Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

Terra Break had always been misspelt in the guide, may as well fix it now.

It might be good to mention which moves are air unblockable now?

And I tested them out already: 6A, 5B, 2B, 6B, 5C, 6C, 3C, 2C.

Just popped in to say goog job to Axis. I wish all Tager players good luck... also, I need to practice, unless I want to forget everything BB-related.

My local arcade got the game last week, guess i'll post a few impressions about Tager :

- The new 6A isn't very interesting unless you fight a scrub, the loss of the jump cancel is really annoying :/

- 2C into only 3C is even more annoying, really that suck so bad.

- It was kinda hard to get accustomed to the new magnetism of 5D, probably will get better with time.

- 214D into 720 is fun, even if i didn't get much opportunities to land it yet.

- IB nerf sucks badly for him, at least with my playstyle.

- Seriously, why did he get a damage nerf?

Overall, i didn't felt that the new things he got would make him a solid character, i guess Mori didn't lied to me in Cannes when he said that Tager will never be good :/

I'm interested to know of that added tug on the end of Tager's D moves is proving useful in any way. It sounds nice on paper, but it doesn't seem to do much so I can only see it being useful rarely.

The extra pull on D moves are good or bad depending on your playstyle and the match up itself.

For me it will help quite a bit seeing how I use 5D as poke just outside of mid range on some folks.

Anyways I am gonna do match ups like this when I make the threads.

Expect them made tomorrow or Wendsday.

Not the real match up summary but will be the format I use:

Ragna:

Like the previous games Ragna is tough one to beat but you can normally give him some trouble once you get in and do your grapple stuff, bait ID and do as much damage as you can, even with the damage nerf 3 good combos will still take him out.

So lets break down how you should play this match up and we are at it I'll talk about things you can do to make Ragna players pull their head.

Things to look out for! Problems/solution.

• 5B is a good poke from Ragna and his most common starter, expect to see this whenever he is running in you can poke it with 5A if he starts the match with it, you can also 360A it.
  • 5C is Ragna's slower but longer ranged poke, sadly your only answer is IB or jump over it.
  • j.C this poke is a serious problem at some distances, you can't collider it or 2C it but you can IB it and punish Ragna if he wants to continue pressure on the ground.
  • 6B is Ragna's go to overhead, blocking consistently will make the match up really hard for Ragna so do it! If he can't land this then his chances of doing something risky skyrockets.
  • Deadspike? sledge it or IB it so he is closer to you when you want to punish.
  • Gauntlet Hades is an overhead and its easy to spot backdash or block it so Ragna can kill himself.
  • ID can be backdashed now and 6A kills it if you chose to do it, usually you want to bait and punish.

Close/Mid range

• Walk in or 2D, 6A will stuff a jump.
      When in 5B range don't try to beat it unless you read it, you are gonna get CH'd.
    • 5C as stated before can be hopped over, don't try to beat it you won't beat it.
      Basic Ragna blockstring will be 5B>5C>2C>stuff or 5B>2B>5C>2C>stuff.
    • 2C is +1 which is safe, IB it so its not safe anymore.
    • Expect a GH after a C attack because dumb Ragna's do it, against good Ragna's react to it with standing up and block or backdash it.
    • Do not let him get the health lead, he can and will sit on it.
    • J.D is a decent poke but don't do it too much, 6A will tag your extended hitbox.
    • j.2C beats 6A if he is trying to flow chart it. (IE he does it because you jumped and didn't bother timing it, only works if you did high jump j.2C otherwise you get tagged.)
    • Spark is good to use at this range, save it for the mind games.

Long Range

[*]Get into mid ranged fast.

[*]Don't use spark here he can avoid it, save your spark for mid range.

[*]Ragna doesn't have anything but time here so expect him to approach if you have the health lead.

Summary, once you get down blocking his overheads you force Ragna to get creative and hit you out of random stuff, its ok though it takes time to crack a Ragna since different players have different DP habits.

Take your time in this fight since there isn't always a chance to catch him.

Note IB 5C or 2C if he does it close ranged, this makes the match up 100x easier for us and 100x harder for him.

