Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

Hard Corps: Uprising Scoreboard

Yeah my favorite enemies are definitely the crazy Mukuro (Last Blade 2) knife guys and the grenade throwing samurai men ("GO TO HELL!" "HEWO SOWAULS").

Hard Corps stuff

Thanks for the game, I adore it! Also I had no idea the voice actors were Japanese, it sounds pretty convincing to me. I always though Contra as being an American-esque game, and to see it revived in an anime style really gives it new life. Thanks for the game, though I'm stuck on one level! I'll list questions so they're easier to point out. They're not very good questions but...

1. Was there any idea to bring any Arc Sys characters in as cameos? Since Contra is a Konami game I doubt it but I thought I'd ask, and it'd be awesome if so.

2. I really like the character designs, mainly Sayuri and Krystal, is there any where to get good art for them? And is Sayuri the announcer? Also I can't help the fact that Krystal looks like Samus Aran and Solid Snake a bit. Especially with her orange/blonde color.

3. Will these characters make appearances in other games, since they're so awesome?

4. Is the Bahamut in this game the same as in Contra: Hard Corps?

5. Who's your favorite playable character and why?

That's all for now. They're not very good questions since glirandly asked most of what I wanted to ask. Once again thanks for this game.

That's already been confirmed that yes they are the same, Uprising is the direct prequel

i'm not sure why, but a lot of the voice recordings seemed to be low fidelity and/or low volume. Is this a concession to make it fit under a size limit or was it a mixing/recording problem?

also, i just thought the actors were just terrible english actors, not japanese actors who can pronounce correctly but can't emote right

also, hooray, beat the game in rising mode with bahamut. maybe i'll see how far i can get in arcade mode next

lol yeah you're right, fixed. Also Heca's a bad boy > 3<

indeed i am >:3, but why now? i wonder

1) How did this game come about? It just seems so out of the blue that Konami and ASW would collaborate to make a Contra game. Was it anyone in particular that really wanted this project to happen?

I wasn't party to the discussion myself. I can surmise with some certainty that we were sought out by Konami for being the Last Great 2D Game Maker. It's a natural fit.

2) I noticed a couple of references to other Konami titles in the game (Metal Gear, Gradius). Is this alluding to anything in the future? :kitty:

Can you really see Arc making a Gradius game? Air-dashing double jumping space ships with ridiculous hairdos?

Wait, that actually that sounds totally awesome. :psyduck:

3) Is there any particular reason 360 was chosen as the first console to get this game?

Microsoft elected it to the House Party promotion, so they got first dibs.

4) Can we expect additional DLC characters aside from the currently released characters (most recent being Leviathan)?

I'm not part of that decision, but it's my personal opinion that due to the money and time involved we won't get the opportunity.

5) And finally... will there be another game in this series?

Not my call, we'll have to wait and see what Konami says!

1. Was there any idea to bring any Arc Sys characters in as cameos? Since Contra is a Konami game I doubt it but I thought I'd ask, and it'd be awesome if so.

I think there was a conscious effort made to not confuse brands, etc, with Arc cameos. That said, we did manage to sneak a "Let's Rock" in there.

2. I really like the character designs, mainly Sayuri and Krystal, is there any where to get good art for them? And is Sayuri the announcer? Also I can't help the fact that Krystal looks like Samus Aran and Solid Snake a bit. Especially with her orange/blonde color.

1. Working on that one personally...

2. Yes.

3. She had red hair initially, but indeed her current design is very Solid Samus O_o'

3. Will these characters make appearances in other games, since they're so awesome?

No idea, Konami's call. I hope they do.

Yup!

5. Who's your favorite playable character and why?

Gameplay-wise, Leviathan due to the added complexity he brings to the table. Design-wise, Harley for sure. His attitude it great, I found his dialog to be hilarious and like I mentioned before his VA's performance was spot on. Also his hair. Oh god his hair.

hmmm makes sense as to why Geo Mandrake was in the game in the first place as he barely had anything to do with the plot of Uprising :P

Kinda made me wish Bahamut didn't turn to a baddie in Contra Hard Corps :/

finally got to spend some quality time with the game again. just got done credit feeding with sayuri a bit, just so there's no surprises in stages 3 and 4.

qwerty - Bahamut - 8,092,501 - Stage 2 - Xbox 360

i'll add the other scores and times now, as well.

2. I really like the character designs, mainly Sayuri and Krystal, is there any where to get good art for them?

Same here. I've been doing a ton of searching for any art from hard corps and sadly have come up short. Hopefully OnlySol can deliver the goods soon =)

This game is very fun. I've never played a game where you actually get to ride on missiles, fight a mechanical spider on a vertical train track, bounce around a huge ball, fight a Gradius-style boss and hijack a hoverbike, all in 8 stages.

Sayuri happens to be my favorite character in this game, beat Uprising for the first time with her. She makes any boss cry despite not having a gun, and happens to remind me a lot of Baiken, who I mained at first sight.

But now that I beat the game, it feels too easy now. I S-Ranked Stage 1 with Leviathan in Rising Mode on my first try with him, and I didn't even touch the guy until I beat the game. I blame the fact that I can actually shoot with anyone not named Sayuri.