Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

Montreal: Le Thread Generale Pour Weeaboo Fighters

A few of us were going for an impromptu meetup at MVA tomorrow evening, join us for some games if you can! 6pm-closing time. Note that AirMaster will be running gundam as well while we're there, so if you're interested in that you can check it out too. Also, please bring consoles.

MVA Meetups this week are happening Wednesday and Friday, with tournaments for BB and Xrd on Friday, run by DHAOS and Reyntime again. Reminder that Saturday we're going to a tournament in Ottawa.

I'm swinging by this Friday. I'll be bringing my PS3 for DFCI casuals, maybe Persona or BB depending on how things turn out.

Also, my LGP conveniently arrived Monday so I'm going to start trying to run and record side exhibitions on my station whenever I go to locals. Trying to keep it small this week since I'll be testing the LGP. So mini-Exhibition #1, DFCI/Persona/BB casuals will be arcade style/King of the Hill. Winner stays, Loser has to get up and hold that until it's his turn in the rotation again. I miss JP arcades so I thought I'd bring the JP arcade experience to me ^,^

Oh yeah, there will be a black forest cake at the station. Why will there be a black forest cake at the station? It's a long story that would involve me ranting so lets just leave it at I get a craving for black forest cake around this time of year and it must be satisfied!!! And since I'm there running exhibitions and I've got a cake, why not turn this into a fun little event? And that's why exhibition #2 will be the first and last Rurouni cake meet and greet! Tada! Come play a match with me at the station and win yourself a slice of black forest cake!

And finally, if I get time, I might try and run a Tamashii 11 set this week (Info here). We'll see how time goes.

That's all I wanted to say. Rurouni signing out.

This week's meetups at MVA will be Wednesday and Friday.

Friday, there will be multiple tournaments (some will start at 7:30pm, others later, order tbd) :

-Guilty Gear XRD revelator (run by Fan)

-BBCPEX (run by oDHAOSo)

-KoF14 (run by Scrubtrash)

-Karnov's Revenge aka Fighter's History Dynamite (run by Jimmy Bones)

Also, reminder that Canada Cup is coming soon, and pre-reg prices go up next week, so let's look into planning this ASAP, post here if you're interested in travelling with us : http://www.sankishin.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=339

The results are in! Thank you guys so much for playing!

Guilty Gear XRD Relevator @MVA August 26 2016 Results:

Spoiler

1. Pochp (Ky)
2. SamTheGreat (Zato-1)
3. Brice (Potemkin)
3. Greenix (Slayer)
5. Fan (Sin)
5. Neanis (Johnny)
5. Scrubtrash (Chipp)
5. Tatari (Chipp)
9. Kazuhiro (Ky)
9. Steb (Axl)
9. Kirbster (I-no)
9. WakeUpDp (Jack-O)
9. MTLxSpider (Sin/Raven)
9. Bearblaster (Sol)
9. AirMaster (Faust)
9. Nachos (Sol)
17. Krewman (Dizzy)
17. MVA_Uuonn
17. MVA_Bugsy
17. SandRaven
17. BzChoy
17. Y``
17. Sodomito (Ky)
17. DBZ Davis (Ramlethal)
17. Fawzi
17. Bousoulouf

KOF XIV @ MVA 8.26.2016 Results

Spoiler

1. Steb
2. AirMaster
3. Deadmann
4.LordJimmyBones
5. Scrubtrash
5. BZChoy
5. kr3wman
5. Pedro
9. Mawari
9. MTLxSpider
9. BearBlaster
9. Fan
9. Level5

9. Greenix

Fighter's History Dynamite August 8.26.2016 Results:

Spoiler

1. LordJimmyBones
2. Pedro
3. Fan
3. AirMaster
5. Youness
5. Level 5
5. Scrubtrash
5. Pablo
9. Izrael
9. Sam
9. Steb
9. Spider
9. Brice
9. Amazon

BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend @MVA 2016-08-26

Spoiler

1. Brice (Tager)
2. Pochp ( μ-12)
3. Neanis (Azrael)
3. WakeUpDP (Relius)
5. AirMaster (Kagura)
5. Kirbster (Rachel)
5. Level5 (Tsubaki)
5. Nachos (Ragna)
9. Bousoulouf (Hakumen?)
9. Dhaos (Izayoi)
9. KFCLover (Litchi)
9. Mawari (Celica)
9. Sodomitou (Hakumen?)
9. Steb (Terumi)

I'm swinging by the meetup this Friday, which means it's time for more exhibitions at my station!!!

