Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kasou

the chipp blog thread

well the aim of this thread is to blog about your chipp on the days you've played.... simple ------------------------------------------------------------- anyway so yea, today was meant to be a kof XI day (on console that is) but we managed to squeeze in guilty gear as well, since me and one of my mates had to train for the upcoming OHN tourney in australia on sat and sun. But blah, if you're wondering about how XI is, well it's actualli pretty decent on console, with the new characters having some realli neat/crazy link combos (i.e NGBC kyo). And we also found this "AUTO COMBO" button, which is retarded. It would auto do combos into DREAM CANCEL if your player had meter. Pretty neat, and a good laugh. But blah, all together there were like 4/5 of us. And me and the only other gg player (i'll call him young JEDI!) decided to whine and play gg, becoz while we left for buying food, the other two were just practicing combos and didn't seem like wanting to play any other matches when we came back. So bleh, we decided to play gg. Now seriously, i haven't touched gg for nearly a month now, and the last time i've played i was playing someone who was only about 60% my level, so bleh. Anywayz the matches i had with chipp was basically just, MAY, and MAY, and MAY, and just a noobie testament. But yea... apart from the young jedi, all others were just like... i dunno, scared to play me, coz they're noobs? But yea, i would accidentally (note the sarcasm) rape them so bad, and they'll just scream out in frustration xD anywayz, so yea. I was, as usual, crazy and aggressive as hell with chipp. Got hit by that stupid may's 2d that stays there like FOREVER, twice. Luckily he didn't followup with dolphin frc combo, becoz he's stupid. But yea..... OTG gamma, dash, 2p/s©, 22hs crossover teleport, is half duckable. Which is kinda gay at times. It's realli good against average players, or pplz who haven't played against chipp much, but yea, i got 2d'ed out of it a few times, which was weird. Shrug... maybe i should do fdc to make sure i land on that stupid loli's head. But yea.... remember to use your dust button quite often. And since it's on advantage after block, you can spam 2d afterwards, or woteva. Dun have to jump away. That REALLI pisses young jedi off, and actually many players..... but yea funniest thing of the day, was when my other two friends played against young jedi. And whenever young jedi got hit by pot's PB after blocking a mega fist, i get realli frustrated at how poor young jedi was playing. ANd i was like, "ZOMFG, how many times are you falling for that? gee, use 5k, IT"S NOT THROWABLE AFTERWARDS YOU NOOB!" And everytime i said that they'll laugh their heads off... They were saying how young jedi relatively didn't give a crap, while i (who was NOT PLAYING) was getting so upset and angry. xD ah.. sigh. But yea, i don't know, maybe im frustrated coz my only "COMPETITION" in aus sucks like hell. And young jedi being the only potential player screws up all the bloody time just makes me wanna cry... :cry: anyway..... that's bout all. I'll write how everything went in my matches in the upcoming tournament. Casual and non casual. I heard i'll be up against this top japanese national player. :blue: i hope i can nail him...... lolz anyway...

Ive been playing chipp for about 2 months now(playing the game for about 3) and i have to say that chipp is the most fun character i have ever played in any fighter. Ive played against wild kitty and jamie austin with chipp and i swear with out those guys my chipp would be garbage. (its pretty bad as it is =P) But Being the only chipp around kinda sucks. Im hoping people will pick him up. He isnt easy to learn at all because you have to always be on the move. I could never leave my main man chipp! he is just sooo fucking cool!

at least 50 matches of chipp vs. dizzy this weekend. and new confidence in knowing that cracking the defense of a good player is very, very hard with chipp. you have to work like a bitch. close S rushdown is good, but it's so hard to land a tick throw against good ppl. also, if you wanna learn FDC drop, better make sure you can do it PERFECTLY. i mean, an error margin of 0 pixel. and in other news, i think i discovered a "better" way of doing my FDC which could make it a LOT stronger. gonna update on that later, once im sure. chipp vs. dizzy is probably horrible to watch, dizzy running away, chipp trying to chase her and vice versa... and it's also very tiring. i had some good results with superjump j.D against her air dashes and air movement, since the superjump makes the j.D somewhat safe, time to dash / do whatever afterwards without fear of landing and getting butchered during landing recovery. i was surprised by the new frame trap stuff dizzy is relying on. little holes for ice spike, or 2hs FRC can lead to horrible damage, and with some skill, her pins are quite long (not as long as reload of course, and more holes, but still..). some stuff: 5hs is your friend vs. anything, even as anti air. anti air 5hs on CH, 5hs, j.D. nice damage & easy to do. 2s can help to hit dizzy when she is doing a close scythe for pressure out of a string, you can hit her and (kinda) stay out of danger at the same time. also, her fish 2p/throw rushdown is dangerous. best bet is to stay cool, block normal / with FD, and if you think a throw will come up, try throwing yourself. jumping out is impossible, the fish will hit you (or her OS s if she is doing offensive OS). so much for dizzy. she might be low tier, but she can fucking annihilate you if you don't watch out.

