Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

Man, I love all of you guys. I hope Tager comes out of this a little better than every other time they "changed" him.

Osuna it's not a buff, it's a change.

Do not forget this.

Every game we have to change what we do...every game.

Tager can't be the same too.

Also 5A>tick will still work I guess...I hope.

I highly doubt they aren't adding Any recovery to the move. +4 is pretty high for a 5A and it would also make tick throws less noob friendly, which I assume was part of their reasoning in removing 5A's ability to be canceled into 360. If 5A is plus a lot, then our mix up becomes very weird.

I don't like having to mix up within my mix up so they don't option select the whole thing. 5A 5B chain would be tight on normal block, but unless you delay the 5B, they can block low and then jump because it would have a sizable gap between when the 5B and the throw is possible.

EDIT: basket sledge is a lame name for that, seeing as it in no way resembled basketball and was similarly unrelated to dribbling, which is not itself basketball. The B connection was also lame and a stretch since it was Asledges and hinged on a connection that didn't pan out. I award no points for that name.

Those (hypothetical) 5A changes would (hypothetically) suck. I love 5A mash into tick. Keeps them on their toes. I wouldn't trade slower ticks for 5A > 3C, either. 5A > 5B > 3C works fine, and if you know they're outside of 5B range, whiff it and 360 gimmicks.

Oh, and basketsledge wasn't that funny. Even as a "youhadtobethere" thing.

Assuming we actually got a level increase on 5A, that'll make it at LEAST +4 which is fucking amazing.

Elaborate please? I was under the impression that the level increase was to 2, but I don't know where I pulled that from. What benefits does a lv2 5A (being +4) have? I'm looking through the numbers, and the only things I found are that you can do 5A > 3C and that 5A > 5B is safe even if they IB 5A (which wouldn't be a problem anyway if 5A gatlings into itself, because no one would try to IB a 5A and dp out).

Now a lv3 5A would be a different story.

OMFG OMFG J.C>J.B WORKS ON TAO OMG OMG!

Lumination people IB'd a 5A>2B string and DP'd before 2B came out.

I like the new 5A change, I think it makes jab pressure more mentally frustrating for the other player (see Hakumen jab pressure), also it means that we can combo off an air hit 5A (non-CH) which is a big buff.

Elaborate please? I was under the impression that the level increase was to 2, but I don't know where I pulled that from. What benefits does a lv2 5A (being +4) have? I'm looking through the numbers, and the only things I found are that you can do 5A > 3C and that 5A > 5B is safe even if they IB 5A (which wouldn't be a problem anyway if 5A gatlings into itself, because no one would try to IB a 5A and dp out).

Now a lv3 5A would be a different story.

5A >5B wouldn't At Least +4 but at Most +4 because no one is giving Tager a level 3 5A because that would be retarded. So keep that in mind when I share my opinion on 5A

+2 (assuming no recovery increases, which I think is charitable) plus 2 = 4 Tops. This also screws with his low/throw like I described earlier and adds Very little to tager's gameplay on it's own. 5A 3C would very slightly increase combo damage off of a 5A if you hit confirm it off the 5A, which I guess wouldn't be too hard with a level increase, but be sure you have it because 3C isn't something to use in a block string unless you're gonna rapid.

I don't know how the IB stuff theory fights out because it becomes 10 frames of start up and 10 frames of blockstun, so they could reversal right? I forget how that stuff adds up sometimes. In the end I rather have a straight forward low/throw mix up than than link 5A's to catch jumps into 1.7k and same old same old.

(Also axis did you mean 5A 5B? Who does 5A 2B?) And I repeat it would Not let us combo off of a normal air hit. Level 1 and level 2 have the same air untechable time. So guys, like I've been saying please please, don't make more out of something than it is. This is why noobs think we're awesome and everyone thinks I hate tager and am really bitter.

Yeah, I mentioned on the last page that I don't think a lv2 5A would be good at all, especially if we lost 5A gatling into itself as a result.

AXIS, wouldn't 2B miss most of the time?

And yeah, Osuna mentioned the whole no extra hitstun with anti-air 5A.

New charged sledge hammer combos, involving 5d->5c and j.c->sledge

Aren't those combo paths kinda weird? 5D > 5C? Whut?

Aren't those combo paths kinda weird? 5D > 5C? Whut?

5D CH prolly.

And Osuna, I use 5A 2B. Works best as oki after corner knockdown. If you time the 5A meaty it's safe from 8f+ reversals (jin, litchi, makoto, basically most people who aren't ragna) and the 5A 2B is long enough to hitconfirm a 2C on hit or move to further mixup on block.

I use 5A>2B because it does more damage than 5A>5B and it keeps them really close for the throw game.

I don't see a reason not to do it except for when they IB the 5A and then DP, and who does that? people who can.

As usual with the the changes I am indifferent until I play the game...then I will rage and hate and rage and hate.

edit: if 5D>5C combos I wouldn't even know what to say.

Oh wait I know! Wtf can I even...why?

I can't see it happening unless charged Sledge does something special like long crumple stun or knocks them into the air, or 5D wallbounces them on normal hit air or ground. Neither makes sense given what we know. If 5D gatlings into 5C, that would pretty silly.

j.C > Sledge doesn't make sense either. I'm kind of assuming "complete gibberish" right now.

You never know, charged sledge might be one of these bizarre forced Fatal Counter moves.

I was just thinking the gaurd point counter reminds me more of Bang

Sounds like it. Just curious now if it's 236A/B or just A/B to counter.

Hell, Voltic + charged BSledge + Hammer sounds like a pretty long period of projectile invul. Shame that it doesn't sound that practical on paper. Would have to be in a coma to not hit Tager out of that at any point.

Hazamas won't like that update.

Bait j.B for 4k punish.

Is there any information regarding the emchanic of voltaic counter?

For example the counter is only effective after 14f.

Hazamas won't like that update.

Bait j.B for 4k punish.

Is there any information regarding the emchanic of voltaic counter?

For example the counter is only effective after 14f.

It's not like we're going to get a frame data mook for a loketest. Just have to work with the opinions of those who get to play it.

Lol you guys are so funny.

"Alleged buffs"

"Well there's probably a reason these all suck"

Also, you can't tell me a +4 jab is a bad thing. That's ridiculous.

I liked my A mash, then again, there's probably some batty shit you can do with 5A now on hit.