Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

Question for all of you that play this game. Would you go to BB bi-weeklies/ranbats/etc. if it was at a venue like Super Arcade. And would you go if it had support, and show up on not tournament days to support the game? Just a quick show of hands and what not.

Yeah sure. It would be nice if an arcade venue that isn't FFA did ranbats/casuals/tournaments.

I can't go to Xie's. I have other things to do on Saturdays from 2 pm to 7pm. Usually I go to Super Arcade before 1 pm or after 6 pm, since that's when I'm free.

Fridays at Super Arcade is a problem for me. My parents work until 5:30, then I go somewhere at 7:30.

Sundays, I'm only free after 1 pm.

I would really like to do something at Super Arcade. I haven't had a human opponent in months.

I'd love to be able to go to Super Arcade other than Fridays to play. Ranbats would be fun and I'd praticipate. People who used to go to A.I. need a new place to play BB!!

Anyone wanna go to Super Arcade today? Maybe in a couple hours?

there any other days you can make it to super? mondays or tuesdays at night?

Can't. Probably Saturdays or Sundays. I'm busy with homework on weekdays.

How busy is super arcade on sunday afternoons? are there usually people on the ps3?

How busy is super arcade on sunday afternoons? are there usually people on the ps3?

They have a PS3? Anyways, it's not very crowded on Sunday afternoons. There'll probably be less than 10 people there and they'll all be playing Street Fighter.

They have a PS3? Anyways, it's not very crowded on Sunday afternoons. There'll probably be less than 10 people there and they'll all be playing Street Fighter.

i'll be heading to super arcade at around 2:00pm today

I'm starting back up my FFA airdasher casuals if any of you are in the area.

We're getting together from about 8:30-11:30 on Thursday and Friday nights at Family Fun Arcade (10363 Balboa Blvd, Granada Hills CA 91344).

Games include the main airdashers. We've got:

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core for Arcade (with a PS2 port)

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.05 for Arcade (updating to 1.07 very soon)

I also bring in my PS3 for BlazBlue and Arcana Heart.

I've installed a VGA and audio (R&W) output from the Melty Blood cab so we can record and stream (working on Guilty Gear next).

I've also been running bi-weekly airdasher tournaments at the arcade (next one on Nov 27), and we'll be having an airdasher major (West Toast XV) on Jan 21st & 22nd.

So yeah, see you guys there.

I'm starting back up my FFA airdasher casuals if any of you are in the area.

We're getting together from about 8:30-11:30 on Thursday and Friday nights at Family Fun Arcade (10363 Balboa Blvd, Granada Hills CA 91344).

Games include the main airdashers. We've got:

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core for Arcade (with a PS2 port)

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.05 for Arcade (updating to 1.07 very soon)

I also bring in my PS3 for BlazBlue and Arcana Heart.

I've installed a VGA and audio (R&W) output from the Melty Blood cab so we can record and stream (working on Guilty Gear next).

I've also been running bi-weekly airdasher tournaments at the arcade (next one on Nov 27), and we'll be having an airdasher major (West Toast XV) on Jan 21st & 22nd.

So yeah, see you guys there.

Can't go. I'm south of LA.

But uh, what's this West Toast you speak of? Is it similar to these Burnt Toast tournaments I've heard of?

Can't go. I'm south of LA.

But uh, what's this West Toast you speak of? Is it similar to these Burnt Toast tournaments I've heard of?

Burnt Toast was a shoot-off of West Toast (sort of).

West Toast was founded by Arlieth from MeltyBread.com, the Melty Blood equivalent of DustLoop. It's essentially an airdasher major; Melty Blood used to be the focal point, but now it's Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and Arcana Heart. We'll also be hosting side tournaments for a lot of other games (Hokuto no Ken, Vampire Savior, Immaterial and Missing Power, etc.). West Toast kind of died off 2 years ago, and I held the first revival of them the weekend before EVO2k11.

I don't have the thread for the full tournament just yet, but I started a pre-tournament discussion.

The last West Toast we held had people from Arizona and Norcal come, so it was pretty cool. I'm hoping to have the next one even bigger.

Edited by Id_asz

Friday night was epic! Great games everybody. Good to see a bunch of the old crew back! (Seungpyo, OMG!!)

I'll be there tonight, along with a bunch of Melty Blood players. We did some MB recording last time, we might do it again this time.

Sign in to follow this