Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

Montreal: Le Thread Generale Pour Weeaboo Fighters

Heya, I randomly found a video of a dfc montreal tourney and clicked on a link which redirected me here. Pretty cool to know there's a community for anime fighters here even if i suck in all of them. Nice to meet y'all

1 hour ago, ReynTime180 said:

Its 40$ for a membership now?

40$ isn't a bad price, but If I'm paying on average 8.5 dollars per week and I come 4 times a month, I might as well just pay at the door every time. I might be sold if one of the MVA guys can pitch me the other events happening there to interest me into 5 or more visits to MVA per month.

1 hour ago, NTRed said:

Heya, I randomly found a video of a dfc montreal tourney and clicked on a link which redirected me here. Pretty cool to know there's a community for anime fighters here even if i suck in all of them. Nice to meet y'all

Welcome! If you feel like improving or just playing casually, come to one of our meetups. The next one is tomorrow, details are a few posts up.

13 hours ago, NTRed said:

ayy what's upp. Everyone Is welcome.

we also have a forum Just for MTL.

you should join Sankishin.com also its our mtl afgc forum. We often chat in group over there. ^^

Heads up people, a few events coming up :

-Next week it looks like "Montreal Mashup" is hosting games we play in their biweekly event. I've never been there and I don't know the organizers, but Shwa's been and knows them. They are running BB on Friday June 17th at 6pm, and GG Saturday June 18th at 4pm. Both games have a prize of 100$ split between top 3. Venue is 10$ one day, 15$ both days, and it's 3$ per tournament. No outside food/drink, they sell snacks. We'll bring a few monitors and consoles to be safe, not sure how lagless theirs are. They'll also be running YGO, Gang Beasts, and Pokken on Friday, and Smash4 and MTG on Saturday. Check their facebook events for more information, Friday : https://www.facebook.com/events/797681327028901/ and Saturday : https://www.facebook.com/events/892710177525105/ If you want images of the venue I think this video has a few https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_yvmrADjI4&feature=youtu.be

-Tonight we're still doing our weekly tournament at MVA. Next week's however, I'll try to see if I can move the weekly to another day, maybe Wednesday, so people can attend both this and Montreal Mashup. More on this after I speak with them tonight.

-For the long weekend of the Saint-Jean Baptiste, I was thinking of hosting a kind of MTL Airdashers BBQ and training camp. My parents have a decently sized house in Saint-Bruno, with a pool and BBQ. You can get there by bus, and sleeping over is definitely an option, there are quite a few beds, mattresses and sofas. So far the most likely date would be Friday the 24th into Saturday the 25th. More details on that next week, I'll need to know approx how many are interested so I can buy sufficient food for the BBQ. Once again I'll probably check with MVA about moving the weekly tournament.

-We'll be doing our Monthly Tournament at MVA on the following weekend, on Saturday July 2nd. More details on that soon as well, still not sure exactly which games we'll run, but most likely BB, GG, Koihime, DFCI, and possibly one more.

And to answer a few questions :
-MVA price changes is just an adjustment after their first month of operation now that they have a better idea of their customers and costs, it shouldn't change as often. As for the monthly membership, on the Street Fighter side, they run a weekly event on Tuesdays and a biweekly on Saturdays. If someone were to attend our events and the SF ones, or all the SF ones, the monthly membership is worth it. I believe they want to start trying out a few other events as well. Oh, and the monthly membership lasts for 30 days when you get it, not until the end of the month.

-Ooof that's a lot of events. I hope I'm not pressuring you guys into attending everything. Just go to whatever fits well in your schedule and mood. Enjoy the end of spring, it's like 14C outside!

Also, hi new guy. Hope you can make it to an event!

This might sound stupid, but I can't register an account on Sankishin because I can't answer the question which asks for the character on the forum's banner and I'm unable to see it. Sooo can anyone tell me the answer? ._.

6 hours ago, NTRed said:
This might sound stupid, but I can't register an account on Sankishin because I can't answer the question which asks for the character on the forum's banner and I'm unable to see it. Sooo can anyone tell me the answer? ._.

Either Makoto Nanaya or Shadow Labrys

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Either Makoto Nanaya or Shadow Labrys

12 hours ago, NTRed said:

Don't forget the capital letters. If it still doesn't work. I'll ask bibiquadium

Weekly #4 @ MVA

Wednesday June 15th
2069 Parthenais, Montreal, QC https://www.facebook.com/MixedVirtualArts/ (near Frontenac Metro, green line)
Venue : 7$
No tournaments this weekly, just casuals. There will be a tournament this weekend held at Montrea Mash-Up, on Friday and Saturday. More info on their FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/mtlmashup/

Schedule :
6pm Venue opens

With it being in the middle of the week like this, I don't want to end things too late, and not force people to arrive too early either. Take your time, get some food, and come play some casuals. Please bring consoles though.

The venue also offers a monthly membership for 40$, and soft drinks for 1$.

---

Next week's weekly will most likely also be on Wednesday, because of the BBQ on that Friday.

