Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

Good games to everyone I played at ax this weekend. I was the pink may player. Damn u pulsr always beating me first round. I think we are destined to play each first round in any tourney we enter.

Posting from frees phone. Good games to everyone I played at anime expo! I had lots of fun and thank all of you guys for the support and cheers! Special thanks to darkhonor for the tip, I'll definitely work on my mix up game. All of you guys really brought up my confidence. See you at evo in a few weeks!

It was nice meeting all of you. I had a lot of fun. Hopefully I can start being active in the community soon.

-Rei

:yaaay: hey i remember you from AX,whats up? it says you live in Irvine...and there are a few people that play guilty gear in Irvine also, that are quite good.

too bad i couldn't get a picture of Sano's 40 win streak at AX....Sano quit beasting so hord!

Hey guys,

I'm from Hollywood and just got BlazBlue. I also play SFIV and SCIV casually and bought GG Accent Core Plus for the Wii...this got me back into the fighter and that brought me to BB.

I've been reading this site for a couple weeks already and it's been helping me learn a lot. :)

Sooo....hello!

:yaaay: hey i remember you from AX,whats up? it says you live in Irvine...and there are a few people that play guilty gear in Irvine also, that are quite good.

I had fun playing and speaking to you and your friend. I'm hoping to meet/play the Irvine players soon. My only problem is I have no car and I don't own a stick. :vbang:

I had fun playing and speaking to you and your friend. I'm hoping to meet/play the Irvine players soon. My only problem is I have no car and I don't own a stick. :vbang:
i met alot of different people at AX...are you the one that plays #reload online?

i was the blue slayer/jam player. i was the melee player that felt like trying out new fighters. i have played melty blood online, but your friend did mention #reload online. i will go search for it.

Oh wtf, I barely saw the quote from me talking about not going to Devastation, lol. I'm pretty sure that on the week of Devastation, I heard it would be possible for me to go-- so I went. Pretty last minute. It certainly wasn't planned out like.. EVO or anything. My bad guys. You recorded that match? I barely remember playing it.

Yo yo yo! I just recently got into GG. My friend let me have his GGXXAC PS2 copy after winning 1st place in the Halo 3 tournament @ AX. And for me, well I was in Group B SFIV and lost in 2nd round :[. Don't think some of you guys here were there during the tournament or perhaps even remember. I was a Balrog player, asian guy who wears glasses with short hair(really descriptive haha!) and was playing an Abel for my 1st match on the main screen.

I have quite a few questions about this game as I'm reading up guides for my character and am sort of confused on exactly how stuff works in this game. I did read the guide for like the notations, definitions, terms, etc.

Dizzy is my character and I'm currently looking at her combos thread.

I read over what FRC was about for a few times now and I'm not entirely sure on what it is nor how to perform it.

FRC dash f.S (4 hits) 2H 236H, not entirely sure how to execute this combo. :[

Not sure whether if FRC and RC are almost the same. Is RC basically like the focus cancel in SFIV?

Might be a ridiculous question as well to ask but do you guys use a stick or the ps2 controller?

Yo yo yo! I just recently got into GG. My friend let me have his GGXXAC PS2 copy after winning 1st place in the Halo 3 tournament @ AX. And for me, well I was in Group B SFIV and lost in 2nd round :[. Don't think some of you guys here were there during the tournament or perhaps even remember. I was a Balrog player, asian guy who wears glasses with short hair(really descriptive haha!) and was playing an Abel for my 1st match on the main screen.

I have quite a few questions about this game as I'm reading up guides for my character and am sort of confused on exactly how stuff works in this game. I did read the guide for like the notations, definitions, terms, etc.

I read over what FRC was about for a few times now and I'm not entirely sure on what it is nor how to perform it.

Not sure whether if FRC and RC are almost the same. Is RC basically like the focus cancel in SFIV?

Might be a ridiculous question as well to ask but do you guys use a stick or the ps2 controller?

Hey, I live in the LA area too. I play on console mainly, if you want a sparring partner or something I could bring some of my friends too.

