Sign in to follow this  
TGS

California Love: The SoCali Thread

I go to UC Irvine. Does anyone live in Irvine or reasonably close to it? I haven't had real GG competition in so long. :(

dude, i live in irvine (northwood area) which is about 20 minutes away from uci on side streets (literally just take culver all the way past the 405 and the 5, and you are at my place) :grin:

If you have the tools (PS2 + #R), I'd be willing to go down to there for a few games :china:

SRK's down. Anyone have the complete info for the upcoming tourney on November 12?

SRK is mighty down. Been down for like, 4 or 5 days now. I really don't have any of the info on the tourney that's going down at Walnut. :/ I had the directions, but I don't anymore.

..So how about that.. uh.. ...stuff.

dude, i live in irvine (northwood area) which is about 20 minutes away from uci on side streets (literally just take culver all the way past the 405 and the 5, and you are at my place) :grin:

If you have the tools (PS2 + #R), I'd be willing to go down to there for a few games :china:

Ack, sorry for not noticing earlier. So you'd be willing to come down here? Well, I have a PS2 but XX and not #R. *shrug* But I do have #R on my PC. :blink:

I'm heading to the Walnut tourney next week. Who's down for some MvC2, 3S, Tekken 5, or CvS2 casuals? Heh...

Hey guys, I just started playing ggxx, anyone want to help a noob out?

I tread around camelot (though that place is nearly abandoned now) but I'm willing to go anywhere to learn this stuff. I live on Katella so I'm pretty up for anything in the OC/LA/Riverside area.

Hit me up on aim plz!

Hey guys, I just started playing ggxx, anyone want to help a noob out?

I tread around camelot (though that place is nearly abandoned now) but I'm willing to go anywhere to learn this stuff. I live on Katella so I'm pretty up for anything in the OC/LA/Riverside area.

Hit me up on aim plz!

I really need some competition not just for GG but for other fighting games as well. UCI area is Super Smash Bros. Melee land. It's the only fighting game that people play around here. They're so attached to it that I've labeled it "the SSBM or nothing mentality." One extreme case was that a guy didn't even know what Street Fighter was. :roll: But oh hell, a guy in one of my classes was playing Melty Blood on his laptop. That was a really big deal considering that it was another fighting game (hell, a doujin game at that) besides SSBM.

I really need some competition not just for GG but for other fighting games as well. UCI area is Super Smash Bros. Melee land. It's the only fighting game that people play around here. They're so attached to it that I've labeled it "the SSBM or nothing mentality." One extreme case was that a guy didn't even know what Street Fighter was. :roll: But oh hell, a guy in one of my classes was playing Melty Blood on his laptop. That was a really big deal considering that it was another fighting game (hell, a doujin game at that) besides SSBM.

H-F were you at the tourney yesterday? There is comp all around you; Irvine, LA, Orange county, San Diego, Further north people. Just depends how far your willing to drive sometimes. Just keep posting here and post over at socal guilty gear on SRK also as I think different people frequent the two sites and you should meet plenty of people.

H-F were you at the tourney yesterday? There is comp all around you; Irvine, LA, Orange county, San Diego, Further north people. Just depends how far your willing to drive sometimes. Just keep posting here and post over at socal guilty gear on SRK also as I think different people frequent the two sites and you should meet plenty of people.

Well since I don't have a car, anything outside of Irvine is undoable. I hate UCI's fanboy obsessions over SSBM. <.< But I'll be sure to check the socal guilty gear thread at srk every now and then.

Well since I don't have a car, anything outside of Irvine is undoable. I hate UCI's fanboy obsessions over SSBM. <.< But I'll be sure to check the socal guilty gear thread at srk every now and then.

@kbalch: glad ur putting ur account to use! i guess i should as well.....my account's been dormant for quite a while now, might as well give it a good kick!

@h-f blade: i agree with kbalch. keep checking the srk threads, as hefty amount of the socal gg community exclusively populate that site. as for myself i'm from sd, i've decided to migrate here in hopes that this thread will someday thrive as much as it's srk counter part.

@kbalch: glad ur putting ur account to use! i guess i should as well.....my account's been dormant for quite a while now, might as well give it a good kick!

@h-f blade: i agree with kbalch. keep checking the srk threads, as hefty amount of the socal gg community exclusively populate that site. as for myself i'm from sd, i've decided to migrate here in hopes that this thread will someday thrive as much as it's srk counter part.

So would anyone in here besides the usual suspects be interested in casuals in san diego? I'll probably be doing these again sometime.

So would anyone in here besides the usual suspects be interested in casuals in san diego? I'll probably be doing these again sometime.

Sign in to follow this