Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

Montreal: Le Thread Generale Pour Weeaboo Fighters

You don't need to bring a monitor, they have a bunch of those now. (Consoles and HDMI chords are still important though)

~Big Post~

1. This week's meetups
-Wednesday 6:30pm to 10:30pm (Last chance to see Unsanctifier before he leaves!)
-Friday 6:30pm to whatever

2. Videos from last week's tournament
DFCI :

Enbu, Xrd, BBCPE :

(timestamps in the description for each tournament)

3. Results from last week's tournament
DFCI
1. Abister (Shana)
2. pochp (Emi)
3. Level 5 (Miyuki, Yuuki)
4. Wake up DP (Qwenthur)
5. Betrayer (Yuuki)
5. Brice (Asama)
7. Darkrush (Shizuo)
7. Spider (Rentaro)
9. Ruroini (Taiga)
9. Steb (Mikoto)

Koihime Enbu
1. pochp (Bachou)
2. Level 5 (Gakushin)
3. Scrubtrash (Shutai) - takes the 10$ bonus for highest placing "new" player
4. Brice (Ryofu)
5. DerQ
5. Raffclans
5. Airmaster
5. Neanis
9. Reyntime
9. Rurouni
9. Samthegreat
9. Abister
9. Dhaos
9. Steb
9. WakeUpDP
9. Spider
17. SSBMTL Kyle
17. Bearblaster
17. MTL Wolf\

Xrd
1. Brice (Potemkin)
2. pochp (Ky)
3. Reyntime (Chipp, Leo)
4. Scrubtrash (Chipp, Leo)
5. Samthegreat (Zato)
5. Neanis (Elphelt)
7. WakeUpDP (Sol)
7. Spider (Sin)
9. Bearblaster (Sol)
9. Rurouni (May)
9. Steb (Axl)
9. DerQ (May)

BBCPEX Teams
1. pochp + Betrayer (Mu, Platinum)
2. ROFL Brice (Brice/Kyle) (Tager, Ragna)
3. DerQ + Dhaos (Amane, Izayoi)
4. Reyntime + Spider (Bang, Izayoi)
5. WakeUpDP + BearBlaster (Relius, Terumi)
5. Samthegreat + Neanis (Valkenhayn, Azrael)
7. Level5Chan + Darkrush (Tsubaki, Bang)

Now that I figured out how to run a "stream" again things shouldn't finish as late. Sound was awful, but I like crowd audio. I'll think of something for next time. Also, a proper layout lol. But hey at least you guys can watch your matches and learn from your mistakes (:

Hi guys. Our SF guys are holding a SFV release tournament on Feb 20th which will also have Xrd as a main game. I don't know if this overlaps with anything and it's late notice, so if you can't/don't want to come, it's cool. I just got the info this morning due to some miscommunication with the SF guys. Here is info dump ( http://pastebin.com/DzvSiCHM )

SUPER GONQ BATTLES 2016
Hosted by Algonquin College's Video Game Club

1385 Woodroffe Ave.
Algonquin College, Robert C. Gillett Student Commons
The entire 2nd floor (Smash) and rooms e206a/b

When:
Saturday, Feb. 20th
Registration opens at 11am
Venue will be open until around midnight

Pricing:
$5 venue fee (one time) for tournament participants.
$5 pot entry to main games.

Parking:
Yes. It's free all-day parking outside the Student Commons Building (E Building)

- There is no venue fee for spectators or playing casuals
- Venue fee is waived if you bring a setup (console/lagless monitor/CRT)

We're celebrating the release of Street Fighter V with a week 1 tournament. Come see what tech you can find with such a short amount of lab time and see how long it takes before it gets figured out.

Main Games:

Street Fighter V (PS4)
Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- (PS3)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Singles Tournament 
(Round Robin Pools, followed by Double Elim)

Tournament Start-times:

10 AM - Venue Opens, Registration Opens
12 PM - Melee (Doubles)
2 PM - Melee (Singles)
2 PM - Guilty Gear Xrd
4 PM - Street Fighter V

Rulesets:

Xrd/SFV:
-Double elimination bracket
-Winners/Losers/Grand finals are 3/5 sets

Melee:
TBD

Venue:
It is well-ventilated and roomy, but please remember to shower and wear deodorant. There should be plenty of electrical for setups and a Starbucks downstairs.

