Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

Hard Corps: Uprising Scoreboard

Not when you use a second stick! Bwahaha (input mixer hub is too cool).

So, judging from the earlier posts in this thread, this game is worthless for score attack purposes right? I'm on the fence about buying it right away, because of Yakuza 4, and that's kind of a big deal.

So, judging from the earlier posts in this thread, this game is worthless for score attack purposes right?

pretty much. you just milk certain parts of stages for easy points.

it hardly detracts from the game though, honestly. i haven't been able to play it in over a week and i'm still itching to.

i'll update the first post now, as well.

Bah, I bought it anyway. No self control. Got to the 3rd level, not entirely sure how I feel about it, but Sayuri is kind of fun.

Yeah. The thing that ruins the arcade button assignments are the Strafe and Stationary aim buttons. These actions require you to hold them and so trying to figure out which two fingers you feel comfortable holding while also pressing fire and jumping is a problem.

Just got done beating Arcade Mode on PS3. I currently hold first place but probably not for long since the current record on XBL is a bit over 1 billion.

Is there netplay for this game, or is it only local co-op?

You can play both Arcade and Rising Mode with two players online. The netcode seems to be good, too -- I've had several lag-free games with people from the US.

i almost wish the game were a twin stick shooter instead. not used to using the strafe/aim buttons yet.

i suck at this game >:/

lol can't be worst then me, I still haven't beaten the first stage in Arcade mode, I'm such a semi perfectionist that if I use a continue before the hoverbike section I start the level over x.x and when I do get to the hoverbike I die XD

Keep at it. It's only hard because you don't know what to expect what's coming up ahead. This game isn't hard to me anymore but I still have yet to clear it without dying (the "I'll make them pay..." achievement). I get close but then I get nervous at the end stages lol.

A great way to practice is just do Rising Mode to unlock the stages so you can practice them later. The upgrades are there so you can easily bypass certain hard parts if you cannot do them normally in Arcade Mode. It also helps to slow down and take out every enemy. If you dash and take damage it takes off 2 bars rather than 1. So if you are using Krystal that means instant death no mater if you have full life or not.

^ Pretty much; now I can get all the way to the Lotus Wyrm in 1 continue, now I just need to beat the part after, lol never has 1 stage felt so long to me = w=

This game seems exceptionally memorization heavy. Like, the only other Contra I've played extensively was 4, but I'm always seeing people saying that game was 'so hard', and I 1cc'd it after like a week and a half of playing it for a couple hours a day. This game, even on Rizing mode I'm having a lot of trouble. It seems like I always die right when there's a powerup flying overhead, or there's health 5 feet away...

contra 4 isn't hard, lol.

it is memorization heavy, but that's contra. at least it's not like the original hard corps where you have the exact same safespots in every playthrough. granted, there are branching paths in the original hard corps, but still...

so i have the ost but im nt sure if it will be ok to post it here

I wouldn't until we get a notice from the higher-ups.

Anyway, I have this game on 360, and I fuckin' love it to death. Seriously, this is, like, loads better than Continuum Shit right now. Much better character design, balancing, and netcode, LOL. Voices are hilariously bad just like classic arcade games, which is a plus. Already got all the upgrades for Leviathan except Uprising R (30 lives). Trying to work on Sayuri currently.

hit meh up if want to play

heh just completely finished everyone in Rising mode with CP farming......and damn using Sayuri alone in that mode is so damn easy :P

Next gonna try doing arcade mode achievements, which so far I still can't do, despite knowing how to avoid most of the bosses moves ^^;

Got to say it a pretty well made contra game to look up to...despise the live system (bleh reminds me of Japanese Hard Corps). Stage 4 - I kinda wanna rage quit at time

Got to say it a pretty well made contra game to look up to...despise the live system (bleh reminds me of Japanese Hard Corps). Stage 4 - I kinda wanna rage quit at time

Which part of 4? For me its Lux Corona, a boss being lengthy does not always make it fun.

Who all is decent in this, has PSN, and doesn't use Sayuri in rising mode? Hit me up for co-op. Haven't had much time to play, but it's Guilty Gear Contra. I'll make time.

Sadly, this game is the only reason I'm back on Dustloop...

...and doesn't use Sayuri in rising mode?

She really makes the game ridiculously easy in Rising Mode, especially once she's capped out.... Does she turn Arcade Mode into a walk in the park as well?

My favorite character is Harley Daniels, but sheesh -- that last level is a pain with him! I lost count of how many times I plummeted to my death and cursed the platforming parts.

Do any of you use Strafe? I'm currently using pad and with it I can breeze through the 1st level without dying when playing alone, but with a stick...

well, uhm, I can't do anything :/.

The thing that kills me is my movement reactions are slightly slower on the stick, stage 2 seems impossible on it. I was thinking of setting my TE like this:

Att - Dash- W.Switch - S.Aim

Jump- Att.- W.Swith - S. Aim

or just:

Att - Dash- W.Switch - S.Aim

Jump x x x

I don't like the arcade default, I need a dash button for all the dashing and ducking I do.

Bahamut was a blonde in his original design, which made him look like the Ky Kiske of the Future :eng101:

The voice recording was done in Japan, which is why a lot of the VAs credited have Japanese names. Everyone was a fluent English speaker, but despite my best efforts most of them have that funny Japanese lilt if you listen for it. However, the Private and the Knife Guy were voiced by me, and the Heavy Soldier and Harley however were voiced by another Genuine White Guy. Harley did a great performance- he nailed every line in one take so we actually recorded him as the announcer right then and there! He wound up sounding like an even cooler Metal Slug announcer, and we all decided that SNK would sue us if we actually used him. Seriously guys, Harley is so awesome it hurts.

Also, in case you were wondering, the dialog was intentionality written to be like bad 90's anime. The game itself is such a throwback that doing it that way came entirely naturally. I think it fits the fairly silly theme of the game perfectly, though I'll admit that looking back there are a couple lines that I wouldn't mind reworking :vbang:

Feel free to ask me questions about the game, I'll try to answer whatever I think won't get me in trouble!

I love the Knife Guy lol. It's a shame they only appear in Stage 3. My favorite enemy still has to be the Heavy Soldiers. "HERE IT COMES!", "GIVE ME A BREAK!". I got a couple of laughs from it :)

First off, I really really like this game. I bought it twice; one for each console release on 360 and PS3. I guess I do have a few questions...

1) How did this game come about? It just seems so out of the blue that Konami and ASW would collaborate to make a Contra game. Was it anyone in particular that really wanted this project to happen?

2) I noticed a couple of references to other Konami titles in the game (Metal Gear, Gradius). Is this alluding to anything in the future? :kitty:

3) Is there any particular reason 360 was chosen as the first console to get this game?

4) Can we expect additional DLC characters aside from the currently released characters (most recent being Leviathan)?

5) And finally... will there be another game in this series?