Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

Lol you guys are so funny.

"Alleged buffs"

"Well there's probably a reason these all suck"

Also, you can't tell me a +4 jab is a bad thing. That's ridiculous.

The Tager Player is a cynical species that is wary of any show of affection, knowing the other hand has a good ol' nerf/gimmick bat.

5A and 5B buff are great if they last, Everything else so far is kind of "what" but it could be worse.

Hazamas won't like that update.

Bait j.B for 4k punish.

Is there any information regarding the emchanic of voltaic counter?

For example the counter is only effective after 14f.

Can't it still be beaten by lows? That's a 3C CH you don't wanna risk getting hit by.

You're seriously telling me with a straight face that stronger frame advantage is a nerf to his ticks?

You guys are something else :toot:

Actually, I gotta agree with Dacid on this one, we may have to adjust our timing a smidge, but +4 is better than +2, the loss of the mash isn't even that bad as we have a level 3 5B and great 2B that reverse beat all day.

But yes, I am weary of the other shoe, it's going to drop, we just don't what's in it or when.

Actually wouldn't a +4 jab make 360A tick throw possible on its earliest possible frame without causing purple throw? Since it's +4, and 360A has 11f startup, so that's a 7 (or is it 6?) frame difference between the opponent being out of block stun and 360A becoming active, which is just perfect since purple throw window is 6 frames after end of blockstun. Also, Tager would already be having full invincibility from 360A by the time they can do anything. Am I right in my scientific calculations?

Disclaimer: This is assuming 360A doesn't get changed in any way.

Loosing the possibility of mashing kind of scare beginners.

I actually think that it's a way to learn not to mash and time every move no?

Actually wait, making Tager less beginner friendly. They might actually be on to something.

Loosing the possibility of mashing kind of scare beginners.

I actually think that it's a way to learn not to mash and time every move no?

They'll just mash something else. Besides, scrubby Tager's mash 360A anyways, and that doesn't really work...

What's all this about mashing 5A? Wouldn't +4 make it easier to mash it?

It doesn't chain anymore, it's like Hakumen's jab.

They'll just mash something else. Besides, scrubby Tager's mash 360A anyways, and that doesn't really work...

In this case : press 2, mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash.

But more importantly, we should just forget 5A > VTC > 720 ...

Edit : what was the option for thick vtc 720? 5A (which we should forget), 2A (still valid but easily spotted), 6C (no comments)

They didn't say 5A isn't jump cancelable.

That means +4 jump cancel...holy crap that frame advantage! Still useless!

2A doesn't chain even now.

The new 5A will likely 'feel' similar to the current 2A.

2A is self cancellable too.

just delay your VTC > 720 then... you're +4 goddamnit you can do whatever you want... if i don't delay my vtc 720 as of cs2 and i try do go as fast as possible i pink so i delay it. i'll just delay it more for cs2+

and also if we go vtc after a 5A why not ''mix up'' with this new (i don't like it imo but it's a new thing) voltic counter if they try to mash something

even if we can't mash it we can still link it right? i think it's even better considering everytime you do 5A you'll absolutely have to stop, your opponents will always want to shoot themselves in the head every single time there's a pause after a 5A... either they'll mash DP, jump and if they go 5A lol it's a free buster it's not even laughable... :P the mind games can only get better with more +frames...

They didn't say 5A isn't jump cancelable.

That means +4 jump cancel...holy crap that frame advantage! Still useless!

+4 Jump Cancel? I'm not sure what you mean by that?

2A is self cancellable too.

Nope

Frame data says it is. Not on whiff like 5A, but it can gatling into itself.

Frame data says it is. Not on whiff like 5A, but it can gatling into itself.

Oh that's what you meant, it gattlings into itself, but it doesn't chain.

Bleh... silly fighting game semantics.

I thought this would interest a few of you guys so I'll leave it here:

It's optional, but it would be cool if I had some participation on this.

rofl

People always ask what I mean when I say that Tager has never received an honest buff in his life... This is the kind of shit I'm talking about.

In this case : press 2, mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash mash.

But more importantly, we should just forget 5A > VTC > 720 ...

Edit : what was the option for thick vtc 720? 5A (which we should forget), 2A (still valid but easily spotted), 6C (no comments)

Why would we have to forget using 5A for a VTC>720 tick??? +4 on it makes it great for that now. Means people will be less willing to try and do anything about how plus his normals are. They're gonna have a hard time trying to find spots to jump out with Air Unbloackable 5B>5C now comboing which means the upback strategy is out the window as there are so many things that can punish it and reset them into it again. Shit just go 5A>Walk>5B and you'll probably catch them jumping. This in turn also makes 6A>RC way better for pressure. 6A>RC>5A>5A>2A>2B whiff>360 or 6A>RC>5A>5A>Wait>5B to catch a jump is gonna be really strong.