Keep an eye on this page for updates!

REMINDER: 
WE REALLY APPRECIATE VOLUNTEER SETUPS. 
There is a limit to our resources; we ask the community to please bring setups so that the tournament will run smoothly. Volunteers are exempt from the venue fee! Please bring consoles with games patched to their latest versions or a lagless monitor/CRT. Also, let us know at the sign-up desk!

3 minutes ago, lofo said:

By the way, did the footage from the tournaments I attended ever get uploaded? I'd be interested in reviewing it.

Here's a link to the playlist for the MTLSF Underground Tournament. Not sure about the BI-Weekly at SmashLoft

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf0eFSBl24e0LXwdL7DTxEGF29UEM6pAR

9 minutes ago, lofo said:

Thanks, man. Did the footage from the smashloft tournament the day before get uploaded?

Don't know. I think we were streamless last Bi-Monthly so at the very least it didn't great streamed but best to ask @pochp. He might've recorded matches on his PS3 for future upload.

No, the previous smashloft event wasn't recorded, unfortunately. I assumed they had received the necessary equipment during the holidays, but they were still missing something, which is why we brought our equipment to the following one.

It appears Ottawa is not in the Koihime Enbu vortex yet... I'll talk to the guys, we'll see what we do but yeah kinda last minute.

On 2/12/2016 at 10:53 AM, oDHAOSo said:

I've got a car for the 20th

*fist pump*

On 2/11/2016 at 3:23 PM, pochp said:

It appears Ottawa is not in the Koihime Enbu vortex yet...

If it stole Sato away from Guilty Gear, I can't knock it.  Are there any online resources for the game we should browse ahead of time?

15 minutes ago, Essay said:

Are there any online resources for the game we should browse ahead of time?

Shin KoiHime Enbu: Footsies: The Game

Its fairly barebones otherwise

Yeah I'm not impressed with Nintendo's recent gutting of games to appease the puritans. (Removing bikini costume from Fatal Frame, Boob sliders and more bathing suits from Xenoblade chronicles X, modifying bravely default costumes, and of course the incoming hack job for fates). Do the obligatory everyone is 18 or older schtick and don't call attention to it.

People on the other side of the debate will call this localisation for Western sensibilities, but they aren't appeasing actual customers. They're burning the core to expand their audience. Furthermore, they don't seem to understand the difference between localisation, and censorship.

That said, the image is meant to draw attention to the wonderful but aborted pun the commenter almost made. He meant to say that the skinship feature is not fully flEshed out. Skin = Flesh. Its was almost punny.

On 14/02/2016 at 1:54 PM, Essay said:

If it stole Sato away from Guilty Gear, I can't knock it.  Are there any online resources for the game we should browse ahead of time?

I just made this video the yesterday actually, hopefully it explains the basics well enough : 

edit : I also put some info, links, and timestamps in the video description.

Don't think I can make it to Ottawa, sorry :(

On the subject of last minute things...

Surprise, this week we'll have a tournament at Smashloft this Friday. There will be one major difference however :

All tournaments will be single elim, and free to enter. (Venue fee still applies)

Venue 5$

Schedule:
5pm Venue opens
7pm DFCI
7:30 GGXrd
8pm Koihime Enbu (20$ prize, see below)
8:30 BBCP
9pm "TBD"

As usual, please bring consoles and your sticks/controllers. By doing the tournaments like this, we should have way more time for casuals. The last game is still "to be determined". So yeah, since it's kind of last minute, I didn't want to hit your wallets too hard, and I also want to test doing tournaments single elim instead. Next week the smashloft guys will be busy preparing for one of their big annual smash tournaments, so we'd have to skip that week and I thought we might as well try this instead.

Koihime Prizes :
10$ for highest placing player that isn't DerQ, Level5, or myself
10$ for the winner (if the winner is neither of the people mentioned above, they take both prizes)

fb event : https://www.facebook.com/events/191852654506693/

Seems like it's my birthday this coming Friday, so let's do a meetup to celebrate it!

Usual times (starts at 6:30pm onwards), but this time with a little more emphasis on drinking and dunking people in fighting games Kappa

I wanna see some Team NAH faces though :)