Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

Is anyone living in torrance possibly have one guy staying over 11/1, 11/2, or both night?

I have to be in there for meeting but haven't figured out where to stay.

(Got cancelled from one I was gonna stay with.)

I can play GG, P4A, and maybe BB?(it's been quite a while since I played this last time)

But yeah, if you can or know anyone, please let me know. It'll be very helpful.

IF.....and a big "IF". if there was a chance to get guilty gear XX accent core plus R for the arcade. would people come out and actually play it. i'm not saying it's possible or anything like that i'm just asking if people would.

Hells yeah I would. I like Round 1 as it is, just seems like more of an excuse to go.

Winter break is coming. Is there going to be another gathering by Sanoshi anytime soon? I've been meaning to play you guys from Riverside for some time now. :)

Hi all just got back from getting my butt handed to me at The Runback for a 6 man tourney haha. I'm sick of sucking so I'm thinking of hosting casuals to cater to my West LA folk, like Santa Monica, Ucla, Culver City etc. Any interest?

Ok so I've got a car now... Lol and with the new gg out, I'm definitely back in. I'm always down and looking for ppl to play, I live over by pasadena in the sgv. Strawberry, let me know about casuals you throw, i'd be down.

good shit to everyone who came out and played at FFA yesterday. I couldn't make the tournament but it was crazy to see small lines for GG most of the night, and a lot of good games were had.

Anyone know of places near Huntington Beach within walking distance? Walking distance being 3 hours and under. :|

I saw a local news story about the closing of FFA on NBC. I'm sure a lot of us have already moved on but it sure was nice seeing the place get some recognition from the local community.

Anyone know of places near Huntington Beach within walking distance? Walking distance being 3 hours and under. :|

Not that I know of, honestly. The only places that have Gear/BB are Japan Arcade (in Little Tokyo), CalPoly Pomona and Round 1 in the City of Industry. There are a bunch of anime guys in the OC, however, so try to meet with them and work out possible rides to and from.

Also, it's still kind of far but UC Irvine has been running weekly game nights on Tuesday and has had Persona as a rotating game

Woah, never thought Id see another person from HB. Reading above, Im definitely planning to go to UCI's weekly tourneys, I needa start getting offline play. Theres also SCR coming up of course

Woah, never thought Id see another person from HB. Reading above, Im definitely planning to go to UCI's weekly tourneys, I needa start getting offline play. Theres also SCR coming up of course

There's a UCI gaming group on Facebook you might check out to make sure they will have P4 setups, as the gaming nights are largely dominated by Marvel. But there is normally at least one or two Persona setups as well. They have also been running ranbats every month or so for the game. I posted something in the FB group to see if maybe somebody would come here and talk about it, we'll see what happens.

EDIT:

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, go have your opinion heard about hookups at Super Arcade:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15624-Rebel-Up-X-Super-Arcade-2013-Edition-%28Next-Saturday-or-Sunday-%29

Hello all,

Saw SuperFX's post so I'd thought I'd drop a line. Everyone is welcome by to FG@UCI Fighting Gamers @ UCI

Unfortunately, competition for these fighters have waned over time, although people still claim to want to play and have interest. I try to put up a GG setup almost every week, but I'm pretty much just in training mode. P4A interest has declined and the people that want to play never show up. A friend and I have gotten Chaos Code, but no one has even heard of it. I'm always willing to put a station up if people are willing to play. But the problem it seems is not setups, its competition. So you're welcome to drop by but I cannot guarantee you the competition. Usually people will check out our event page every week to get a headcount of who wants to play what game and gauge interest.

If you have any questions or suggestions, drop me a msg here or on fb.

Hello all,

Saw SuperFX's post so I'd thought I'd drop a line. Everyone is welcome by to FG@UCI Fighting Gamers @ UCI

Unfortunately, competition for these fighters have waned over time, although people still claim to want to play and have interest. I try to put up a GG setup almost every week, but I'm pretty much just in training mode. P4A interest has declined and the people that want to play never show up

yo man, thanks for dropping in. If you're always bringing a GG setup, Sanchez and I might start showing up to get some games.

yo man, thanks for dropping in. If you're always bringing a GG setup, Sanchez and I might start showing up to get some games.

I'm not very good at the game, but I'm always down to play GG. Its a game I'd like to get better in, but opponents are always scarce. If you guys dropped by, I would definitely kick people off my station just to set it up, lol.

I'll prolly have Chaos Code up for a bit this upcoming session, then switch it out to GG.

Same here. HB is the last place I would think to find anybody to play with. lol

I'd be down to play some games but I don't even know where to go to do that.

I'll try to see if I could go to UCI weeklys, but I would need a ride. :(

Edited by Groucho

Hey, there's a gaming event in San Diego on March 24, Spring Showdown at Saltmines with a P4A tournament (if there's enough entries). We would like for some of you come down for this. For more info go here:

http://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoFgc?ref=stream

http://www.sandiegofgc.com/rules

Well, after about 3 years of absence to finish college and get a job, I'm playing GG again. Anyone around the La Jolla/UCSD region? I know of a few, but I don't know how active they are and would like a headcount of who's around.

Sign in to follow this