yes dizzies. It's weird how ppl say that chipp owns dizzy when it's realli not that easy at all. If you get hit by a counter hit 2hs, it's all over red rover for you bud. Anyway story time... back in 2003 i thought i was already KING of GG. I thought i had reach my peak. I had a few tick throw set ups, no one could beat me if i played my best and back then KY was my main. Then suddenly a jap guy (really farkin' good JAP GUY) came over to brisbane to study some stupid foundation course (which i think he failed and later got deported... lolz) and he used anji. Now seriously, being the best player in your local competition (hence thinking im realli good) and being owned 14 nil is quite a shit house experience. I played him for 4 days, and then he disappeared..... then in 2004, went back to hk to train (for like a full 9 months, but yea it was becoz of some family issues that i had to go back.. LOLZ). I could beat heaps of ppl, and i was claimed to be "THE MOST ANNOYING NINJA" of many arcade places. And soon enough i began to feel like another best player reaching the highest peak. That is until i found THE ARCADE. THe arcade where all the top players of hk met every fri night and sat night. And on those two nights up to an average of 12 ppl would be lined up waiting to play the next challenger. And did i lose bad. So bad that i wanted to give up my then favourite chipp. But then suddenly i had to return to aus and say goodbye to the fantastic yet humilating extreme competition. And in 2005, back at aus, i would play my pussy poor competition. But then secretly at home i would train, TRAIN BLOODY HARD for my next encounter at THAT ARCADE. Just me and my stupid training mode. Learning how to utilize 5k, and 6p to the full extent realli upped my game. To be honest if it wasn't for the reload data stating that 5k got beefed up, i wouldn't have bothered. I was realli curious what's so great about the 5k, but man, IT IS BLOODY FANTASTIC. ANywayz so the months go by with me constantly getting betta, me trying to improve the locals arcade skills, and me playing EFZ a lot and starting to IB like crazy (in EFZ). Equipped with new skills i headed back to HK in december 2005. First off i unluckily played against HK's best players. THE SOL BROTHERS. 0.o Hardcore matches indeed, and of course, i lost more than i won, but that was to be expected. Then i played the other top players, and to my surprise i was NECK TO NECK with them. I won three sets to love against HK's best johnny (in 2004 reload), and won many matches against the best dizzy. We were basically tied. As for zappa and potemkin, yea i did lose, but they gave me mad props at how intense the games were.... only thing lacking was that i was realli TOO QUICK, and would sometimes be too quick to react, and hence be read easily. Anyway, against the dizzy player all i remember was baiting that 2hs bull shit with jump/gamma blade, and using IB (then beta blade as counter), FD 1 frame jump, and triple jumping away from bull shit. And if she followed me, i usually could get a lucky j.d in for counter hit. To see which dizzy player i beat, you could check out the hk matches in the match video thread. But im not sure if they're still up. Shrug. bleh, oh wellz, type more as i remember more....

....That is until i found THE ARCADE. THe arcade where all the top players of hk met every fri night and sat night. And on those two nights up to an average of 12 ppl would be lined up waiting to play the next challenger. And did i lose bad. So bad that i wanted to give up my then favourite chipp....

This sounds so BLOODLY familiar to the place I'm playing slash in Singapore....LOL

