Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

Hey SoCal warriors...

Anyone from the Riverside area up for some games? I'm pretty decent at BB and trying to learn the ways of GG and AH3. I'm also bored of netplay and as it is now I can't seem to even get online anymore, so i'm really itching to play and meet cool friends <3

PM me, respond in the thread, or whatevz. :cool:

Hey! Nice to see another body in riverside! Are you close to the University at all? If anything, i try to hold gatherings at my place near UCR almost every month. I'm planning one out here soon, hopefully in a couple of weeks. It's usually a good turnout and you'll get to meet a chunk of people from the socal scene, just depends on peoples schedules and what nots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Numakie/IMAG0800.jpg

We have been having an "ok" turnout for Blazblue for the last 3 FFA tournaments, maybe around 10 players average. There could be another tournament on 9/18/11 if that board is any indication. Hopeful to have a good turnout this time around.

cool, tyvm.

Hey! Nice to see another body in riverside! Are you close to the University at all? If anything, i try to hold gatherings at my place near UCR almost every month. I'm planning one out here soon, hopefully in a couple of weeks. It's usually a good turnout and you'll get to meet a chunk of people from the socal scene, just depends on peoples schedules and what nots.

I'm not too close but I am close enough :] I'm only about twenty minutes away or so. Is that where your place is? I heard about the last one and was trying to make it but wasn't able to. Sounds like a great time! I'll definitely make it to the next one. I really look forward to meeting all you SoCal air dashers ^_^ How is the Riverside scene in particular?

Biweeklies also sound amazing. Where is FFA? Holy hell we still have an arcade in SoCal. That is great, although playing on pad is now biting me in the ass. Hooray :v:

edit: nevermind I see their website in that pic. Granada hills is pretty far for me to drive but I would definitely go with someone else and pitch in gas money if anybody from around here is interested in heading out there.

Edited by Shazam

95% chance I'll be hosting next Saturday (9/17/11). Because I'm poverty and there's a lot of us, it will be on my driveway/garage. I'll post details as soon as I finish making sure that the setups will run okay outside (AKA, I get tables).

Edit: I live in Cerritos.

Whoa, I should start posting in here more, I live in Cali myself. :3

Not a whole lot that I get three bars with people. ;_; But when I do its sexy. <3

I've gotten a few 4's before. I get the feeling I've met these very same people in local tournaments.

Soo uhh there might be BBCS2 at Super Arcade in Walnut where they have Wednesday Night Fights. I know theres a few ps3's and xbox 360's there and I'm pretty sure they're connected to the internet. I'll ask the owner if I could just put in bbcs and just update it since nobody plays on the ps3 with Mortal Kombat. There's hope.

Soo uhh there might be BBCS2 at Super Arcade in Walnut where they have Wednesday Night Fights. I know theres a few ps3's and xbox 360's there and I'm pretty sure they're connected to the internet. I'll ask the owner if I could just put in bbcs and just update it since nobody plays on the ps3 with Mortal Kombat. There's hope.

NIIICE.

yeah, the manager there is nice. About two or three weeks ago i brought my ps3 BBCS copy and he let us play it on one of the console setups. There's three dedicated console setups in arcade cabinets (1 ps3, 2 360s?), problem is they're not connected to the internet in the cabs...but i do know there's internet available at the place cause they were streaming SBO last week. I'll head over to Super Arcade later tonight with my BBCS copy and ask the owner about updating.

alright, stopped by super earlier today and got the ps3 updated to CS2. No DLC characters or Mu at the moment but i'd be willing to chip in a couple of bucks.

There's three of us that go on Fridays, i'll probably get there at 8:00 or 9:00pm this week with my BB copy. There's also AE, 3s, MvC2, MvC3 on 360, etc. They also stream Tekken 6 on Fridays.

Super Arcade

1211 N Grand Ave

Walnut, CA 91789

it's across the street from Mt SAC

Price per game? I hope it's not like most console arcade setups I've seen (like a few MvC3 cabs I've seen) where it's x dollars over y minutes of playtime.

alright, stopped by super earlier today and got the ps3 updated to CS2. No DLC characters or Mu at the moment but i'd be willing to chip in a couple of bucks.

There's three of us that go on Fridays, i'll probably get there at 8:00 or 9:00pm this week with my BB copy. There's also AE, 3s, MvC2, MvC3 on 360, etc. They also stream Tekken 6 on Fridays.

Super Arcade

1211 N Grand Ave

Walnut, CA 91789

DOWN. I'll be there Friday night also.

Price per game? I hope it's not like most console arcade setups I've seen (like a few MvC3 cabs I've seen) where it's x dollars over y minutes of playtime.

unfortunately it is set up like that, it's one dollar for every 30 minutes

is there anywhere to play GG/BB in santa monica or central la? it seems like all of the arcades are to the east.

Hidden

Just for a headsup, I'm one of the "three" that go there. :/.

Super Arcade

1211 N Grand Ave

Walnut, CA 91789

So, how many are going? I count four as of now.

Sign in to follow this