Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

those new "tools" doesnt help him in his major problems, its more like they try to give to the players some new guimicks wich each iteration of the game only to distract them from the fundamental problems that tager has :/

i really hope that asw dont let pachi be near of potemkin on the next GG, it would be sad

Ask this to yourself: Why do they do it?

Edit: Can you tell me why pachi hates grapples anyways?

Kinda confused about the 6B CH Change. So if the opponent is on the ground and you land a CH does he bounce off the floor

or does the opponent just magically fly to the wall. lol

Also I'm kinda 50/50 with the changes few i like few i don't. :v:

I'm pretty sure these are Rachel changes.

5B -> 5C now combos against an airborne opponent

So they added more useful gatlings like i wanted as well. i love this addition. i was mad that this didnt work before.

Volt charge - Day 1 combo from sledge counter if an opponent hits the guard point yields 4000 damage

i hope this is without heat. i wonder if we actually counter hit with sledge or with hammer from VC

I'm pretty sure these are Rachel changes.

oh your right so someone just gave us mixed up info

Hey Tager mains, do you think it's a good idea to increase Tager's Break Burst radius? His is too small compared to his sprite/hitbox, sometimes him bursting does not hit the opponent, whereas another character bursting at the same time on the same combo would hit the opponent with the burst.

5B>5C combos on air hit

Woah. Really? Thats actually...exactly what I wanted. This means that Tager can now do, from a decent range:

5A > 5B > 3C > 5B > 5C > 6A > collider > Bgadget.

For a bit under 2k dmg. What makes this good is that it works at further ranges than the current:

5A > 5B > 3C > 2B > collider > Bgadget.

Hopefully this change makes it to the patch...

Hmm... if 5B>5C works, that either means that 5B got an attack level buff or 5C got faster, both of those are pretty decent buffs. Also, the statement about the sledge combo suggest damage is better wich is a big deal for Tager. However, I'm still disappointed they didn't give us a way to stay on top of someone, even if it was bad like the old 6A Jump Cancel.

360>5B>5C>collider might be possible and optimal guys.

I wonder what did they change.

5B untech time?

5C startup?

I was poking through the frame data, and, provided there aren't other changes, an increased attack level on 5B doesn't really get us anything outside of the aforementioned 5B>5C on air hit. So I'm really hoping the 5C is faster. That move was always a touch slower than I would have preferred anyhow.

5B only needs one more frame of untech for 5C to hit, they could've done anything. Might even have been accidental. But holy shit. I likes that.

Also

[Tager]

Tager can get 4000 damage from a Voltic charge counter into sledge. Very good proration maybe?

Asledge actually doesnt prorate down to 50% anymore? Nice.

This is probably a baseless worry over the wording given on that change, but "5B -> 5C now combos against an airborne opponent" implies you might have to prop them up first. It's an easy fix if that's the case (2B > 5B > 5C > AC) but just a thought.

I like 5B(air hit)>5C a lot.

I am gonna say this about joke test one.

I like this, I like this a lot.

ATTENTION FOLLOWING INFO NOT VERIFIED

well i do think we have one very bad news on our hand.... although i'm not the best japanese translator in the world there's a new change that isn't posted on dustloop but is on the jap site saying that you cannot combo AC after a 360B

hope i'm wrong

source

Ask this to yourself: Why do they do it?

Edit: Can you tell me why pachi hates grapples anyways?

in general, no one likes a good grappler

cause he gets blown up by them on a daily basis.

EDIT: wait 5b > 5c can combo on airborne opponents? ABOUT FUCKING TIME WE GOT THAT!

nice

Spark bolt has wall bound?

Ew...

the fuck :vbang:

Wall-bounding spark bolt is just horrible... They nerf the only tool we have to get in... And it wasn't even very good as it was.

responses in bold

B sledge can be charged, charging increases damage and travel distance

interesting but i doubt it'll go full screen

B driver (I think that's 360B? didn't know it used to work though..) no longer chains into collider

that's fucking retarded -_-

Paste from loke thread

Additional stuff from this blog:

Tager: (some stuff is already known, but there's some extra details)

B sledge can be charged, charging increases damage and travel distance

Voltic charge speed increased, can sledge to counter if a move is guardpointed with it. (You can follow up for a combo of ~4000 damage, pretty painful)

5B>5C now combos for both ground and air hits

6A magnetic pull is weaker, amount of damage that can be guard pointed is increased

Spark bolt speed decrease, wall bounce weakened. Can catch opponent on bounce with collider

B driver (I think that's 360B? didn't know it used to work though..) no longer chains into collider

Speed decrease as well on Spark is pretty sad.

Chargeable sledge might not be so bad, especially if the proration on it is different. I'm thinking Fatal combo's, but there might be other situations where we could combo into a charged (partly or fully) sledge.

I hope they just mean 360B>2b>2c>AC or 360B>2b>AC dont work but they didnt try it with 360B>5B>5C>...AC instead.

Hopefully we can at least do 360A/B>5B>5C>...AC easily to the entire cast.