Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

Tager's anti airs are already great.. (2A, 2C, jump grab should be all anyone could ever need)

Projectile invulnerable spark bolt sounds very potent, but honestly it does sound fair. It would make the "Keep your gun loaded" strategy really effective. It might be a little too much against characters like Lambda though, who really have very little other than their zoning.

It's definitely a good idea though, especially since the effectivity could be scaled down in terms of how fast it activates projectile invulnerability.

2C can unfortunately trade and lose a combo, which is silly, also gains projectile property late. Collider is really slow for an anti air but is still the closest thing we have to a 6A. 2A is just situation because it doesn't have any anti air property.

So what happens often enough in my experience is there are plenty of situations where an air dash, or just an instant overhead can be done and my best option when I call them out on it is to just block high.I mean for sure most 6A's aren't frame one invincible, and they aren't unblockable like collider but objectively speaking we don't have any comparable tools to a 6A.

I'm confused, I thought 2C trading is in Tager's favor, since it Fatals and knocks them up really high, allowing Tager to recover in time to continue the combo. I've seen it in vids.

I'm confused, I thought 2C trading is in Tager's favor, since it Fatals and knocks them up really high, allowing Tager to recover in time to continue the combo. I've seen it in vids.
Yeah, unless you get hit by something that knocks down or launches. The fact it runs out of invincibility before the first active frame is silly. I guess I should have focused on the stupider part where it goes active on frame 16 and the anti air property ends at 14.

2A is just situation because it doesn't have any anti air property

2a has the antiair property of having an amazing hitbox that hits way above him, while reclining his own hitbox, it's superior to much-hyped antiairs like Jin's 2a in almost every way.

post-17142-139515161899_thumb.jpg

It doesn't have to have head invulnerable properties to be a good antiair, I mean it's relatively fast, you can pick up off of it on hit and counterhit, it's just good overall.

It's still comparatively situational and as fast as it is, it cannot work in gaps most 6A's would be safe to use. I suppose I could say that it's inferior rather than bad. There are characters who have it worse, but I think calling it a good anti air is calling most 6A great anti airs.

It's still comparatively situational and as fast as it is, it cannot work in gaps most 6A's would be safe to use. I suppose I could say that it's inferior rather than bad. There are characters who have it worse, but I think calling it a good anti air is calling most 6A great anti airs.

I would agree with this.

I hate to re-rail things but apparently, I have been living under a rock for too damn long... a second balance patch? This is the first I have heard of it and I am both interested and confused. I mean who else is being fixed? We cant ask for too much but really all I could ask for is for them to fix his drive, I know a some of you barely pay attention to the mag but I really like it. It is my favourite of the character and part of the reason I keep playing.

It doesn't have to have head invulnerable properties to be a good antiair, I mean it's relatively fast, you can pick up off of it on hit and counterhit, it's just good overall.

Just a quick note, you can't combo off a normal hit AA 2A. Needs to be counterhit. Although to be fair most of the time you can get away with bluebeating 2A>collider since people won't be expecting to get anti-aired there and tech, but...yeah.

2A is nice, just be aware people like ragna can outspace it with long range j.Cs.

I'd say rather that Tager has good anti airs and most of the good characters have -broken- anti airs. I can't even begin to describe how stupid Makoto's anti air is, easily one of the most rewarding, quick activating and simultaneously nearly unpunishable.

I punished it.

With Ragna.

Silliness aside Tager's AA's compared to the rest of the cast is mediocre.

I mean we have 2A which is used on poorly spaced or deep jump in's.

2C which is high risk/high reward but the reward isn't good enough because of his low combo rate.

AC doesn't grab low enough and is really slow.

Of course I lived with these for 3 games.

I just want something else.

But I am not gonna talk about that because we discussed this many times before.

In a related note, this is just a aesthetic thing, but latest J.2C should have more than head property on it. I'm literally crushing the ground at someone's feet and getting 6A'd.

