Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

haha, sounds pretty sick stacey

maybe if someone will give me a ride half way I'll make it over

That all depends on where you live. I'm near Azusa and Pasadena, so I could drive you if you would meet halfway around those areas.

Alright, I know for sure I'm heading out now, though I'll probably be half-dead and sleep deprived from finals. I'll bring mvc3 in case anyone wants to play that.

Yaaay! :] I'm super excited to have you guys over. Definitely going to try to make this a biweekly thing. If more people can make it, and if it get's big enough, maybe i'll look into seeing how much it cost to reserve a room on campus and running some sort of tourny in the future! Either way, gonna be great hanging, chilling and playing. :]

Bang, i'll talk to you tomorrow about how you can get here. Hopefully you can work it out with someone or Guymam. Otherwise, totally want you to be there. :] Oh! And Wild Wallice, i have a copy of MvC3 so you don't have to bring yours if you don't want to. I'll have Jill and the other guy as well.

Just want to say ahead of time, if any of you guys want to bring friends or something, either that play games too or your gf/bf wants to come too, that's totally fine. Just give me a heads up so i know how many to expect.

So far, i'm counting around 7-8 confirmed? I got... Severin, JasonD, Blitz, Bywall, Danny/Fadooglee, Wild Wallice, OniShirou for now? Let me know if anyone else if for sure coming. I'm gonna ask a few other friends to see if they want to come down as well :] Probably going to buy some alcohol to do a post celebration of end of finals/St. Patricks Day, so just a headsss up!

I'll try to make it. thats after my final, depends on my gas funds though. (coming from calpoly, and have to make it back over to pasadena the following day). BTW, for people at calpoly, just look for announced SFIV tournies, Theres only a small crowd of BB, but we've been piggybacking on their announcements.

Edited by Kumlekar

Sounds good. I'll probably come too, Riverside is closer to me than FFA anyways.

Plus I'll be done with finals by Friday, so should be a fun way to celebrate :D

Unless something goes wrong, I'll be there too Sanoshi, with my friend who plays AH3 and Blaz. To Camaro, I might have some business in Santa Monica, so if you want to shell out a couple extra bucks, I can meet you around that area, or up towards FFA. Need yo commentary on dese matches dawg.

Sweetness! :] No problem Guymam, can't wait to see you and your friend on Fri! Gonna be super fun, i promise!

And DS, nah you shouldn't need to bring it. If anything, all we need would be one more set up for probably GG, so a CRT and ps2 w/ game would be nice.

Expecting 11 and/or more people to show up this Fri! :D I'm really happy you guys spread the word and are trying to make it out here! I do hope my place doesn't feel as cramped with that people, but i'll make sure to adjust to the amount that shows up. Really can't wait to finally meet old and new faces! :D

Again, do feel free to come early if you're afraid about parking or something. Make sure someone you know, or you has my number just in case you cannot find the place or having difficulty with something.

For future reference to those who show up, my window will be open with red curtains so you can see inside. That way, you'll know you're at the right place. (At this point, i might as well buy a balloon and tie it somewhere has a marker lol) CAN'T WAIT :D

edit: Actually, we would use 2 more setups. Probably one more for GG and another for BB/Ah3 or Marvel. That would total to 5 setups, 2 PS2's and 3 PS3's. Please let me know if anyone can bring stuff so i can make room!

Edited by Sanoshi
Need more setups please!

Oh daamn, yeah that's chill lol. Just give me a call if anything. Don't know if everyone ate or we're in the process of getting food, so just hit me up if you're on your way or close by and i'll let you know the status. I figure everyone will still hang out to about 11 or 12, at the latest, like 2am lol?

anyone from LA or passing by going to sano's house to give me a ride? I'll provide gas money

I might be able to go, but I'll be arriving late. Is there any Chevron in the area?

Edited by Raptor

Would love to go but I'm going to be out of town on Friday but back the following day. Let me know when you hold another one =D

Edited by Shin ATproof

@Oni: Yeaah bring your hdmi cables. If anything, just bring both just in case :]

@Raptor: Yay! :] No worries, a good bunch are arriving like at 10pm or little later. Chervon? Yeaah there's on on University Ave. :] Very close by

@Shin: I was gonna fb you about it too! But definitely i'll let you know when i'm holding another one! :D

Soo, any last min changes or anything else will be posted on this thread. Just a heads up, yes i'm totally down for drinking and i probably will have a few myself just to celebrate all this stuff going on like finals and after st. patricks day. If anyone does come early and is hungry, no worries, there's tons of places to go out and eat. And if people already ate, there's yogurt land like 15 min walk away, so a late night treat would be cool :]

When you guys arrive, a balloon or something will be attached to a mailbox, just so you know where my place is. It's apartment number 3, and my window will be open and has red curtains.

Again, you can park on street on tripoli or anywhere on blaine. Just remember, anyplace you see with white or yellow numbers are for those with a parking sticker.

Still hoping someone would bring one or two more setups, but if not, we're okay with 3 still. I'm guessing the main games will be GG, BB and MvC3.

List of for sure going: Severin, Jason, Guymam (+1 person), Wild Wallice, OniShirou, Dsmoove, Bywall (+1 person), Blitz (+1 person), Angel, Kennyon, Spidey, The MoonMaster (+2 people), Xie, Obalony

List of Maybes: Danny/Fadooglee, Kumlekar, Kamau, MCR/Asian Chris, Pulsr, Zong, TGS, Purrin, MikeZ, Donavan, Raptor.

Relink to Information Post About Gathering: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?30-California-Love-The-SoCali-Thread&p=964276&viewfull=1#post964276

Most of the maybes are either just time constraints, or finding a ride. If i forgot anyone, let me know!

I'll update this in the morning or afternoon after i hear from some people to see for sure.

Alrighty! Hope to see some of you guys there!

Edited by Sanoshi

Sign in to follow this