Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

FFA on Friday! There will be GG and MB and AH and BB oh my!

We'll at least be recording MB.

I'm pretty new here. I live in the OC area, are there any places around me where I can find a concrete Blazblue scene or actual tourneys? I don't even know where to start in the 123 pages of stuff...

:0 Not sure if UCIrvine still has BB things going on. Other than that, SoCalRegionals are coming up! That'd be a great place for you to meet people and get to know where people are coming from :]

I'm pretty new here. I live in the OC area, are there any places around me where I can find a concrete Blazblue scene or actual tourneys? I don't even know where to start in the 123 pages of stuff...

What part of the OC?

I just got Melty Blood's v1.07 patch and I'll be having an "install party" at FFA Thursday (tomorrow) at 7:30pm!

I just got Melty Blood's v1.07 patch and I'll be having an "install party" at FFA Thursday (tomorrow) at 7:30pm!

Hmm like an hour drive... Plus i really suck at Melty Blood.

I'd have visited tonight if it wasn't for Beginner Mode :<

Oh yeah, Danisen tournament this Saturday 12/10.

Now's the time to get better w/ the new 1.07! Huzzah!

I also run bi-weekly tournaments for airdashers there every other Sunday if you're interested in the hour drive, Luikaka.

I could attend one of these Sundays, especially because school is out.

Now it would be a better if i could find someone to tag along with me.

:0 Not sure if UCIrvine still has BB things going on. Other than that, SoCalRegionals are coming up! That'd be a great place for you to meet people and get to know where people are coming from :]

Thanks! I probably will

@ Luikaka, I live in Huntington Beach if that helps, and Im hoping to drive no more than 45 minutes :P

If you put that game in during a UCI FG session pulsr sits on the station and beats you up until you cry.

Speaking of things at UCI, I went to the "Fighting Gamers @ UCI" thing tonight. One thing I noticed was that even with several setups and a stream station, there was still a decent amount of room for more. They're planning to have another one on Thursday and I'm going to see if I can bring a console setup.

So the question to all of you in the neighborhood for SCR is, if they let me bring a setup for BB, would you guys show up and play? The event I went to tonight was supposed to run from 5:30 to 11:30 PM. I've still gotta check to see if they'd be down with it, but I think it would be nice to have a pre-SCR warmup.

That is unless people already have something planned, and I don't know about it because sadlife.

I usually go to the UCI things, but I'm also interested in going to other socal events while im back in cali. see you guys soon

For those of you who haven't heard, FFA's GG board broke down, and it's not an easy fix. I will let you all know when it's back up and running. Until then, I've installed GGX2 in that cabinet.

I will still be coming every Friday night for casuals (but I can't make it on the 23rd because of Christmas family stuff). I've been practicing a lot of the new Melty Blood, and would love to get more games in of that. My copy of BBCSX for PS3 is in the mail and when I get it I'll be bringing that as well.

Time for the 3rd Annual New Year's Eve Free Play Bash at FFA!

On Saturday, New Year's Eve, all games at the arcade will be on FREE PLAY! It's just our way of saying thanks to the community who's supported us over the years.

Hope to see you there!

Address:

Family Fun Arcade

10363 Balboa Blvd.

Granada Hills, CA 91344

(818) 360-0419

No more accent core?

We're working on it. Our board died and we need to replace the main motherboard. However it's more complicated than that, because only specific verions of the Naomi2 motherboard work. We've got spare Naomi2 boards, but none of them I've tried work. We're going to try and splice together the old non-working version with a new one and see if that works.

I don't know when it will work though, I can't even give a time estimate, sorry.

Yooo SoCal! Happy New Years to all you lurkers and people who show up! Make it a resolution this year to come out and attend stuff! :D Hope to see more new and old faces in the fighting game scene!

FFA tournament this Sunday. I am offering rides in exchange for gas money. My car seats 4 unless some miracle happens and I can borrow a bigger car. I am also trying to get more rides for people. Come support your game so people will stop saying it's dead.

I'll see everybody there this Friday for casuals! I'm bringing my copy of CSX, and we'll be recording videos of MBCC!

Sign in to follow this