Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

I guess i should hold one soon! Let me find a good date :]

Oh baby, I'm hype.

What is Sanoshi-con? O_o

Its just us hanging out at Sanoshi's apartment playing BB, GG, and Skullgirls, usually till the wee hours of the morning and alcohol is usually involved. Its fun.

Also damn, you're gonna be all over the place aren't you? That's pretty cool.

Its just us hanging out at Sanoshi's apartment playing BB, GG, and Skullgirls, usually till the wee hours of the morning and alcohol is usually involved. Its fun.

Also damn, you're gonna be all over the place aren't you? That's pretty cool.

Lol, I really enjoy driving, and Cali seems to have (respectively) larger scenes than Florida does. That in combination with the fact that I'll be stuck in the desert during the week makes me more than willing to drive all over the fucking place on the weekends. I'm super hyped to be moving to Cali because of all the shit to do there, and the last 2 summers I was out there for my internships I took trips to SF and checked out the other areas of Cali as well. I'm moving because I'm graduating and have a job lined up at Edwards.

Thankfully the end of school means the end of "fuck you" assignments where I have shit planned and school decides otherwise.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not a big drinker, but that generally doesn't stop me from having fun with others who are. :P

Do you guys play a lot of BlazBlue or are you mostly GG players?

Our casuals are most active in order of:

1. Guilty Gear

2. Melty Blood

3. SkullGirls

4. BlazBlue

5. Arcana Heart 3

6. Doujin fighters

I would love for us to pick up more BlazBlue players. We just re-installed the arcade version of BlazBlue, and it would be great to get more players in general.

If you want help learning GG, everyone there would be glad to help.

I would love for us to pick up more BlazBlue players. We just re-installed the arcade version of BlazBlue, and it would be great to get more players in general.

If you want help learning GG, everyone there would be glad to help.

Did you just say arcade version of BlazBlue? Meaning a cab? I would totally play the shit out of that once I get there.

BlazBlue is really my first introduction to the fighting game genre. I played other fighters before it, but I didn't really learn how to play fighters until I decided to take BB seriously. I want to learn other games, but BB will definitely be my most-played for a long while.

Do there happen to be any Chipp or Ky players in your scene? I really want to learn Chipp, but I'd also love to pick up Ky. I've read about the GG game mechanics and I have older versions of the game (but no CRTs so no playing for me :( ). I feel it would be best to learn from other people with experience playing the game though; with BlazBlue, I didn't really start getting better until I played good players and asked for advice.

I'd also like to pick up Melty. The game has always looked fun, but I've never played it. I also own Arcana Heart 3 but I'm terrible at it and don't really understand the game mechanics.

SLEDGE is a great Chipp player, and he's usually there on Fridays. Our arcade cabinet is CS1, but we bring in CSX for PS3 on Fridays. There's always top notch players for Guilty Gear, and we's all be happy to teach anybody.

Hope to see you at our meets soon!

Well, as soon as a couple months can be. :P But I'll definitely be showing up after I move.

See you guys later tonight for casuals. I'll be bringing SkullGirls, BlazBlue Extend, and Arcana Heart 3!

For all of you in Cali who no doubt don't pay any attention to the San Diego thread, I'm reposting this here for you:

We are having our first actual Blazblue tournament this Friday, May 4th. As demonstrated by our Stylish Unlimited tournament we had last time for shits and giggles, we now have enough people to run a reasonably sized bracket (15ish), so now we are going to actually have a legit tournament with cash on the line.

Rules are standard fare:

- $5 entry fee

- Pot is split 70/20/10

- Best 2 out of 3 games

- Grand Finals best 3 out of 5 games

- Double elimination

- Winner must keep character, loser can change

- No Unlimited or Stylish this time (sorry guys)

Registrations start when we all show up there, which is usually at 7PM, tournament will start at 8PM.

Venue: Frubble‎

9628 Carlton Hills Boulevard

Santee, CA 92071

http://g.co/maps/jh9rc

If any of you can, I implore you to please make it out and support the SD scene.

Hey guys, I'll be moving into the Lancaster/Palmdale area this July. What's in the area (1-2 hour drive) as far as BlazBlue casuals, arcades, and similar things?

Whoa, yay, someone else in the Lancaster area, I'm out here in Quartz hill, In Quartz hill.

Edited by Dr.Patient

Oh I stayed in quartz hill last summer during my internship. That was unfortunately before I realized there were scenes for blazeblue. I just graduated, so now I'm looking into places to live. Unfortunately I really don't want to give up FiOS, so I'm having a tough time finding a suitable place where FiOS is offered.

Reminding Socal that stuff is going down Sat!

1st one is Rebel Up! At Super Arcade in Walnut! Hosted by Xie, it'll be a ranking battle along with the special event: "INVINCIBLE UNDEFEATED GOD OF RAGNA". Also a Skullgirls tournament will be ran by JasonD.

2nd is a large gathering event at The University of Riverside, put together by IEBattlegrounds and Arcade Revival. We'll have 8+ setups of variety of fightings like MvC3, Skullgirls, Guilty Gear, etc. No venue fee and possible $1 tourney for (most likely) a capcom game. I"ll be there doing the anime side of things :p (And SG!)

Hope some of you can make it out to these events this Saturday!

I'm probably gonna host this weekend since TheBiter and co are playing Diablo, lol.

If you wanna come let me know.

I'll be down as always :3

and as always, small chance of me getting fucked cause of parents! yeaaaa

Alright Jameschariot is gonna be on Sunday, let's say 3PM to like 10PM. If you want to come, just let me know.

Im from Palmdale! :P

Ay get at me then, we should play some offline or something, I also think I've played you few times online on BB

Edited by Dr.Patient

SoCals GG and BB fiends get together at SanoCon for an all night drunk fest!

It'll be on and off, but more or less, just games. Drinking will probably happen around 9:30 - 10pm. For sure we'll be live the whole night then :]

http://www.twitch.tv/phaethonh

Bring melty down to 25c at ffa. I can't assist in breeding angry melty players when the game is the same price as sf4. (50c).

Also, guilty beer. Its delicious.

ggs to everyone i played yesterday at james chariot, had fun. I'll try to be better next time D:

Sign in to follow this