Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

Hey guys, how's it going? I'm a Blazblue player from the Kansas City area, currently on vacation and visiting my parents in San Diego (Vista). Looks like I'll be able to make it to an arcade in the LA area sometime Saturday, and was wondering what arcades had CS:EX cabinets. Is it true that Super Arcade has one? Do people even play on Saturdays or are most going to UFGT? Thanks!

san diego has meetups tuesday and friday nights at frubble if you're interested

Far as I know, there are no Extend cabs in the US at all. Super Arcade has a CS1 cab. James Xie hosts Rebel up at Super Arcade biweekly on Saturdays. This coming Saturday is going to have a session, so if you wanna come out and mash Extend, that would be a great time to do so.

As Shtkn has mentioned, we also have tournaments and casuals at Frubble in Santee near SD on Friday nights. It'd be great if you could make it there.

thanks for the info! Unfortunately I am visiting other family in the LA area on Friday and Saturday so I'll miss the stuff going on at Frubble on Friday night, but hopefully I'll be able to catch the Rebel Up event on Saturday.

Just signed my lease for a house in Lancaster. I'll be in the area before July 2nd. Is anyone else daytripping to Evo?

Anyone want to practice for EVO in the coming weeks? Gotta aim for that SoCal top8!

i'm down, just not this coming weekend (unless you're willing to drive down)

Do people play stuff in Santa Barbara? I'm here for summer, maybe longer

Yo, yo, yo, it's Jo! Wanna post up some EVO business. Umm, right now I have a room with two beds and we only have 3 people staying (Me and 2 others) so having an extra person to split costs would be a great idea. We're arriving on Thursday and checking out Monday morning, so if you decide to only stay like, Friday through Sunday then we can arrange costs to fit your needs! Post if you're interested or shoot me a PM. See you guys at EVO!

EDIT: Found someone to join us. See you in 2-ish weeks!

Edited by Jo

hey just posting in here to say that round 1 usa has BBCS 2 Ver 1.1 for 2 credits/ .50cents, shin koihime gusou for 3 credits/ .75cents and Chaos Code for 3 credits/ .75 cents

https://twitter.com/#!/M8trixMatt/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FYLuYMbf4 for blazblue

https://twitter.com/#!/M8trixMatt/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FfZGDrl5O for Chaos code

https://twitter.com/#!/M8trixMatt/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FboJ52ot8 for shin koihime

hope to see you guys there

Where is this place?

Also, I should be arriving in Lancaster on Wednesday night. Where do you guys have casuals at?

Jyosua, usually we have casuals/tournaments at Super Arcade every other Saturday. Super Arcade is located right next to Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, where the 60 and 57 freeways meet. These start at 2-3PM and usually go till 12 or whenever everyone decides to leave.

Problem is, nothing is going to be happening for two weeks. This weekend is Anime Expo, which just about everybody is going to, and the weekend after that is Evo so we'll all be out of town. After Evo, the events at Super Arcade should resume though. Hope to see you there!

Ahhhhh okay, so the ranbats are the casuals. I'll be going to EVO saturday, so if any of you are there, I'll see you there.

I've never been to AX before let alone California. Flying in from IL later this afternoon. Anyone want to meet up and show me around?

I'm jealous that you can go. I'm busy moving. :(

are you here already? weather here is gorgeous. glad i got away from chicagos 100+ weather plus humidity. badge equipped amd cant wait for tomorrow.

Yeah, currently unloading the moving truck. Weather is a bit hotter in the desert, but it's still not bad.

Sign in to follow this