AC does require a lot of reading your opponent and quick thinking to be used as a real AA instead of a jump-counter but even that has needs some future sight, but it is one of the best things Tager has. But it isn't fair to compare him to Makoto, with her it'd be faster to name the things that aren't stupidly good

I know it's of a limited use in Blazblue, but anyone got any good meaty for tager?

Was thinking of j.B and 6A.

Edit : misspost, please move it to general discussion.

Your wish is granted.

2B, 5C, and anything else with a lot of active frames can be used as a meaty except for 6A.

6A is too easy punish unless you condition them to block and even then you get nothing off of it unless it hits.

I probably just think Tager's AA's are good because I play Bang

(He doesn't have an anti air that isn't gimmicky as fuck with low reward)

I always thought Bang's AA was dash under situation specific 5A/5B.

Other than that its kinda sad.

Even Tao has a AA and she doesn't need one, thing is too hard to catch.

If you guys do want to see me play you can click that link in my sig.

I have matches that I upload on the camera.

The most recent ones I uploaded was me talking to skye...not really commentary.

I just couldn't sit quietly with him around so I started talking to him.

Your wish is granted.

2B, 5C, and anything else with a lot of active frames can be used as a meaty except for 6A.

6A is too easy punish unless you condition them to block and even then you get nothing off of it unless it hits.

Yep I had a look at the frame data to work on meaty but his options are again limited...

The only viable move is j.B with 7 active frames. 5C is 4, and pretty much everythin else is 3 (exception made to 2C which is crap since it's more a reversal move).

But well j.B is pretty much obvious.

The only wake up string I can see is : j.B > 6B/2B/5B mixup... Which is still, pretty obvious...

I am out of theory here...

There's a lot of wake ups move in BB which makes meaty hard to execute, and tager seems again limited in that aspect.

Try throwing 4D as a meaty. 5 Active frames and its even on block so hitting it meaty puts you at a good advantage. Most people who are used to mashing after given Tager's slow normals to use after, you can hit them for it. I try to throw it a lot on corner neutral techs as it puts them in a really awkward situation.

Oh god, I didn't looked the drive in the frame data, you're right.

Thanks a lot !

And it's even a mag move =3 Juicy =3

What do you think of j.B mixup as meaty (the fact that's it's a j. move is not the best but well), can it be usefull in some situations?

9 active frames is a lot (not 7 like i said earlier)

Tetra, while moves with more active frames are certainly easier to hit with, every move in the game can be done meaty. 3 Active frames is a fine amount to meaty with, you just have to learn the timing (base it from a visual cue on their bounce tech). I just meaty 5A everyone until they learn to block on wakeup, then start mixing up after that.

j.B is a good meaty if you're sure they're going to neutral tech and block, but unfortunately in blazblue when you try this, either they'll roll under you, down tech into AA/DP, or you wont be able to hit them meaty with j.B (remember how slow tager's jump is). Also if you aren't timing it as a safe jump then jumping attacks on someone's wakeup are just gonna get DPed.

Do not ask because my sources are shady but so far in the loketest this is the Tager changes:

6A magnetic pull is weakened but its super armor is stronger.

Spark bolt wall bounce is smaller.

XYH fills the gauge faster and if they hit your guard point you can counter with hammer.

Tager is a troll character! hurrah!

Possible Tager changes from recent loc test...

http://i.imgur.com/SR6M3.jpg Just posted by Ushi. He's inside.

Tager:

[-> + A]

The magnet pull's been weakened,

and the super armor's been strengthened

[spark Bolt]

On a normal hit, the bounce back from a wall is now smaller

[Voltic Charge]

Raise rate of the gauge is faster.

If you guard a foe's attack with his armor, you can follow it up with a counter with Sledge Hammer.

[b Sledge Hammer]

Now chargeable.

The 6A change sounds good, especially if the armor comes out faster.

Spark bolt change. Meh.

Voltic Charge increased rate sounds good. The other part sounds gimmicky. Seeing it in action will clear a lot up.

B Sledge chargeable? Confused on this one.

EDIT

Damn you Axis for beating me to it.