---

Videos from last week's weekly should be on YT soon. Xrd is up : 

but BB is still processing : 

Talking with others on the chat, we came up with an idea. Since we aren't running tournaments on Wednesday, it also means that we're freeing up the "stream station" for other purposes. Why not use it to record a few exhibition matches, like FT3, FT5, MMs, etc. I'm thinking some people might want a few more recorded matches to be able to review them, because when we run a tournament, not everyone gets to be on stream. Or maybe it's also to get a recording of a specific matchup, a runback from a past tournament, whatever.

Since I have no idea how long these take, how many we can fit in an evening, and how much interest there is for this kind of thing, we'll be using this week as a test run.

On June 11, 2016 at 7:59 AM, khmxspider said:

if anyone didn't find their samsung phone charger, i took it by accident lol.

So Thats where it went....

Just a heads up that this week a few of us were going to meet up at MVA on Wednesday evening. Come around for some games, no tournaments planned.

Info for the BBQ can be found on this Sankishin thread, please sign up in the google form if you're coming so we can plan food accordingly. Going to go buy it tonight so if you could confirm your presence in the form before then it would be great : http://www.sankishin.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=336

Reminder that next week we'll be having our Monthly Tournament on Saturday July 2nd.

Sam, I think I accidentally took your Ryu TE2. Mine has a blue post-it note inside of it.

For everyone that was at the BBQ, here are the costs :

-10$ if you only stayed saturday

-17$ if you stayed overnight

No rush to pay me back, but I do have a list of attendees so I'll know who has and hasn't payed yet.

I haven't created the FB event yet, but for this weekend's Monthly Tournament, I was thinking of running a different format, Swiss Rounds, if we have enough Revelator setups (if not we'll do double elim... or single if there's only one but I seriously doubt that). Basically it means the tournament will happen over 4-6 rounds depending on number of entrants, and each round everyone will have a match to play (unless we're an odd number, then someone gets a bye each round). This means everyone gets to play until the end of the tournament, gradually tending towards opponents closer to their results. We'll need at least 1 setup per 4 entrants, rounded up, and time-wise I don't know how long this could take, since there's a risk of a bottleneck (can't proceed to next round until previous one is completely over), but I think I can estimate 40 minutes per round, so if we were to aim to start around 3pm, with 5 rounds, we'd end around 6:30pm. (then people can eat, and we can run other games)

Monthly Tournament #2 @ MVA

READ THIS FIRST : Going to try to run swiss rounds for guilty gear. We'll need 1 setup per 4 people rounded up, if not we'll do double elimination. Swiss rounds is a common format for card game tournaments, it lets everyone play until the end, google it if you're curious as to how it works.

Saturday July 2nd
2069 Parthenais, Montreal, QC https://www.facebook.com/MixedVirtualArts/ (near Frontenac Metro, green line)
Venue : 10$ (Saturday price)
All tournaments will be free to enter, format will vary depending on the game, number of entrants, consoles with the game, and T.O. exhaustion levels.

Schedule :
2:00pm Venue opens
3:00pm GGXrd Revelator : Swiss Rounds
7:00pm BBCPEX
8:00pm Koihime Enbu
?? DFCI ?? (If there is interest we can run it as well, I am not sure when to fit it in this, so please post a comment, and specify if your availability is limited)

Prizes : Since the tournaments are free to enter, I'll be providing a 1$ pot bonus to each tournament for each entrant that tournament gets. Winner takes all.

Extra Prizes : The winner of the Blazblue tournament will once again be allowed to rename our Granblue Guild. I reserve the right to veto the name. There might also be extra prizes for the other games, but they are TBD.

Stream should be twitch.tv/p0chp , the venue has a nice set up with a projector too, so hopefully after testing it last week everything will work.

This venue has monitors, so we'll need people to bring consoles. Besides that, please bring your own controllers/sticks. If there are not enough consoles for a certain game, it may be switched to single elimination (aka bring revelator setups please).

The venue also offers a monthly membership for 40$, and soft drinks for 1$.

If you're interested in coming from out of town, let us know, maybe someone can offer a place to stay.

ps4 owners should bring a pad next time.
so we dont have to get a ps4 stick to make legacy controller work for Revelator
just saying.

Planned weekly meetup is Friday at MVA. Place opens at 6pm, we'll run a Revelator tournament around 8pm. Not sure about format yet, or whether or not we'll run anything else. If we have enough setups maybe we'll do Swiss Rounds again? Last Friday before EVO!

Also, results from the monthly. I'll work on the uploads tonight.

Guilty Gear XRD Revelator (Bracket : http://challonge.com/Mtlrev020722016 )
1    Thelo
2    Pedro
3    Scrubtrash
4    Sam
5    Rhannmah
6    Greenix
7    WakeupDP
8    Brice
9    Goner
10    Fan
11    Level5
12    Spider
13    Neanis
14    Darkrush
15    Derq
16    Dhaos
17    Betrayer

Blazblue Chronophantasma : Extend (Bracket : http://challonge.com/Mtlbb02072016 )
1    Brice
2    Wakeupdp
3    Derq
4    Pedro
5    Airmaster
6    Groner
7    Neanis
8    Scrubtrash
9    Level5
10    Darkrush
11    Dhaos
12    Greenix