Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

Montreal: Le Thread Generale Pour Weeaboo Fighters

Des signes pointent vers le fait que certains jeux apparaissent sur Steam dans le futur, incluant KOF 13, 98UM et 2k2UM. Get kinda hype maybe. Même si dans le fond je m'adresse vraiment juste à Airmaster finalement.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511484

I'd be buying all three and bringing my laptop to foonzo all day errday if that comes out fuck.

Will be grinding combos on Xbox BB for the next half hour or so. Free for netplay, just message me on there.

Also I need to find someone who wants to walk through Dead Space III coop with me D:

GGs Dai. It was nice to play someone else from Montreal. Do you get to play Blade a lot? I pretty much play him a lot.

I was thinking you played exactly LIKE Blade, actually, except more pokey/grabbish.

GGs. I need to get countered less, you were constantly outpoking me.

What do you mean more pokey. I get the grab thing though. :P Grabs, the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hard to explain, but in neutral game, it really felt like you were waiting on me to make a move and then perfectly space a poke right after I whiffed my move or right when I recovered. It was infuriatingly efficient, lol.

So I guess, great spacing and reflexes, really!

Just when I came home, you guys are done :( Oh well guess I'll stick to training mode. Sorry no dead space 3 for me.

Edit: Back from training, thank you based Eruo Jin for the tech that I am learning atm. So good~ One of the buttons of my controller is bugging me and I don't even have to mention which button it is :/

I liked how you dealt with my mixup in the corner. Pretty much nobody else pokes out at the right time like you did. I had to work to make you stop. :P

Kaeru (or anyone with expertise in that matter), would you mind bringing the appropriate stuff to check what's wrong with my button. With winter brawl around the corner, I've had a drive of motivation and I can't have a detail like that hold me back either in performance or affect me just enough mentally to feel frustrated or stop caring. I know I make it sound really more serious than it is, but I'm really pushing to get that fixed ASAP unlike the last 2 weeks. If anything just bring me the necessary stuff and tell me what you think it could be and how I could fix it. Heck, I'm even down to buy you tea.

Was that too much begging?

I can fix your button tonight if you want. I'll just pop it out and replace the switch.

Sadly I'm busy tonight, without wanting to pressure you (because I don't want to sound like "KAERU, BE MY LABOR SLAVE"), will you be there thursday/sunday/anyday before winterbrawl?

Kaeru (or anyone with expertise in that matter), would you mind bringing the appropriate stuff to check what's wrong with my button. With winter brawl around the corner, I've had a drive of motivation and I can't have a detail like that hold me back either in performance or affect me just enough mentally to feel frustrated or stop caring. I know I make it sound really more serious than it is, but I'm really pushing to get that fixed ASAP unlike the last 2 weeks. If anything just bring me the necessary stuff and tell me what you think it could be and how I could fix it. Heck, I'm even down to buy you tea.

Was that too much begging?

Wayyy too much begging. What, you think Kaeru is some kind of stick repairing slut? Have some respect

Unless all of the buttons are affected, you use different types of buttons, or you use all of the buttons on your stick, couldn't you replace one of the button switches with the other? At least, temporarily.

I'll be there thursday, and what overheat said is true, you can replace your 1P with your 4P or 4K in a worst case scenario

Unless all of the buttons are affected, you use different types of buttons, or you use all of the buttons on your stick, couldn't you replace one of the button switches with the other? At least, temporarily.

Level up, promoted from rank "Stick scrub" to "Less of a stick scrub"

I'll see if I can try tonight. Thank you for the reply as well as Kaeru's

Psst. Hey. Montreal.

I'm throwing a semi-humble event here in Ottawa. Essentially I've found a way to get the Canadian school system to front everything for an event short of the console stations themselves. Tons of space and all the electrical we could possibly want. The upload out of the college can reach upwards of 100Mbps. I ran a stream of GG last week, we capped out at like 9.2Mbps encode, which was the bottleneck to the New York Twitch servers. Haha. I'll upload the archive when I get a chance.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=502&day=2013-3-16

I've managed to score at least 8-10 legit stations thanks to GO, and the Ottawa community is down to come out in force (We've been dying for big events here, it seems). We've also got volunteer setups on the way. I'm going to try and fill these brackets with Algonquin students to beef up the pot numbers. I want to run pretty much everything, so if you guys are down, the Ottawa DL guys would be ecstatic to give you their money. Haha.

I can run two of these a year for practically nothing now that I've worked out logistics, so there'll be one of these a semester. I'm pretty fresh to event organizing, but I've done/I'm doing my homework.

Regardless of whether or not any of you guys can come out, what would you guys want to see there?

I realize this is pretty short notice (Slogging through the red tape to make sure this was actually feasible was a nightmare) and I know what the drive is like, but this is a thing that's happening, if you're interested! :S

Thanks!

Krackatoa.

PS. Going to copy-pasta the brunt of this around, I think. If you don't mind.

Edit: Yo. What? Freezer's in this thread? I'll show him around the venue next week, as he hasn't been down yet. He can report back what he sees. :D

Psst. Hey. Montreal.

snip...

It's like a 3 hour drive, it's totally not bad and if you're looking for players from montreal, I'm sure this can be manageable. My only concern with your schedule is how many numbers you will have versus how many stations. Running 8 games on 8-10 consoles seems a bit short on time, especially if you're trying to sign up many players/students for entry numbers/pot monsters. That's just my take on it, maybe I'm talking out of my ass.

But on a brighter note, a 3hours drive is pretty easy-going for an out-of-town tournament. As to say whether I'll come, can't confirm yet but I'm definitely interested in contributing and coming down if you're in need of bigger events. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know I can.

EDIT: Just checked what Google maps says, it's 2hours and a half from my place, and I'm further away from Ottawa than MTL. Looking soooo good

2h30 with trafic, did it in 2 hours in the past, not sure where in Ottawa exactly though but the drive shouldn't be an issue, only the date could.

2h30 with trafic, did it in 2 hours in the past, not sure where in Ottawa exactly though but the drive shouldn't be an issue, only the date could.

Think Gatineau

Also, now that you mention the date, I already confirmed my presence at work that weekend. Fuuuuck, it sounded too good to be true. :( Sorry