console itself if desired.

Oh also, does anyone play the new Pokemon or Monster Hunter? I'm down for some action on those games too!

I hope to make some new friends when this happens!

Alright! Cool OniShirou :]! Definitely look forward to meeting with you! Hit me up either through PM or facebook for my number just in case you get lost or something. I'm glad you're coming out and being more social! :D Haha you'll definitely make friends and learn a lot in the process!

Since we'll most likely have only 3 setups, another ps3 would be great. We'll have just enough sticks as well for the ps3, but if you have a ps2 one i'd bring it, just cause my Tekken stick kindaa bites haha. Otherwise, bring what you wanna bring :]

Alsoo! Wish i had the new pokemon and i don't have monster hunter currently on my psp. :[!

Awesome! Then I shall bring my PS3! Mine has the Jin announcer on it if that makes any difference XD

Well I look forward to coming! Sounds like it's gonna be a blast! :D

I'll be there as well, and looks like you mentioned both Monster Hunter (Unite?) and the new Pokemon games, both of which I have, so I'd be down for some of that on the side.

I unfortunately still haven't got my stick yet, but looks like there's enough for now. I can bring my laptop with AH3, BBCT, SFIV, MBAC, Reload and AC on it, though since most of those are either outdated or a pain to setup, sticking with the consoles would be best. I'll bring it in any case though.

Looking forward to showing up next weekend!

There's a scene in Cal Poly? I've gone there for four years and don't know much, probably cause I'm an Electrical Engineer major and spend most of my time in lab rooms doing eek, studying ;_; If anyone can provide info that would be awesome!

Pretty much this for me, I've been at said school for two years and never have I heard of this. If they were to hold BB/GG gatherings I'd love to go. I knew they had SF4 tournaments from time to time, but not much else. FFA is too far off for me sadly. Stay poor Gil, stay poor. ._.

Sign in to follow this