And so, i come back from my trip to the australian national tournaments (known as OHN) and sadly... -.- i lost (i signed up as gourami1, if anyone cares). And GUESS WHO I LOST TO??? 0.o FARKIN black man! potemkin!!! stupid blackman!!!! -.- But other than that i placed second in the tourney, though a small one but who gives a crap. The opponent i played, his main was friggin testament, i OWNED his testament with my chipp but then since the casuals he KNOWS i hate potemkin with a passion. And TADA!! he decides to pull out potemkin. And beats me. I changed to ky (who i used to be good with) but that didn't work either, coz i wasn't thinking properly, coz i used 6k. which is a completely dumb idea, but again that's beside the point. And yea, so i was hit down into the losers bracket, and beat my MAY disciple. And came back to the winners bracket. I used chipp, and beat his potemkin. He switched to anji, i beat that too. And since he hasn't lost a match, we had to play a second set, where again he chose potemkin. And beat my chipp twice.... Hell, that stupid PB corner combo is retarded against chipp. But shrug, oh wellz. Vids are coming soon. And yes, i did play very poorly against the potemkin, since everytime he megafists, i would beta blade. Only once did i use alpha blade which is a million times betta option. But blah. Becoz of my stupidity, he would do his aegis reflector overdrive, and make me dizzy in one hit, and finish me with pb combo. So yea... when the vids come out, i guess you guys can trash me. Shrug.... oh wellz... other than that. In better news, i played a few casuals b4 the tourney, and i actualli beat him quite consistently (stupid jap guy who once won a national tourney >< ARRRRGH!!!) so yea, everyone was rooting for me and i lost, and i didn't get my I-no trophy. >o< anyway so yea.... today im heading back off to home town, and say goodbye to my one day of good competition (one person who was actualli good, and the others were just fresh sandbags.. which is nice btw ^-^) that's all. wait for my vids my young chipp jedi's ^-^

lol.. ^^" thanx for that. But yea, let's just pray that those tournament organizers would put it up soon enough. Hahaha, but truthfully, there's nothing realli to look forward to. As one of my earlier posts here stated, i did my only big fatal flaw, which was react too quickly. Hence the ownage you would see in the clips (of the near future.. hope it's near future anyway), other than that you would see a few FD drops here and there, my 6p spamage against air jumpers, some teleport tricks, the good old double crossup air dust trick as okizeme (i think this one is in it), a lot of 6k spamming, and MAYBE some tick throws. There were very few dusts that i recall correctly, and very few JI combos as i am not really good at it. matches of me would be 1. chipp vs test 2. chipp vs pot 3. ky vs pot (i stupidly used ky, and lost badly coz im STUPID) 4. chipp vs may 5. chipp vs may 6. chipp vs pot 7. chipp vs anji (a rather stupid match, but shrug, i didn't own him due to the pressure, but i did win) 8. chipp vs pot 9. chipp vs pot the last two matches of chipp vs pot is a plain disgrace. You would just see me getting trashed around and bear hugged by gay black man. But yes, if it's availabe i will still post it up. I was just under too farkin' much pressure. Everyone was like.. "for your state josh!! JOSH FOR YOUR STATE!" and i would say something like.. "STFU!!! i'll try" and by the time i replied i got PB'ed. >< but bleh, it was my first tourney. I admit i sucked at handling the pressure. Oh wellz, hope i get betta at that next time. ^^"

ZOMG, im now moderator. Just finished making the new threads up and is hell tired. ARRRGH, i'll fill out the blanks later. Hope i did okay. Feel free ppl to comment here about the board, or anything about chipp. SHrug...... -.- bleh...... so tired, it's friggin .... 5:00 am now. HAVEN"T SLEPT. >o< not good. now i just need ppl to contribute... lalalalallalaa ^o^ (i wonder if ATG IS FREE!! KEKEKE)

lol kasou :D i already thought about what i could contribute. lemme say that 6p beats 41236k from faust :D (i admit that isnt much, but i will update this blog on monday, sunday is a MAJOR german tourney with guests from many countries...i cant fucking wait!!!!)

After watching my bro spam invisibitly I had a thought; Why not choose a color according to what stage you choose? We were playing in Johnny's stage and he chose the white outfit. He 214K and then I was like "Damn you like blended in with the background. I can't see crap." He was catching me off guard High-low mix ups more than he should have. Then we went to Axl's stage. This time the green outfit. As usual he spammed invisibility. And again, it blended in well w/ the background. Really pissed me off. I was squinting for like half the match! Now my thought was to compile a list of which of Chipp's colors blend in best with which stage. It may not be the most useful thing gameplay-wise, but hell, it's something!

