Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

Montreal: Le Thread Generale Pour Weeaboo Fighters

So I was watching the Skyrim trailer. Pretty nice, then HOLY SHIT THAT THEME WITH NORDIC CHOIR DRAGON TONGUE DRAGONS VIKINGS VIKINGS YELLING AT DRAGONS FUS ROH DAH

HNNNNNnnnghhhhh

I thought the trip would cost over 100$, like for T11. How long is the drive?

GGs today guys. I'm finally not free to Brice anymore. Also, Tager >>>>>> Rachel. So you can run and and tell THAT, homeboy. Kaeru, can't wait to fight you when you master stick. Pedro, MvC3 != BB! Boo to Nini for not showing up.

GGs today guys. I'm finally not free to Brice anymore. Also, Tager >>>>>> Rachel. So you can run and and tell THAT, homeboy. Kaeru, can't wait to fight you when you master stick. Pedro, MvC3 != BB! Boo to Nini for not showing up.

Lol sorry. Been drunk for 2 straight nights and my streak's probably gonna end tomorrow. Living the spring break.

And come with us kirb. It's a 2 hour drive at most.

Yay for drunk 2am posting.

Nini, you ain't drunk enough if you can still type straight. The sweet spot is right on the edge of the willies where the room starts turning, but you can still just barely hang on to it for great mis-typing justice!

Well 3 minimum, and so far that's me, Nolan, and Nini, so we're okay, but we could still take 1-2 more. It'll just split out the gas prices more, and since we're staying at my aunt's place for the night, the trip is gonna be really cheap (I think we're getting free breakfast :)). So yeah, if you were to bring your own lunch/supper, it would be 10-15$ for gas, 5$ venue fee and 5$ tournament fee. If you win, profit! Why not come?

Come on nolan dont drop out pls pls pls :gonk: Lol I won't force you, but I was okay with brice dropping out and kaeru going separately, but if we go from 3 to 2 it becomes very meh. I know you only confirmed recently and before we went from 5 to 3, and it's the end of your spring break, so yeah it's up to you. Srsly though, anyone else want to come? We have room for you :):):)

Yeah, I know that if I drop, this trip ain't happening...

Anyone else want to fill the void? The more there are, the more hype it is!

Wait, do you mean Kaeru is still going, but with his GF instead? Not sure lol, can't really read after those yummy White Russians lol.

1h30~2h max. Depends on traffic and road conditions.

Note: big snowstorm tomorrow morning. Might not want to drive if road conditions are bad. We'll see how it turns out.

lol nice, mine starts next monday!

I'm considering it... but I'm a pad warrior, and no way in hell I'm going if I'm stuck playing with a PS2 controller via X-converter. There would be no point.

I'm considering it... but I'm a pad warrior, and no way in hell I'm going if I'm stuck playing with a PS2 controller via X-converter. There would be no point.

Yeah, this is one of my concerns, too. Xbox/Ps3 divide ftl...

Still, I might borrow a stick or something. I tried out Twiggy's on Tuesday for MvC3 and it worked like a charm, I was really surprised. I think stick would be no problem for me to learn at all, I probably already picked it up without knowing, lol.

...I'm a pad warrior, and no way in hell I'm going if I'm stuck playing with a PS2 controller via X-converter. There would be no point.

Yeah, this is one of my concerns, too. Xbox/Ps3 divide ftl...

sfiv-sticks-broken.jpg

Yeah i'm not too drunk today. I got way too fucked last night and got home at 6 am cause no one knew how to get to the night bus so we ended up waiting for the metro to open.

So i'm trying to be more responsible with my drinking lolilol.

And yo, x-converter isn't that bad. I mean i'm gonna enter MTL BB

and win

with a converter yo. So quit whining and man up lol.

Dude, you get to use the Xbox pad, we have to do with the stiff Ps2 controller. I'm at 75% potential at most on that thing. And no way to practice either outside of the HQ. -_-;

And Eb, I'm not geeky enough to buy a stick. I'm not about to plunk down precious investment monies just for a stick, yo.

Well, whatever, I'm not into this tourney for the money, so it's cool I guess.

Hmm... I just thought of something. I think my friend Renato (the dude who beat Nini down at SSF4 ;)) has a converter that allows him to use a PS3 controller on an Xbox. He uses it to play this game online with Live's actually good connection.

Tell you what, if I can manage to borrow that from him, I'm down. But if not, like Nolan said, it's really not worth the trip for us if we can't even play properly.

Man he didn't beat me down. I wasn't really trying. And I only got serious about SSF4 that night. I'll body him if we play again.

