Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

New to the thread, anyone here live in South LA near my city? I'd like to meet up for some matches in BB with those who play.

HajinShinobi

New to the thread, anyone here live in South LA near my city? I'd like to meet up for some matches in BB with those who play.

I'll be willing to play you if you have a second xbox controller next Friday probably at Torozone.

EDIT: wait...I just realized that it's closed that day. Just PM me for an exact date...

Edited by diospyros

I'll be willing to play you if you have a second xbox controller next Friday probably at Torozone.

EDIT: wait...I just realized that it's closed that day. Just PM me for an exact date...

Sorry, what's Torozone and where is it located?

Also I have spare xbox controllers, just not spare fightpads.

EDIT: Nevermind I looked it up. Hmm, as for a date/time I'll get back to you on that.

Edited by HajinShinobi

Torozone is in Csudh, located in the ground 1st floor of the student union. There's already set-ups there. It's just a matter of talking it out with the owner to 1) get the cs1 copy in and 2) dl the cs2 patch. That's the only place I know right now with game set-ups.

EDIT: You can also set-up events there, but I haven't tried that part yet. So, I'll ask questions tomorrow morning. If not, there's mvc3, sf4, and fps stuff there.

Edited by diospyros

Torozone is in Csudh, located in the ground 1st floor of the student union. There's already set-ups there. It's just a matter of talking it out with the owner to 1) get the cs1 copy in and 2) dl the cs2 patch. That's the only place I know right now with game set-ups.

EDIT: You can also set-up events there, but I haven't tried that part yet. So, I'll ask questions tomorrow morning. If not, there's mvc3, sf4, and fps stuff there.

Sounds good to me, although I only play BB. I wouldnt be playing any of the other fighters.

I'll hit you up later this week about when we can meet up and play though.

Edited by HajinShinobi

Hidden
320583_294150700612695_100000533014018_1076367_475697733_n.jpg

Anyone up for BlazBlue at Super Arcade, Walnut CA? I need a real opponent. Recently, it's just been me and Score Attack Mode.

i think i'll be able to make it there this friday.

Question for all of you that play this game. Would you go to BB bi-weeklies/ranbats/etc. if it was at a venue like Super Arcade. And would you go if it had support, and show up on not tournament days to support the game? Just a quick show of hands and what not.

I would as I'd like to start getting around more for such things. My only problem though is a matter of transportation since I dont have my own car yet. So getting to places a little further out will be an issue for me.

I would as I'd like to start getting around more for such things. My only problem though is a matter of transportation since I dont have my own car yet. So getting to places a little further out will be an issue for me..

So I asked questions at the gameroom...and had to leave notes because the supervisor was barely available. From how things are looking now, the employer implied that the supervisor was stubborn about adding certain games to the available list. If things go wrong, the nearest available place is Danisen League at Xie's house next Saturday.I'm also in the same boat with Hajin on transportation. It's not a matter of getting there, but the timing of going in and out for me.

I would as I'd like to start getting around more for such things. My only problem though is a matter of transportation since I dont have my own car yet. So getting to places a little further out will be an issue for me.

I just ask my parents to drive.

Question for all of you that play this game. Would you go to BB bi-weeklies/ranbats/etc. if it was at a venue like Super Arcade. And would you go if it had support, and show up on not tournament days to support the game? Just a quick show of hands and what not.

Yes, I would go to BB bi-weeklies/ranbats/etc. if it was at a venue like Super Arcade. I'm not sure what you mean by support. I would show up on regular-non tournament days to support the game. Heck, that's what I already do, since I don't live too far away from there. I live in the same city as Super Arcade.

So I asked questions at the gameroom...and had to leave notes because the supervisor was barely available. From how things are looking now, the employer implied that the supervisor was stubborn about adding certain games to the available list. If things go wrong, the nearest available place is Danisen League at Xie's house next Saturday.I'm also in the same boat with Hajin on transportation. It's not a matter of getting there, but the timing of going in and out for me.

Are we not allowed to bring our own copies of games? I'd actually bring along my copy of BB and my HDD if we're able to do so. I'd provide an additional controller for the 360 as well.

If things dont workout then I can always look into that Danisen League too. Actually thanks for mentioning that.

@VerifyinTr1gIDs: My folks work everyday so asking them would be a hassle. I'm seeing what else I can as a means of transportation.

I currently take the bus.

Are we not allowed to bring our own copies of games? I'd actually bring along my copy of BB and my HDD if we're able to do so. I'd provide an additional controller for the 360 as well.

If things dont workout then I can always look into that Danisen League too. Actually thanks for mentioning that.

Bringing copies wouldn't be a problem, but getting the supervisor to agree on dling the cs2 pack is.I just have a feeling that's it's going to be a problem.I Do you know which transportation to take for csudh, Hajin? I'm just wondering so you won't get lost.

I would definitely be down as that place is the closest and most convenient for me. It would give me an excuse to play this game more as well.

Bringing copies wouldn't be a problem, but getting the supervisor to agree on dling the cs2 pack is.I just have a feeling that's it's going to be a problem.I Do you know which transportation to take for csudh, Hajin? I'm just wondering so you won't get lost.

Doesnt one of the Torrance Transit Bus Lines go pass CalState? Like Line 6?

I don't think I can, though. I'm usually there Saturdays.

ah, for saturdays you can probably just carpool with me to Xie's Danisens if i'm available, i won't be able to make it to the one this weekend though.

Edited by dbs dbs

i'd go, it's conveniently close to me. i guess just as long as they would'nt conflict with Xie's Danisens

Doesnt one of the Torrance Transit Bus Lines go pass CalState? Like Line 6?

yup, it's line 6. There's about three different transits that pass by. Make sure to ask if it's heading toward the CSU.It's simple, but a lot of people make the mistake of boarding the wrong bus.

yup, it's line 6. There's about three different transits that pass by. Make sure to ask if it's heading toward the CSU.It's simple, but a lot of people make the mistake of boarding the wrong bus.

Oh ok cool, yeah I wont have a problem getting there then. It's just a matter of finding the room. Never been on CalState's campus lol.

Hmmm, does Thursday work for you? If so, what's a good time to meet up for casuals?

Oh ok cool, yeah I wont have a problem getting there then. It's just a matter of finding the room. Never been on CalState's campus lol.

Hmmm, does Thursday work for you? If so, what's a good time to meet up for casuals?

Sorry for not giving you an immediate response, but Thursday in the early afternoon onwards would be good. HOWEVER, I've haven't gotten the go on using the Xbox setup yet. If I don't get a response by tomorrow, it's better to wait and go to Xie's or for next week around the same time (assuming that I get the ok on Thursday night).If you do go, stuff to bring would be a drive that has the xbox data for the cs2 patch and an extra controller, assuming the buttons are too flat to use.

Sorry for not giving you an immediate response, but Thursday in the early afternoon onwards would be good. HOWEVER, I've haven't gotten the go on using the Xbox setup yet. If I don't get a response by tomorrow, it's better to wait and go to Xie's or for next week around the same time (assuming that I get the ok on Thursday night).If you do go, stuff to bring would be a drive that has the xbox data for the cs2 patch and an extra controller, assuming the buttons are too flat to use.

Alright, well you can PM about whether or not you get word about using the Xbox. I also have somewhere I need to be early in the afternoon (like about 1-2pm). Afterwards I can head on over to the campus. If things dont workout, we can always try again next week.

Sign in to follow this