Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

sorry to anyone who got to Super later tonight to play GG; I heard that there were setups early but they got taken over as TRB started. I know Final Strike is tomorrow (Fri), but what would people say to showing up on Fridays starting next week instead of Thursday? Might my things a bit easier with no tournaments being run on that day.

Lemme know

Fridays seem like a better idea. I might show up once in awhile. Can't really go to super twice in one week right now.

yeah, this is an issue I was worried about in the first place. However, given the choice of Friday or only a possibility of hookup I think it's the better choice

Judging by the recent TRB turnouts, Friday seems to be the best course of action. I'm all for whatever day allows us to get more games in without interfering/ being dependent on tourney stations.

Fridays sound much better. Today is Sanoshi's thing out in riverside, I think we'll be streaming GG.

Edit: I won't be at Superarcade this friday, since it conflicts with darryl's "guilty beer" thing at uci.

Edited by blitz

Edit: I won't be at Superarcade this friday, since it conflicts with darryl's "guilty beer" thing at uci.

What are the details on this? Dunno if I can make it but maybe others can.

I was at the Japan Arcade the other day and on the Guilty cab there was a piece of paper taped on that said something about Dustloop. So I began to wonder, how often do you SoCal players go there? Also what is the most likely day to get in some vs time against the local players there?

I was at the Japan Arcade the other day and on the Guilty cab there was a piece of paper taped on that said something about Dustloop. So I began to wonder, how often do you SoCal players go there? Also what is the most likely day to get in some vs time against the local players there?

There's a good sol player and a I-no player that shows up on Friday nights sometimes. One of the workers there has a strong baiken and is also there Friday nights. There are a few other players but they are all relatively new to the game.

Also, there's gonna be a GG tourney tomorrow so there should be a fair amount of ppl there.

Edited by KFL-

while some people do go to JA from time to time, there are some like myself who refuse to patronize the arcade because of the owner's business practices.

People have also been playing at Super Arcade on Friday nights, as well as sometimes on Thursday

Hello there! My name is Sami Nash, or Samifish, and my favorite game is Guilty Gear.

I started this thread to have a start place for people who want to play Guilty Gear in So Cal. I know that there is a lot of people who are looking to play Guilty Gear on a consistent basis or pick up/try Guilty Gear, so hopefully this thread can help you with any questions you may have regarding Guilty Gear in the So Cal scene.

The problem with Guilty Gear in So Cal is the lack of a "hub", or a general idea of a place and time where people would get together. I am here to get working on getting things organized for people so that the is no confusion on when and where you can find Guilty Gear.

We are looking to have Guilty Gear to be a part of The Runback line up at Super Arcade in Walnut, California. I have talked to Watson and he is considering it, but we need to make sure that he knows people are interested! So if you can, it would be great if you can come out and help support this scene!

I will be bring a set-up every Thursday I can, and hopefully I can find a way to leave a copy of Guilty Gear at Super Arcade when I cannot make it. But regardless, I will be working hard to help this scene grow, and maybe we can even get this beautiful game into Evolution 2014!

If you have any other questions regarding the scene, the game, or anything pertaining to the subject, you can leave a question here and Ill get back to you as soon as possible, or you can just send it to @1KSamifish (my personal twitter) or @SoCalGuiltyGear (dedicated to the expansion of the Guilty Gear scene in So Cal).

I hope to share my favorite game with more friendly faces soon.

UPDATE- Watson (of Super Arcade) has been helping me establish a Guilty Gear scene at Super Arcade. Through continuous effort and strong persistence, it seems like were breaking through, and hopefully we can make Guilty Gear a weekly.

post-33283-139515175424_thumb.jpg

This is in direct response to our efforts!! I urge you to join us in our endeavor to make Guilty Gear a staple at Super Arcade and in So-Cal in general. Ill be there next Thursday (around 10ish bc of work) so come join me and lets get some Guilty Gear on!

Edited by Samifish

Hello my name is Ean,

I'm trying to level up in Guilty Gear and am playing as much offline as possible. I'm down to travel nearly anywhere in SoCal for the grind. If you want to practice then hit me up plz. I go to Super Arcade (japan arcade when their machine is not broken) alot, and also train with RS and Wingz in DTLA/Glendale respectively. As a newer player I'm down to train with anyone who sincerely wants to get better and catalyze our scene.

I moved from the LA area nearby the Fresno area, mainly Visalia. Is there any players out here who plays animu? :V

I moved from the LA area nearby the Fresno area, mainly Visalia. Is there any players out here who plays animu? :V

This is Travell right? I'm from the Central Cali area and they have a FGC that plays most fighting games. Here is a link to their main event organiser, just ask questions and they'll help you out. They usually have tournaments/casuals every friday in the fresno area. I'm pretty sure they can get you connected to Visalia players too.

https://www.facebook.com/fgcalphacounter

-Raises hand- I'm looking for some Chrono Phantasma or Extend if anyone wants to play a Rachel player. I'm not very good, but I'm always looking to improve vs any and every type of characters. -nods-

I forgot to mention that I was in North Hills ,California (moved here from Little Rock). If anyone is in the area, let's go head to head. Netplay matches aren't helping me improve at all. (especially tonight) Looking for people of any skill level.

Edited by ShadowClawBKR

anyone here down for some casual vs or otherwise shoot me an add on PSN play more actively AE, and UMvC3 but recently picked up Chronophantasma (shooting u an add shadow) but i basically got all fighting games out right now. staying in Riverside county at the moment but originally from orange county.

Sign in to follow this