This is a rough draft so tell me what you guys think.

I want to shrink it down a bit more for the real thing.

If you IB Ragna's 2C and it is already +1, what move is going to punish it in 2 frames if it makes it unsafe?

Just saying.

Plus his 2C has gattling options, and 2D is faster.

Anyways, I was thinking for the problems/solutions section (good idea by the way), seperate out the problem. so it would look like so:

-Ragna 5B - 5B is a good poke from Ragna and his most common starter, expect to see this whenever he is running in you can poke it with 5A if he starts the match with it, you can also 360A it.

Cool stuff Axis...

CPU Tager often stuffs 5Bs with 5A.But I wouldnt count it too much in a real fight.

Tager's j.B is AWESOME, can beat and counter hit cleanly at 3C range.

Ragna j.C or any other jump-ins attempts can be beaten at close range with 2A/2C I believe, like after Jump cancelling 6A/3C. Just do not attempt to AA him at long/mid range, the air dashing J.C WILL win.

Also ,would you recommend Instant Barrier? Ragna pretty much loses momentum after a pressure string and stay in mid range.

Apparently when they were making CS2 Mission Mode for Tager, they thought it would be a good idea to either give the Bang dummy unlimited Magnetism, or no magnetism at all depending on the combo...One fatal problem though, this little factor makes Mission 9 literally IMPOSSIBLE to complete because Tager's Drives yield no Magnetism on the Dummy and it requires a Collider Whiff after 2D>RC :vbang: The Sample Dummy can't even do it so it just bugs out and starts whiffing shit. Looks funny as hell though :3

Anybody know if Tager's new forward throw can be followed up with anything other than a Spark Bolt? Figured I'd ask since I haven't seen anything else, though I haven't been keeping up with things.

Edit: Should say, followed up when not magnetized.

If they're magnetised, you can do forward throw > atomic collider (hold till they're in range) > continue combo.

In corner (with mag I know for sure, not sure if not magged) forward throw > 2D > 2B > 2C etc. Looks pimp too.

So, pretty much, If they're not magnetized, there's nothing you can do after a forward throw at mid-screen?

Yep, Although there's probably some gimmicky tech trap you can do from there somewhere.

A.X.I.S., thank you for putting so much information together. I recently purchased this game, and Tager seems a good fit for me for how I like to play; the learning curve is already large enough without also having to play against people who have so much experience. Your threads help me much.

Its no biggie, I didn't do it all by myself though, I had quite a few people help me make this.

Oh you live in MI too! Heres a thread you should get yourself into.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showt...a-BlazBlue-CS1.

I know how it is; thank you regardless. I would get involved with the local scene, but I'm garbage at the game right now, and I'm actually moving out of Michigan in ~4 months for graduate school - thank you for the link, though!

Just to let people know: Tager's Mission #9 is bugged. Apparently, the dummy can't be magnetized during that mission, which is needed for the AC whiff. Even the demonstration screws the combo up.

I know how it is; thank you regardless. I would get involved with the local scene, but I'm garbage at the game right now, and I'm actually moving out of Michigan in ~4 months for graduate school - thank you for the link, though!

Support the scene we have scrubs too!

Also fun things to gab at for everyone:

6B FC is useless! try to break 3k with it I dare you.

Tager's damage makes me rage.

360>walk 2B is still hard as balls.

Arakune is even more annoying than before.

IB nerf hurts us in amazing ways.

Support the scene we have scrubs too!

My FC combo that did like 4.2k in CS1 does 3.5k in CS2. wtf lol

and is the walk 2B thing how it works for most characters? tried to pick up Jin and Platinum with it normally, didn't work, the walking thing would make sense though.

=/ Welp. Is there anything good about him?

Lets see!

360B>walk 2B stuff gives free oki and with mag leads to a easy 6k.

with 100 heat 360A leads to unburstable death if you have their health low enough.

6A is godly for trolling and it makes for a pretty damn good troll meaty, I used it to beat Ara mash lol.

Some of his combos are hype.

5C>6A is pimp status.

Burst system makes people desperate to not get guard crushed...yeah thats it. T_T