-FRC is a (blue) RC that allows you to cancel a special attack at a certain point in its animation. And while it is similar to focus cancelling in SF4, on a technical side it's quite different. If you go into training mode and turn on input display, when you perform a move that is FRC'able, you will see the input bar flash blue where the FRC point(s) are during the special attack.

-Not sure what the FRC in that combo you mention follows (probably a 2H or Ice Spike? I dunno, pulling out of my ass), but whatever it is you do before it, immediately hit 66 right after you FRC, then perform the rest of the combo. "f.S" refers to "far slash" as opposed to "close slash" or "c.S" because Dizzy has two variants of the same move. Her far slash will hit multiple times, and on the 4th hit of it, cancel into 2H, then cancel the 2H into Ice Spike (236H). If you did everything correctly, the combo should list 7+ hits (depending how many preceeded the FRC).

-Almost all of us use stick. There are still some pad players, like Free here or Psyblade. The are a lot of advantages to using stick, but that isn't to say you can't become good by using a pad all the way. Just a few perks: the ability to play at any arcade, cleaner execution of moves, the ability to negative edge, and the availability to option select with your moves of choice (some people option select with like...K and HS...good luck with that on pad.) It's a good habit to get into if you can afford it.

Hit any of us up sometime if you want to come to our gatherings (or just to play with a few of us).

too bad i couldn't get a picture of Sano's 40 win streak at AX....Sano quit beasting so hord!

Damnit Free, I wish I coulda gone with you guys... did Sano really get a 40 win streak? :o thats awesome! go Sano!!

Oh so I just recently picked up BB. if you guys want to train me I guess since I'm fairly new now @ BB. My gamertag is on the side. Ajinkris, where in LA are you? I live in the SFV, in this little place called Winnetka. I will continue to play GGXXAC as well though.

I guess I'm a bit overwhelmed by a lot of things BB has maybe because now I have a visual look @ what the game mechanics are due to the dvd they included in the limited edition. But compared to GG, GG has more than what BB has. From what I heard from a handful of people, they say BB is a lot easier to pick up then GG right?

@sekihoutai: Yo dude! I remember you! :] When you get #R online let me know! Get a few matches in! Stop by the chatspike, #reloadonline irc, i'm there all the time :]

@fadoog: XD LOL Yeah but shit, Free could have easily gotten his ass in there and taken it. I felt a bit bad ;[ You better come to AX and Evo next year!

Oh so I just recently picked up BB. if you guys want to train me I guess since I'm fairly new now @ BB. My gamertag is on the side. Ajinkris, where in LA are you? I live in the SFV, in this little place called Winnetka. I will continue to play GGXXAC as well though.

I guess I'm a bit overwhelmed by a lot of things BB has maybe because now I have a visual look @ what the game mechanics are due to the dvd they included in the limited edition. But compared to GG, GG has more than what BB has. From what I heard from a handful of people, they say BB is a lot easier to pick up then GG right?

I don't really play a lot of BB, but I know enough to at least mess around.

I actually don't live in LA, I live in Orange. If you're willing to drive down here or if we could meet at a half-way point that would be ideal.

BB is a hundred times easier to pick up than GG. I've been playing GG seriously for just over a year, and I can say that I've reached "average" in America, meaning I'm still "pretty terrible" in Japan. I would say for you to learn whichever game is more fun for you, but the difference in skill requirement between BB and GG is laughable. You'll get a lot more out of GG, even if it takes you a helluva lot longer to master.

Is there any players down for some casuals in socal area? I live in the 626 area and i have 3 other friends that are good competition. We can host and I have one ps2 stick you could use if you dont smash it.

zappastick.jpg

Holla at me

I'm down to play GG whenever. I have class most the time, but late weeknights and some weekends I'll be available to play for a few hours. Johnova you already have my # lol, so hit me up.

Hey guys, I'm from the irvine area. Looking to get better at BB. If you guys do any gatherings for casuals, please let me know. I'd like to join in and get better.

Sign in to follow this