This week's main exhibition will be:

WakeupDP vs Montreal, come enjoy playing against everyone's favorite player of Blazblue's Best Dad!!!

Game?
BBCPEX

Rules?
Win or Lose, WakeupDP stays on the setup and the other person gets up

The end

Where's it happening?
My setup, which I will try and consistently make the setup next to the left of the stream station but if I can't, c'est la vie.

When's it going down?
I'm thinking 7:30-8 so most people will be there

How long is it going to last?
I was thinking about an hour but to be honest, it all really depends on how long WakeupDP can last without starting to get tired.

Who can participate?
A.N.Y.O.N.E. If you're new to the scene, I will probably go out of my way to make you play in this. I want to share my suffering fun times of when I first started playing BB at locals with WakeupDP ^,^

Special Prizes (Surprise!!!):

• Every time WakeupDP astral finishes someone, he gets $1 from me
  • Every time someone beats WakeupDP, they gets $1 from me

I'll have a limited amount of loonies on me so unless people are ok with getting money from me at the next meetup, special prizes will be limited

Before the exhibition, I'll probably try and do DFCI arcade rotation again (Sorry about the lack of variety but I need that XP before CEOtaku ;.; Promise to mix it up afterwards). If there aren't takers for DFCI, might switch to Blazblue. After the exhibition, might try to run a Tamashi 11. Might try to keep things open since some people said they wanted to play Persona and try Skullgirls and I'm not sure if they'll swing by.

@ReynTime180 if you swing by the meetup this Friday lets do a welcome back Tamashii 11 in Skullgirls. It's been too long since we've played ^,^

Wakeupdp vs the world sounds fun.

Ya, its been WAY too long since ive played SG, need to get some practice in again

P.S: so like... What happens if *I* (or anyone else) astrals wakeupdp??

Wakeupdp vs the world sounds fun.

Ya, its been WAY too long since ive played SG, need to get some practice in again

P.S: so like... What happens if *I* (or anyone else) astrals wakeupdp??

Thought I'd post these before we all just hop on the BBCF Hype Train. Big thanks to everyone who participated in these exhibitions! I might skip the gym or come after I"m done to witness the BBCF hype. Maybe I'll try and run Tamashii 11?

9/2/2016 Meetup Exhibitions

Skullgirls Tamashi 11 - ReynTIme vs Rurouni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATOgNvFxwg4

DFCI Casuals - Level5 vs Rurouni 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPAlIo3Dx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBD2M-lGKg

WakeupDP vs Montreal Playlist 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDWtjrLCIkbtZexZMlhwCBFXX9P9Sczuz

3 hours ago, Vice-Taicho said:

Hi...

Hello! Btw, are we having a meetup this Friday? Just wondering since there is big chance ill be free for that day D: ( shiet I actually post in this thread lol ) 

4 hours ago, gone12 said:

Hello! Btw, are we having a meetup this Friday? Just wondering since there is big chance ill be free for that day D: ( shiet I actually post in this thread lol ) 

Yes there is a meetup at MVA. Friday.

We will be running a tournament for gg and kof. Also bbcf demo will be available if u want try it out.

14 hours ago, Vice-Taicho said:

Hi...

yo ca fait un bout. viens sur discord, c la que le monde parle

NEC trip planning thread is up, post if you're interested : http://www.sankishin.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=1735#p1735

We'll look into Canada Cup rooms this week, apparently they're running out, so please post your interest in the sankishin thread.

MAT XI Results & Shoutouts thread is up : http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12959-mat-xi-results/

This week's meetups at MVA will be Wednesday and Friday, not sure what events we'll do yet.

This thread and Sankishin look sooo dead honestly. There a small chance i will be there for the next friday for some CF.

Pretty sure we having a meetup this week since CF release this Thursday.

(Wednesday 6PM to 1:00/ Friday 6PM to 1:00) The price for the venue is 7$ weekdays, 40$ for membership. Adress: 2069 Parthenais Montréal 5 minute walk to metro frontenac (green line)

Also dont forget, BYOC!

yeah. For those who don't already know, if you preordered for the demo, you can start downloading the game now so that you can just start playing the moment it unlocks tomorrow.