Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

Hard Corps: Uprising Scoreboard

Who am I kidding, there will never a character as awesome as Baiken ever again! (which is so weird because she started out as a misinterpretation of Ruroni Kenshin's gender :kitty:)

I will definitely use Sayuri because I love to cut more than I do to shoot, but she still lacks the qualities that just make Baiken so awesome = w=

Guess I'll just do this :gonk:

The only issue I have, and a small one, is her charge attack is pathetic. It doesn't scale with her sword upgrades, and sometimes, unless you want to take damage, that's the only way to hit a few bosses. Aside fron that, she does monster damage in melee, especially with double damage, and is extremely mobile with double air dash and Speed Queen. It feels so weird playing a melee chara in a Contra game, though.

>>It feels so weird playing a melee chara in a Contra game, though.

You didn't use the wolf dude in the original Hard Corps or that Jagyu faggot from Neo Contra, right?

>>It feels so weird playing a melee chara in a Contra game, though.

You didn't use the wolf dude in the original Hard Corps or that Jagyu faggot from Neo Contra, right?

I never played Neo. I played C, Super C, and the weird ass spin off on NES with the stupid team, and C3:AW. The spinoff might've been called Contra Corps., but the 4 charas were all ranged based. Burns upgraded to a grenade launcher, Beans had a land mine or something, the big guy had a rocket launcher, and the Will Smith lookalike was purged from my memory banks.

That one you played is Contra Force. Contra: Hard Corps was way more solid than that game. Brad Fang was top-tier because of Charge Shot glitch.

As for me, I've played mostly all the Contra games except for those "not canon" games on the PSX like Legacy of War or something and it came with 3D glasses. Out of all the newer Contra titles, I still like Shattered Soldier the best. Neo Contra was too odd for me to like and Contra 4 on the DS just wasn't that good.

That's weird because I preferred 4 over shattered soldier. Last one was... well, it was nice, I admit, but a less reduced variety of weapons always turned me off.

That one you played is Contra Force. Contra: Hard Corps was way more solid than that game. Brad Fang was top-tier because of Charge Shot glitch.

As for me, I've played mostly all the Contra games except for those "not canon" games on the PSX like Legacy of War or something and it came with 3D glasses. Out of all the newer Contra titles, I still like Shattered Soldier the best. Neo Contra was too odd for me to like and Contra 4 on the DS just wasn't that good.

Ah, I was unaware anything else came out past Alien Wars. Still, I dig this game, and Sayuri is a strange (to me) but fun to play chara. Then again, ArcSys could make a polka dancing game and I'd play it.

I'm still shocked over how good Shattered Soldier was. I am going to document my speedruns and post them on my blog. Are there any good sites for producing higher quality vids for blogs? I checkout this web video production site but I want to get some second opinions.

My score isn't that good enough to post, but after Final Round, I'll grind this game. I knew Ishiwitari had to work on the game, the music and character design was too familiar. Apart from the bad voice acting the game is very fun, definitely worth the money.

If you pay attention to the credits, whether through invoking them through the menu or by beating the game, you will notice that the voice actors are actually done by Japanese people speaking English. :v:

EDIT: Finally got around to doing one Arcade Mode run for time attack. What a lousy run today. I'll do a better one later when I decide to not suck at Stage 7 and 8. I had to restart Stage 8 2 times because of botched dodges and overall execution errors.

Time Attack:

glirandly - Krystal - 01:05:16 - ALL - Xbox 360

7 and 8 costed me literally half an hour due to minor mistakes making me lose lv.3 Chain Laser and more importantly lv.3 Crash Shot.

Leviathan was released as the next DLC character!

Really fun character but probably suited towards experienced players since his stats are like the classic Contra characters. That is you only have 1 weapon slot and only 1 life bar. The upside is he gets "Dark Action" such as Grenade Toss and Slide.

So...who is left as DLC? Or are they going to go the deep end and add in cameos from other ASW games (probably not)? :psyduck:

Pretty positive the JP VA's didn't do the english voices. Just that there are games where VA's are uncredited, which I'm sure is the case for this game. I keep the music on full blast so I'm not really listening to them anyway. :V

Is Leviathan that blonde haired guy you fight in the Jungle stage and the Tower stage? I don't remember. It would be funny if they made Noel DLC. She can be a melee and long ranged character combined, lul.

Sadly (and oddly) American VAs often don't get credited for their work (this happens in both anime and videogames alot, as to why I'm not sure, even the most prolific of VAs often go unnamed) But more importantly...

March 15, 2011 - PSN Release date of Hard Corps: Uprising

:D And all's right with the world!

my wallet is gonna suffer, to many games, add ons

to many stuff that i want to buy

That's great news because I don't like the 360 pad at all. Too used to Playstation pad so definitely have to get it on PSN now. I tried to play this on stick and it's just impossible given all the buttons.

Did random co-ops because I didn't get the no-death achievement (failed attempt today). Made it to Stage 6 then died due to my own stupid execution error. I did down+jump you know to avoid the flames in the beginning of the stage but did it IN BETWEEN CARTS (so there wasn't a railing to fall onto) and fell right into the electricity. It's not that not dying is hard. It's the fact that the game is so long compared to a standard Contra game that makes me nervous as I get closer to finishing the game. The worst way to fail the no-death achievement is to totally miss the helicopter at the end after beating Tiberius imo. That would suck so bad but I can see myself failing that way :X

MOON DIVERRRRR

YO ULLLLLLLLL

Been waiting for this game forever, only 2.5 weeks to go! :D

Glad to see someone else is hyped for the game :3 and the tables will turn as this time PSN gets it first with Live having to wait, muahaha!

never heard of moon diver, but after watching some videos im hyped

Hard Corps: Uprising is now out on the PlayStation Store. I am currently downloading it. Worth it for the PS3 pad usage.

Same here, but crapping A, $2.50 JUST for a character!? I can let it slide in a fighting game, but for a game like this that seems a little ridiculous...

Ah well I just bought Sayuri and called it a day :D

Playin this shit on stick yo.