Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

Hard Corps: Uprising Scoreboard

It's not a fighting game, but it's made by ArcSys and it's better than BlazBlue anyways. :P

When you submit your score, wrap it in CODE tags and format it as follows:

Name - Character - Score/Time - Stage - Console
Be sure to specify whether your score is for Arcade or Rising mode, as well. As an example, I'll use my first submission.
qwerty - Bahamut - 2,836,830 - Stage 2 - Xbox 360
ARCADE MODE
1. glirandly - Krystal - 135,294,101 - ALL - Xbox 360

2. qwerty - Bahamut - 8,092,501 - Stage 2 - Xbox 360

RISING MODE

TIME ATTACK: ARCADE MODE
1. glirandly - Krystal - 01:05:16 - ALL - Xbox 360

Arcade Mode:

glirandly - Krystal - 38,949,979 - ALL - Xbox 360

By the way, the way scoring in this game works is broken. The top scores of the leaderboards are all from grinding. This score is from my 1 credit clear run yesterday (finally did it even though this game hands out a zillion extend items). I'm currently working on a 1LC.

added!

By the way, the way scoring in this game works is broken. The top scores of the leaderboards are all from grinding.

yeah, i've noticed. still, the game is a blast overall i think. with any luck, they'll do something about the scoring system in due time.

i've only been playing for a few hours, but every last moment has been enjoyable. hitting stage 2 for the first time without any powered weapons was a bit rough though, lol.

Got another 1cc in Arcade Mode but this time I grinded out Stage 2 for at least 100 million. I think I get how these guys max out the score. You basically find a grinding spot for each stage and try to get the most points before Negative Penalty takes effect (yes, there is negative penalty in this game lol). From what I saw, negative penalty is when you exceed a certain amount of time for a given stage and from that point on you cannot get any points for destroying anything. I'm not sure if it also takes away end stage bonuses.

Arcade Mode:

glirandly - Krystal - 135,294,101 - ALL - Xbox 360

and here i am trying to get time bonuses, lol.

perhaps i'll get to stage 4 today.

You get more points for finishing a stage without taking damage (about 8-9 million). There is also a bonus for destroying all enemies. This includes static enemies throughout the stage as well as destroying every sub-part of a boss.

So I think to get the maximum possible score you have to:

- Grind out each stage at some point.

- Destroy all enemies / boss body part(s) throughout the stage.

- Don't take damage.

I really wonder how the top score in Rising Mode managed 1 billion. There are bound to be videos soon.

I really don't like grinding -_-

The best scoring system for this game would reward fast times / minimum deaths.

EDIT: Oh and I think for the sake of cleanliness I think having one score per user is fine on the scoreboard. Not that it's cluttered or anything since no one else is really active here lol.

BIG EDIT:

Do you think you can also keep track of completion times as well? I don't think I see myself grinding for higher scores. It would be more fun to try and complete this game as fast as possible since the game does give you your total time at the end of each stage. I'm thinking separate scoreboards for each character since obviously Sayuri (DLC) will dominate fast times with her insane damage output.

sure, i could do that. i think i'll actually just create a time attack scoreboard, that way you don't have to worry about score at all.

can someone confirm if the ost is made by ishiwatari?

Any news on the PSN release? I'm a big fan of Contra styled games.

i heard that for the end of this month we would have it

Yes it is. In game credits have him listed for Character Design and Sound Composer.

Anyway, on to ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME. Had a botched speed run. Seriously. If I have to continue it's pretty much just restart and try again...

can someone confirm if the ost is made by ishiwatari?

Wiki and Credits

He's also the Art Director and worked on character designs! :3 (No wonder Bahamut looks ... "familiar" :kitty:) He also helped on Scenario as well, damn it Ishi-kun, just head up a new project/Guilty Gear already!!!

thanx for the replies

nice to see ishiwatari working on the game, i hope that this coop with konami helps them (ASW) to get more exposure with the masses, perhaps the next GG overture could use the help of konami (and kojima productions :kitty:)

Actually, if this game were more polished I would recommend this game without any doubt but there are some iffy parts.

Particularly:

Sudden change of game mechanics

Stage 4 where destroyed enemies all of a sudden damage you on collision after they blow up. You HAVE TO DIE to find out but previous auto scrolling stages this was not the case. This, I believe, results in cheap deaths that artificially inflate replay value.

Gradius syndrome

If you die on the later levels you will pretty much die way more because of underpowered status.

Certain level design issues

This is probably from my own frustration but STAGE 7 ugh. This stage seems to focus on vertical platforming (not necessarily at the same time). Enemies are placed in these vertical shafts such that you will HAVE TO GET HIT because you didn't know certain enemies were above you when you wanted to scroll the screen up by jumping the first play through.

I will praise, however, the games effort in trying out different level styles so that it's fresh every stage you play. Not to mention the really awesome boss fights and of course music. I won't spoil anything but some of the boss fights are really creative and sort of wished there were more bosses instead of boring level segments...

I'm only being really critical because Contra III exists and that's the standard I'm holding this game too. If another game were made I bet ASW could polish it up from experience and get a gdlk game to come out.

i think this game is leagues above the rest of the contra titles mainly for one reason: things actually change between playthroughs. what i mean is that there aren't guaranteed safe spots like there are in the original hard corps (my favorite contra before i played uprising), shattered soldier, etc.

which is also the main reason i'm doing so badly at it, too, lol. i was able to beat the original hard corps on 2 credits when i played it two years ago. back then though, i didn't know about the us version not having a lifebar, so given that, i could probably clear the japanese version.

but yeah, playing the original hard corps didn't really teach me anything, since i just figured out the safe spots and went to town.

Oh yeah, I forgot to put more pros up there since I actually do like this game just not as much as certain previous Contra titles.

This game is notable in that...

THIS GAME HAS AIRDASHING HOLY CRAP BUY THIS GAME NOW

All of Daisuke's main characters must have big metal headbands. It is a requirement.

HOLY CRAP BUY THIS GAME NOW

*sighs* It's a day 1 purchase...as soon as it releases on PSN ; A;

All of Daisuke's main characters must have big metal headbands. It is a requirement.

I'm still waiting on a 2nd generation Baiken character...

^Sayuri? Lol. She's the only samurai girl in this game, dunno if she would be Baiken enough for you.

She's so OP. Breezed through the first stage with her. Haven't played the rest of the stages yet, though. Still makes me lol watching some girl with a sword running through storms of bullets and lasers.

Just pick Pink Sayuri and pretend. :gonk:

Sayuri has a launcher with a follow-up attack.

Do Up+Weapon Change and then spam Weapon Change to get follow-up.

Only usable if you have the proper upgrade purchased or you play Arcade Mode where all Action Moves are unlocked as well as certain character specific ones as well.

Who am I kidding, there will never a character as awesome as Baiken ever again! (which is so weird because she started out as a misinterpretation of Ruroni Kenshin's gender :kitty:)

I will definitely use Sayuri because I love to cut more than I do to shoot, but she still lacks the qualities that just make Baiken so awesome = w=

Just pick Pink Sayuri and pretend. :gonk:

Guess I'll just do this :gonk: