Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

Still, it only makes them marginally safer... if at all. And that safety would be negated by the pull.

Gadget lasts a minimum of 24 frames.

It was a good, interesting idea, but it just won't work unless they change other stuff. Also, that was what 4D was for, up until they took away all our gattlings.

It's still shortening the recovery on a few moves as well. like 6C. If it drags in, you can 360A trap them a little more easily.

Well, I am basing how far GF whiff pulls you in on what Unlimited Tager's GF does, but for every normal except a far range 6C, you can easily get a CH 5A before GF recovers because of the pull.

Well, the use of AC, 6C > 5D > 22D whiff to shorten recovery is still legit.

and on block, 5D > 22D would turn +2 advantage into +5, and drag them in a bit closer.

Well, the use of AC, 6C > 5D > 22D whiff to shorten recovery is still legit.

and on block, 5D > 22D would turn +2 advantage into +5, and drag them in a bit closer.

How? 5D has 23 frames of recovery and GF lasts for 24 frames. It would make it only +1 by my math.

it also has 4 active frames, and hits on the first. It only enters recovery after all of the would-be active frames are finished.

But a cancel doesn't happen till the active frames are finished, so the fact that it has 6000 active frames wouldn't really matter.

That's completely not true. you cancel the moment it hits. Also, if you do hold it, and they try to jump, it catches them. lol.

That's completely not true. you cancel the moment it hits. Also, if you do hold it, and they try to jump, it catches them. lol.

Cancels don't occur until the active frames of the previous move end. Also, it only catches jumpers if they are in a knockdown state.

Lol you really think that tool wouldn't be incredibly powerful? You're out of your mind Ve. :]

Rough frame math says that it would make safe moves unsafe, unsafe moves punishable, and punishable moves easier to punish.

Look at 5C 6A. 5c has 19 frames of hitstun, 6A has 19 frames of startup. 5C has 4 active frames. but you can combo the two together. Ergo, you can cancel on the first active frame if it strikes.

I'd give the world for something that pulls my opponent point blank and gives the false impression I've committed if it makes something from +1 to -2, or something.

Especially when Tager has meter, that's not really a bad spot at all.

Also, for your talk of cancelling, Ve is right. That's why you can't combo 5C 6A on the ground without crouch.

... Wait, you can't right? I can't trust anything I think is true anymore x_x

Useful tools in tager's arsenal? Because that's a really useful one.

Yes you can cancel active frames and +/- in the frame data assumes you are hitting with the first active frame. Quite a lot of stuff would not work if you could not.

5C 6A is legit, and TagerTime loves it.

Just to sum up a few things for the convenience of others.

Cancels don't occur until the active frames of the previous move end. Also, it only catches jumpers if they are in a knockdown state.

Jeeze go to the west coast sometime so I can take your money already

I don't even care what game, you're apparently clueless at everything

Thus proving the PNW has the nicest people Ever.

I'm the nicest person you ever will meet.

I'm just really interested in money matching FlyingVe, for more reasons than just the ones in this post. I would fly out to him just to do it if the value of the money match was such that it paid for my flight if I won.

What the fuck Ve.

Everyone gets brain farts.

This is one of them.

Also I love PNW can you guys come to my house so we can have parties?

Wait wait wait guys, why are we assuming GF has a minimum duration of 24 frames? How was it calculated?

The recovery listed, isn't it for when the move actually connects?

Wait wait wait guys, why are we assuming GF has a minimum duration of 24 frames? How was it calculated?

Unless I am mistaken, the recovery of moves is the same regardless of whether or not it hit.

Unless I am mistaken, the recovery of moves is the same regardless of whether or not it hit.

But that's for moves that always have a set animation whether they hit or whiff. This isn't the case for Gadget Finger.

You don't generally put the recovery of a Command Grab on hit as you'd always be at an advantage if it connects. Its more important to know the recovery on whiff for the sake of knowing how unsafe it is to throw it.