ATG: ^^ yea, i will be right here waiting for your contribution.. KEKEKEKE!! And as for your German tourney, good luck. I'll pray for you that you actually get some decent competition and that there's more than 10 ppl entering it. My tourney that i went to, only had 14 ppl (funniest thing was, at the start they said there was only 6. When i heard that i was in huge frustration, that my buddies had to calm me down). But yes, sadly the skill level was comparatively low, but i guess i realli did love going around the world in casuals (yes i beat that pot guy in casuals. It was actually 6/4 in my favour. But i guess i just couldn't handle the pressure in the tourney.. -.- shrug). Anyways hope you have a fun time, especially with the fresh sandbagging on your new competition. ^O^ Shinquick: I actually find that to be a relatively good idea. Yes it's not an awesome tactic, but it's something that COULD provide useful when the time comes. It's like his shuriken. Im sure there would be uses for the camoflauge. Anyway, i think i might open a new thread for his gimmicks discussion. Shuriken, console chipp bug, j.k bugg, and also the camoflauge. Uses of each, when it is favourable to do it, when it is not. As a matter a fact, I should make the thread become the "special moves and gimmick uses" thread. However, stuff like teleporting and air alpha blades might be covered in the general chipp sections, but then again a bit of redundancy won't hurt i guess. ^^" oh wellz........ (wait teleport, alpha blade, and leaf are huge gimmicks.... shrug) on a completely unrelated note... this is bloody awesome ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5td1A8JBI2M&mode=related&search=haruhi%20band the sync-age (lip, drum, guitar and bass) is amazing, along with the screen planning(story boarding). Compare that to stupid GUNDO!!! LOL... xD And yes, the song PWNS!

Was playing CHipp against JO's Johnny did pretty good few, near perfects 236.S pressure wasn't working he would 2HS or somethin so i went back to the usual pressure stuff block string into 5HS IAD j.2K crossover stuff just kepping him switching his block and mixing a blocked string with 22.S then 22.D as they pursue your semi-retreat with 22.S backdash 41236.HS and scoring alot of CH.6P which led to big damage combo 6P-6HS>TK 236.P 5HS.JC j.D for oki after this i would low air dash to other side then DJ back towards foe as they rise using j.HS or S i didn't really use shurikens or ninjashading, i forget about his ninja shading always but now i see i could use it after otg 41236.HS in the corner OTG 41236.HS run-in P-P-S.c-S.f-HS>22.D Airthrow worked for the kill all in all i shoulda recorded the matches huh o well

Was playing CHipp against JO's Johnny

wow getting some counter hit 6p 6hs hey? Must have been his stupid use of s(f) or 5k a bit too much. Lol....And as for 2hs, yea johnny's 2hs is a pain in the ass. But yea, i usually jump to bait it, esp with the help of FDC quick drop. Speaking of which, you should post vids. I don't even know when im going to see my vids -.- sighhhhh...

saw the newest a-cho vids of chipp. Man, one of them is so weird with the random jump beta blades 0.o and the other one being so scared of zappa.... sigh, i guess it must have been tournament pressure, or else that was just plain weird. Though winning by time is still a viable option, but that's such a sirlin xD As for the vid against faust, chipp was forced to play aggressive, he should have held back a littl' bit, not get too heated up and get aggressive and make himself wide open.

on other notes, for those who want to practice rekka pressure, set the training dummy on crouching and full guardgauge..... then do 2k, s©, rekka, then 5k. If done correctly it should combo. Good luck...

