Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

New general discussion thread, locking the old one and in a few days deleting it, so get all the things you want from it.

This week on Tager we will talk about:

3 games and our character sucks.

Arakune is still in this game.

Hazama....

How we troll people who don't know Tager.

Netplaaaay. MIKE I SPELLED THIS WRONG ON PURPOSE!!

3 Games and Our Character Sucks

- So we went from being the absolute worst, to the 3rd worst, to absolute worst again? At least Tager users are still immune to shit talk.

Arakune is still in the game

- Yep. I don't know too much on his CS2 changes, but I do know the Tager changes, and they don't seem to help significantly.

Hazama.....

- Has this matchup ever been tested by ArcSys? My guess is no.

How we troll people

- 360, GF, 360, GF, etc. or 5B/2B spam.

NETPLAAAAY!

- Netplay seems to make Tager 100 times better. Discuss.

One last question I should've asked ages ago:

Does magnetism count down whilst you're 360ing or otherwise throwing someone?

One last question I should've asked ages ago:

Does magnetism count down whilst you're 360ing or otherwise throwing someone?

Yes it does.

@ Nate: Mori and Pachi are like women...finicky and inconsistent.

Still gotta love em though.

3 Games and Our Character Sucks

- So we went from being the absolute worst, to the 3rd worst, to absolute worst again? At least Tager users are still immune to shit talk.

Arakune is still in the game

- Yep. I don't know too much on his CS2 changes, but I do know the Tager changes, and they don't seem to help significantly.

Hazama.....

- Has this matchup ever been tested by ArcSys? My guess is no.

How we troll people

- 360, GF, 360, GF, etc. or 5B/2B spam.

NETPLAAAAY!

- Netplay seems to make Tager 100 times better. Discuss.

All that truth and not one comment about Mu. Have you seen her buffs? That match will be 8-2 if Tager is lucky, and I'm not even exaggerating.

the irony of 'we can't make Tager good because then the match-ups wouldn't be fun' while Arakune is always fucking great is amusing to me

Email this to Mori. Give him some perspective.

3 months since CS2 came out and Tager is still beating Mu.

I don't know what your talking about bro.

Everything that gave Tager trouble is better. The only thing she lost was midscreen damage and easy oki. One is par for the corse in CS2 and the other she didn't really need in the first place. Also, her corner pressure is now CT Rachel levels of BS.

Of course I get to play both sides of that Matchup... :) + :vbang:

Also, this is why they need to make Tager better up close at least. So many characters can just run the fuck away for the whole fucking match.

@AXIS: the hardest part of the Mu vs Tager matchup is not falling asleep. This is not a joke, it's actually hard to stay awake in that snoozefest.

Ve they don't even get started, they just get blown up.

They also love holding steins unless they made it so you can't hold them anymore.

Tager vs Mu actually looks way easier but then again I haven't seen any really solid Mu's.

I assume your talking about the japanese vids. I've seen some of that, and I've also seen the good ol fashion shutout.

My best theory is still how new Mu is coupled with how advanced the character is. Remember when Mu was new, a bunch of people thought Tager beat her, then, that it was only slightly bad, and eventually, that it was an abomination of a matchup. As a Mu player, I can say that you must play the Tager matchup very differently, maybe their still working on that.

The other option, is that there is something I'm missing. Obviously, I haven't played the game yet, but when I watch those vids I wonder why they don't just whore Tager out like I know you can in CS1.

roflbot.jpg (yes i know it says 2 1/2 but i'm too lazy too fix it.)

it's basically what nate said. you rather watch a flying slug run away all day until he can get his opponant cursed and kill him in 2 or 3 curse comboes? nice logic

Hazama....

no comment. just still bad.

taunt 720? :v:

Netplaaaay. MIKE I SPELLED THIS WRONG ON PURPOSE!!

IB + netplay :vbang:

yep :v:

-well at least you'll get better at blocking for every game

- recurse combo :vbang:

Hazama....

-this doesn't help that alot people play him in my country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHuMIc-wTEs

Netplaaaay.

-see above vid , not to metion purple throws are untechable online

i'd like to ask something.. if i do a neutral roll, don't hold any direction while pressing A/B/C, it has 1~32F being Completely Invulnerable. i checked around but i couldnt find out when is the earliest i can do a move, be it distortion, grab or a normal move?

cause i was wondering, if a char eg, ragna, does a very meaty move 5D just when i am recovering, can a very well timed meaty attack force me to block without giving me even one frame to do anything like maybe a 720?

Your invulnerability wears off on your first frame where you can do something iirc. 720 and backdashes have first frame invulnerability. If you time it perfectly (Use advance input) then you can always activate them in time. Similarly Voltic charge and Magnatechwheel have first frame guard points and Sledge has a first frame projectile guard point. You must block everything else.

Maybe if it wasn't so easy for Hazama to stun lock you or you know...actually had a REAL restriction to his chains. He might not be such a bullshit character....

With all the fighting games Arcs has made, their is always ONE grappler who is always the hardest character to use. You'd think they'd learn after all these years.

thanks manta! so that would also mean that ragna could also divide out of a properly timed meaty move too right?

just wondering, i do not know the whole cast that well. does all char have a move to get out of that situation? or will there be some characters that definitely have to block due to the lack of 1st frame invulnerability moves?

because i was thinking about how effective is it to time a 2B using tager when a person is teching and forcing them to block. i see alot of tagers do that in videos

2B is a very good Oki move, but only when the opponent is cornered, then they will back roll.

Also, volt charges guard point starts on the 6th frame, it doesn't work as a makeshift reversal.

2B is a very good Oki move, but only when the opponent is cornered, then they will back roll.

Also, volt charges guard point starts on the 6th frame, it doesn't work as a makeshift reversal.

Ahhh volt charge...really oki is more about reaction in this game than prediction although when considering your options its nice to try and bait something on a wake up first and see if the person has a pattern when teching.

Okay, it works if you commanderoftroy...

But 2B is still really good if the opponent is cornered. It covers all the non-reversal options, has easy hit-confirms for good damage, and is +5 on block.

umm may i know how accurate is the 'Frame Data and Engine Guide' on the forums? im quite new here and im amazed at all the information gathered. are these hypothetical? cause testing out stuff in frames is quite amazing. how do you even tell one frame difference?

The frame data is 99% accurate.

Also, you don't test the moves by eyeballing them. You basically test what you know against what you don't know. For example, if a move can't be punished by a 6 frame move, but can by a 5 framer. It's -5. It's basically like one of those high school "critical thinking" problems. Also, there are mooks.

Okay, it works if you commanderoftroy...

But 2B is still really good if the opponent is cornered. It covers all the non-reversal options, has easy hit-confirms for good damage, and is +5 on block.

2B was what i was referring to, mainly because i can create a pretty easy mind game with without doing oki. Simply mixing tic throws and colliders off of 2B will scare people because as VE said its one of the few moves that leaves tager at a frame advantage.

i was thinking about the question i posted earlier. is there such thing as half a frame? like for example, when i try to tech to do 720 when theres an active atk right on me. im invincible from 1-32 frame and 32.5 frame my 720 comes out so during the 32-32.5 frame, i will get hit out of it. or is 1 frame the absolute smallest denomination for timing?