Hope you guys still make it. We have to show Ottawa how it's done lol.

Hey guys, Ottawa here. I'm the guy that'll be running BBCS.

A couple of questions. What controllers/pads/arcade sticks do you use to play? I'll be providing a PS1/2 >360 converter and PS controllers so there shouldn't be a problem for any PS3 pad players. However, if there's something that you guys use and can't bring over, please let me know ahead of time so I can prepare it. I have 360 sticks ready to go if need be.

How many of you main DLC/Mu?

Do you guys need a place to stay? I'll have to clear it with roommates but roommates are chill and the house can definitely accommodate a couple people.

Anything else you guys need in order to play properly? We might even be able to swing a PS3 and BBCS for it but it's a bit of a stretch.

Can you bring over a plate of 3 amigos with a side of meat sauce from La Banquise and an entire roast from Schwartz?

Anything else, reply back. I'll be checking it in the morning before work. See you guys on Saturday!

I main Makoto and Pedro mains Mu. So far we're the two that are 100% sure to come.

I can bring(bringing it anyways lol) my 360 with Makoto to make sure I can play if that's a problem. All I need is my 360 controller. If there's a PS3, that would be pretty cool. I can bring a Xbox>Ps3 converter in case you have any 360 pad warriors who need to fight the ps3 players.

And Eb, I'm not geeky enough to buy a stick. I'm not about to plunk down precious investment monies just for a stick, yo.

As I have said before, it's not like it's something stereotypical for "geeks" to do. I doubt even more than 25% of the "geek" population at most has an arcade stick. Buying one is simply more convenient and makes your competitive gaming much more easier. You' don't have to worry about your remote working or not, if you run out of batteries, or if there is a converter. Just plug'n'play.

Geek is a ambiguous term, don't create excuses for not buying one, simply because you're just unwilling to make an extra investment in the FG community you're part of lol. You're actually making your life harder by playing on pad anyways, always worrying about if you can use your pad at any given tournament. But suit yourselves.

Yeah i'm not too drunk today. I got way too fucked last night and got home at 6 am cause no one knew how to get to the night bus so we ended up waiting for the metro to open.

So i'm trying to be more responsible with my drinking lolilol.

lol

And yo, x-converter isn't that bad. I mean i'm gonna enter MTL BB

and win

with a converter yo. So quit whining and man up lol.

This.

Hey guys, Ottawa here. I'm the guy that'll be running BBCS.

A couple of questions. What controllers/pads/arcade sticks do you use to play? I'll be providing a PS1/2 >360 converter and PS controllers so there shouldn't be a problem for any PS3 pad players. However, if there's something that you guys use and can't bring over, please let me know ahead of time so I can prepare it. I have 360 sticks ready to go if need be.

Yeah, I'm considering bringing my PS3. Do your TVs take RCA or HDMI? By the way, this because I'm probably not going to drop by my place between Ottawa and our tournament Sunday, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it along anyways. Sophisticat&Kirbster, does this confirm your attendance? :kitty: Oh I might as well bring Arcana Heart 3.

How many of you main DLC/Mu?

Like nini said, he plays Makoto and I play Mu.

Do you guys need a place to stay? I'll have to clear it with roommates but roommates are chill and the house can definitely accommodate a couple people.

It's cool, thanks for the offer. My aunt lives in Ottawa so we'll stay over in her basement for the night.

Can you bring over a plate of 3 amigos with a side of meat sauce from La Banquise and an entire roast from Schwartz?

Sorry, Shwartz only starts selling smoked meat after 10 AM and there's probably already going to be a huge lineup, so I don't think we could. Come over to Montreal :)

Anything else, reply back. I'll be checking it in the morning before work. See you guys on Saturday!

Uh hope you see this, lol. I haven't had a chance to post yet :v:

@Kirbster : worst case scenario, play your stick ragna.

As I have said before, it's not like it's something stereotypical for "geeks" to do. I doubt even more than 25% of the "geek" population at most has an arcade stick. Buying one is simply more convenient and makes your competitive gaming much more easier. You' don't have to worry about your remote working or not, if you run out of batteries, or if there is a converter. Just plug'n'play.

Geek is a ambiguous term, don't create excuses for not buying one, simply because you're just unwilling to make an extra investment in the FG community you're part of lol. You're actually making your life harder by playing on pad anyways, always worrying about if you can use your pad at any given tournament. But suit yourselves.