ok, where to start? i just arrived back in frankfurt from maybe the best tourney with the fiercest competition i've been to, and i managed to fullfill (almost) all my goals...and maybe even surpass them. xenophobian, miridor and me arrived on friday noon at the location. friday was all about sfa3, cvs2 and vampire saviour mini tournament (in which i got a very close 2nd place with my chipp-substitute gallon, haha). we had casuals until early in the morning with people like sicfi (definately among german top 3, eddie & venom) and loki (fucking sick johnny)... later on reaver, slashz and the slowenian guys (or was it saturday? holy shit it feels like a distant memory already). i did ok on the friday casuals, kekken, junior, sicfi, loki all played roughly 60:40 against me. i had difficulties against kekken's zappa because i wasn't familiar with the MANY (4 different ghosts) setups. he terrorized me with the dog, it was horrible. since junior plays potemkin (and up until the team tourney i had NO gameplan against pot) he butchered me alive, i was way too aggressive and lost my temper. you'll see me dying a horrible death in the team tourney against him, haha..but chun_li1 was there to save our honor, killing junior, mr. X, then closely losing to kekken. later on i reflected and thought about a gameplan against pot, then i did a lot better against junior, roughly 50:50 with chipp, and around 55:45 for me in pot mirror :D i didn't play too well against sicfi's venom, his zoning, ball setups and general movement are impressive. i felt reluctant to attack as CHIPP! that should say a lot. more on the matches vs. sicfi later. cuongster was owning everyone with every character as always, and was very helpful, no matter if a noob or a pro player asked him stuff. in fact, he showed me stuff with chipp that immediately improved my gameplay by a lot (and i wouldn't say i lack knowledge with chipp, lol). saturday. the main tourneys were held and took FOREVER (3s and tekken5...btw the tekken5 crew is a bunch of lazy retards, they didn't bring TVs, complained that the entrance fee was too high but still requested to play on big TVs....). actually i can't really remember what happened on saturday, since the whole tournament felt like one big, short (even though i played until 6 in the morning every day) meeting. the team tourney was lots of fun, and i more or less organized it myself, since it wasn't planned at all. making a list of possible players and then playing their pimp and searching teams for them took me so long. anyway, the event was fully recored (including the scrub teams losing to the good ones...edited this, i remembered it wrong, haha). sunday. now here is where it got so exciting. i'll talk about all my matches in detail as far as i can remember. my first match was vs. ultima, austrian eddie player. what saved my ass was a good balance of patience and rushdown, and some new stuff i improvised in the corner (i did my usual knockdown combo, gamma blade, but instead of a long chain only 2p, let them stand up, 5D, totally surprised a LOT of players. you'll see it in the vids against kekken.) and then i ALREADY forgot who was next, i think mr. X. i did ok vs. him in casuals with a slight edge, but in the tourney i dominated (perfect 2nd round and almost perfect on the others). next was loki, who sent me to the loser bracket. he owned me 2:0, i made some stupid mistakes like very high slow shuriken, which he punished, and stupid crap like failed airhthrows with HS, i land, he mangles me... stuff i would do again later against cuongster, cause i was so nervous. you'll see in the matchvids, its a disgrace, but on other moments i played very well...more on that later. anyway i gotta admit i forgot against who i had to play then, i just know at one point i had to play against sicfi, who lost in a close match to junior in winners bracket. kekken and junior met in the loser bracket, kekken advanced after 3 exciting and close matches. they know each other very well of course. so the winner of me vs. sicfi would have to play against kekken. a while before the match with sicfi i had some casuals with him, in which i played well. the offense just worked out the way i wanted it to without too many mistakes and i paid attention to stuff like dead angles etc, punishing and baiting what i could. this gave me confidence, and i guess thats why i managed to beat him in the tourney. meanwhile loki and cuongster advanced in the winner bracket until they met in winner bracket finals. here the trouble started, since the tournament started late (as always, since people are lazy and stupid and never do anything themselves, especially searching their opponents for prelimns) loki and sicfi had to leave for their train before the tournament was over. loki took it very cool and wasn't too pissed, even though he played so well and would have gotten a definite 2nd place imo. then my match with kekken was on, it's the first one that was recorded, and slowly a crowd began to gather for the last matches. i have to say i played very well, being careful to avoid summon, seeing tick throw attemps and missed meaties & punishing them with 2p into combo etc. in one round he completely destroyed me with the dog, i was clueless what i could do, beta blade is useless since it hits the dog and zappa gets knockdown with his 6hs. we had a very very close 2nd round, in which i had like 1 inch of health left and he had raou out, i never thought i would make it, but i did...in the face of death i did a gatling into flaming fists, overhead kick, FRC, and then i wanted to simply throw him. but in the last moment i realized he could do DP and i FDed, like i thought it came, i punished it and won the round. the crowd went nuts and i was really reliefed :D after that the organizers decided that i got loki's spot since i was the one with the next highest ranking, and kekken would get mine. i played the winner bracket finals against cuongster, i lost 2:0. like i said before, i was nervous and made many mistakes. i fucked up my tick throws (too early, too far away, 5hs comes out, etc.) and the stuff i said before. in one round cuong did a long combo with 2 FRCs, i bursted at the end, he punished me, i died..it might even have been a perfect. then i played against kekken again and managed to beat him a 2nd time. i can't remember much of that match, i think what i said for the first match pretty much goes for the 2nd, too. i have to see the vids to make comments :) onwards to finals. 2:0 for cuongster. even though i made mistakes i had moments where i was very focused and managed to take 1 round off of cuong each match. phew, so much for that. what can i say now that everything is over? i feel burnt out, but very happy at the same time. i learned a couple of new strong strategies, learned to adapt more to my enemy and observe his playstyle more closely. and of course more experience in matchups that i really didn't know much about (zappa, pot...playing pot and playing against pot is a different thing, haha). my goal was to get a top 3 ranking, but when i heard that the slowenian guys and sicfi&loki would come, my hopes dropped to max. top5. what can i say, 2nd place with that competition (and some luck since loki had to leave), i am more than contempt. phew, i need a break, i've been writing on this for more than an hour ;)