Whoa, sorry, that was drunk 2am me talking. :P

Anyway, a stick is simply not something I want to invest in. I don't mind the hassle enough to buy one in any case. I decided plunking down 150$ for founder status had more value to me than getting a stick, so I consider that money well spent.

Yeah, I'm considering bringing my PS3. Do your TVs take RCA or HDMI? By the way, this because I'm probably not going to drop by my place between Ottawa and our tournament Sunday, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it along anyways. Sophisticat&Kirbster, does this confirm your attendance? :kitty: Oh I might as well bring Arcana Heart 3.

I am mollified. :kitty:

Ah, alright, I'm coming 100% sure.

So, about the pickup I talked about, I was thinking of the Fairview Mall like back in Aug. Would that be ok, or did you have something else in mind? This scenario is the best one for me, but I don't know about you...

So, about the pickup I talked about, I was thinking of the Fairview Mall like back in Aug. Would that be ok, or did you have something else in mind? This scenario is the best one for me, but I don't know about you...

Yup that's fine with that, but are you really okay with that? How are you going to get home after our tournament? I could give you a ride, or we could organize ourselves differently. But yay! Thanks for staying on board :)

At work, risking it. METAL GEAR SOLID DON'T FAIL ME NOW

If you guys bring your own consoles, we'll have TVs and monitors. My 360 has the DLC characters and Mu and we're working to get them playable for other 360s but if shit hits the fan, I'll make sure you guys play on the stations that have DLC/Mu on them. Anything else I need to prep for BBCS?

And I definitely need to go back to Montreal. Trolling people at Amusement and getting fat at La Banquise is god tier.

Yup that's fine with that, but are you really okay with that? How are you going to get home after our tournament? I could give you a ride, or we could organize ourselves differently. But yay! Thanks for staying on board :)

I was thinking of leaving my car overnight in the parking lot, then heading over to HQ despite the possibility of suffocating to death. I still prefer that over using public transit, lol.

Still, I live a minimum 30m+ away by car from HQ, so it's pretty out of your way...

I am getting ahold of the magical converter tonight, so consider me confirmed.

I could meet up with Nini so that Pedro picks up both of us, if that sounds good. Where and when?

I don't know lol, it would depend more on you guys since the car has more mobility than public transit. That said, we'd leave some time around 9 AM so depending on how long it would take you to get there or unless you prefer for me to go pick you up somewhere else, my suggestion would be Vendome metro station, so I don't have to go out of my way too much, since the fastest by is taking Champlain bridge for me. BTW, kirbster, do you have a driver's licence? just curious.

If there's anything, just text me, 514 371-0501. I'll only check back on my computer later tonight, before going to sleep.

Anyways, so Nolan, I'm picking you up at the same spot as last time or are you dropping your car off at the HQ? It's true that 30 minutes is quite a lot of time :I: but then again I don't want you to die of suffocation or something like that, :arg: why are there always hard decisions to be taken. If only someone had a magical solution...

Oh and are each of you able to bring a sleeping bag or do you want me to bring one for you? I don't mind, just let me know.

Anyways, here's a map with the planned path http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=209+rue+d'ANjou&daddr=Boulevard+de+Maisonneuve+O+to:Boulevard+Brunswick+to:523+St.+Anthony+St,+Ottawa,+to:45.3629455,-75.7651795+to:Cline+Crescent&geocode=FWe6tgIdwgGh-ykjaNlUJQHJTDGIAVaw_34V1g%3BFS7htQIdTOOc-w%3BFam-tQIdhGOZ-w%3BFYXMtAIdOr18-yk5kBfRNQTOTDFMoXmrh9OiYQ%3BFQEvtAIdRep7-ymbUa0TxQbOTDFv9K5eIj2vdA%3BFcsqtAId9gJ8-w&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrsp=4&sz=15&via=4&sll=45.362971,-75.752664&sspn=0.016403,0.042272&ie=UTF8&ll=45.448571,-73.451157&spn=0.262053,0.676346&z=11. Don't mind the fact that it says 3h, that's because I don't exactly live in Montreal, and I added my aunt's place at the end.

From personal experience, it takes 2.5 hours from MTL to OT. 2 if you speed.

I'll try to show you guys a good time around Ottawa but besides underage drinking (which we use Hull for) and pub food, there isn't too much to offer. Still, thanks for heading over.

Yeah, you can pick me up at Fairview if it's not too much of a hassle (it's right by the highway anyway). Pedro, what time you think you'll be there if that's where you'll pick me up? I'm covered for the car, so don't worry about that. I also got everything I need, thanks. :]

Freezer: Got microwaves at the venue? I might bring me some half-eaten pizza. :D