FINALLY!! i have decided to edit!! yay!!! xD... i think it's coz some posts i make just take too much effort. It's like im writing a bloody essay. Trying to think of the right word, and trying to make sure that every one of my thoughts are being displayed correctly by my words. Lol, anyway, im just gonna type freestyle right now... bleh So yea, Congrats on your 2nd (i think) ATG. You repped us Chipp players well. I can't wait to see your vids (or maybe they're already up i don't know), but yea. Im still waiting for my vids, actually, im starting to get paranoid about never being able to see the vids >< Arrrgh, talk about need to invest in tape-age equipment. >< but yea, from what i recall, you only practice by yourself right? im not sure... who do you usually practice with? And as for matchups, i know how you feel. Playing the first decent faust was realli hard for me back in HK, same as I-no and baiken. To date, i've only fought one decent baiken, and to everyone's amazement, my chipp just couldn't beat his baiken. Anyway, nice to know that you at least didn't lose to POT in the end, but to JOHNNY. Despite Johnny being a pretty okay matchup for chipp (one where CHIPP"S 6p is extremely useful), Johnny's combos still do huge damage on Chipp. Just remember to bait that stupid 2hs with a dash vertical jump or FDC. I have to comment on tick throws. I somehow find it easier to tick throw with 2k. It just WORKS for me. Maybe becoz i never start ANY STRING with 2p. Hence ppl KNOW when im going to tick throw if i use 2p. But if i use 2k, it's very rare that i dun follow up with a s©. I dunno, it just words betta than 2p. Additionally, I haven't done the dash in deep 2p/2k, wait, throw thing for a while. Maybe it's coz my HK competition just reads it too well. Like TOO BLOODY WELL. You have to remember, CHIPP"S throw range is one of the shortest, hence.... you would most probably be thrown first (at least it's another crucial factor to think about). ANyway, so for tick throws.... i usually don't tick throw. Instead, i just dash straight in and throw, with NO FD, or anything. Dunno if that's good or bad, but i've had the best results with that. Well at least i haven't been second guessing myself (in tick throws, i got read so many times that i started second guessing myself, and thought that tick throws suck). But that's just me, dun take me as bible.... ^-^ anywayz, proud of you ATG! keep it up....... (i'll post more stuff in my next post. Or should i say, i'll post more stuff about random ramblings about chipp on my next post. LOL!!! >< yes yes, i would go and edit my other threads later on. ^^" )

Nice stuff you guys having here. Ya, dash throw works too good. Opponents just need to blink their eyes once to find their chars being thrown by chipp from mid screen. LOL By the way, including FD in the dash throw will make opponents think twice to counter-throw or wake-up super on your chipp since the spilt-second lag in braking has been removed. Kudos.

Nice stuff you guys having here.

Ya, dash throw works too good. Opponents just need to blink their eyes once to find their chars being thrown by chipp from mid screen. LOL

By the way, including FD in the dash throw will make opponents think twice to counter-throw or wake-up super on your chipp since the spilt-second lag in braking has been removed. Kudos.

yep. 100%. i use simple throw a lot when they wake up, its nasty as hell and it depresses enemies. will write more tomrrow, very drunk

edit: too long ago to remember what i wanted to say, anyway, with "simple throw" i mean running up to an enemy on his wakeup, waiting for the throw-invincible frames to pass then just grabbing him. susumu is a master with that, his setup is run, 3+FD,hold 3,standup, throw. looks like a low attack, you slide into throw range, throw.

2nd edit:

i just watched old slash team battles with torowa, and in a match vs. potemkin he did the exact same thing that more or less earned me 2nd place on b3c: corner knockdown, OTG gamma, 2p, 5D. feels good when you come up with something that's used by top players on your own :)

i thought i wrote about throwing as an okizeme tactic b4. But yes it is surprisingly effective. I usually do it after OTG gamma blade. It really annoys players without DP. Ie EDDIE!!! yay... or any character other than the DP 3 (sol, ky, chipp) even then some eat it quite a lot. Anyway, updated how to play chipp section ^^" minimal but still an update. HAHAHAA, feel free to comment on the turtling techniques described. xD

Question for ATG, when you mention 3+FD, does chipp facing the left or right? Usually I done this in the matches, (in technical terms) chipp facing right, 66 -> dash near to opponent, 1+FD, 4HS. Even if 4HS did not activate throw, it can act as 5HS with lesser startup than 6 HS, helping you gain some frame advantage. Kudos.