Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

I am gonna take a shot of brandy every time someone says something dumb or discusses dumb things.

If this keeps up you won't have a sober/living mod.

In this case though it really looks like they used "on hit" to determine the recovery, because this move being so long to recover just doesn't sound right. And when you do 5C GF after a GF RC it gives you strong advantage

You don't generally put the recovery of a Command Grab on hit as you'd always be at an advantage if it connects. Its more important to know the recovery on whiff for the sake of knowing how unsafe it is to throw it.

OK, but what is the case in this situation?

I am gonna take a shot of brandy every time someone says something dumb or discusses dumb things.

If this keeps up you won't have a sober/living mod.

All according to plan. (fuck "keikaku").

In this case though it really looks like they used "on hit" to determine the recovery, because this move being so long to recover just doesn't sound right. And when you do 5C GF after a GF RC it gives you strong advantage

It actually doesn't I actually tested it.

The strength of 5C>GF is that you don't see it coming.

6B has advantage at least it feels like it does since it has so much hit stun on it.

I mean I can go on a giant wall of text of this but I am not good at making long statements, seriously I am terrible at it.

GF does indeed take a deceptively long time. 5C Gadget whiff does not produce any advantage, but because of the GF cancel things happen in rapid succession making it look impressive, fast and confusing. Unless it changed from CS1 or something. It's not hard to test.

Wait wait wait guys, why are we assuming GF has a minimum duration of 24 frames? How was it calculated?

The recovery listed, isn't it for when the move actually connects?

Frame data says 7 startup, 1+ active, and 16 recovery. 7+1+16=24.

What the fuck Ve.

Everyone gets brain farts.

This is one of them.

Also I love PNW can you guys come to my house so we can have parties?

Fine, I'm wrong. I've been corrected by upstanding players both ways, and nobody has ever said otherwise...

Seriously, Im confused at this point, which is it? Even DacidBro agreed with me. Do cancel's occur during active frames, or after?

Note: In all honesty, this is a stupid thing to get worked up over. Things either work or they don't, this only really matters because we are discussing the viability of a theoretical buff that doesn't even fucking exist.

you can cancel during any of the active frames, unless it is a special case.

I don't know what to say at all, i looked at the last couple pages and saw that Dacidbro kept posting incorrect information, and then went out of his way to say this in his defence.

5: I would much rather make very slightly inaccurate statements that spur conversation to be corrected than ask anything in this board. If anything is asked, the most strikingly negative response is guaranteed, and I never gain anything. Besides, the statements that I make have not harmed any players.

^^Is a bit arrogant, i'm kinda dissappointed here. When was the last time you asked a question in the tager forums and someone ridiculed you for it? I'm pretty curious

you can cancel during any of the active frames, unless it is a special case.

I don't know what to say at all, i looked at the last couple pages and saw that Dacidbro kept posting incorrect information, and then went out of his way to say this in his defence.

Thank you. I'm okay with being wrong. The important thing is that I know what's right at the end.

On that note, that's why I like Osuna. He's grumpy sure, but he always explains what he's saying.

Thank you. I'm okay with being wrong. The important thing is that I know what's right at the end.

On that note, that's why I like Osuna. He's grumpy sure, but he always explains what he's saying.

Yes, everybody makes mistakes. Osuna is really cool too (and super good too). He barely lost to sG in the last CS1 tourney we had.

I'm just sad at dacid's posts :(

GF>RC>5C>GF Whiff isn't as advantageous as it looks. If you go for a 360B Tick after it, Ragna can mash on 5A or 5B and get out of it. 6B>GF Whiff puts you at about +5 or so cause you can purple grab a 360B right after, but there is probably a still a 1 or 2 frame window to DP out. And thats just from doing 3C>GF for the combo. Hit stun scaling actually makes GF>RC>5C>GF Whiff is extremely punishable cause you're actually put at a severe disadvantage.

Yes, everybody makes mistakes. Osuna is really cool too (and super good too). He barely lost to sG in the last CS1 tourney we had.

I'm just sad at dacid's posts :(

i would also like to back osuna up on being a very good player and a generally cool guy

except for his bed-head, that shit is just crazy.

My bed head is pretty top tier. That photo should be submitted for some sort of record. I don't know what for, but it deserves something.

In a related note, I love you guys.

i'll post it if osuna gives the OK, wouldn't want the world to know of his awful hair without his consent
There's actually an even better photo, but I just downloaded it so I don't know if it is hosted it anywhere. I forget who took it. I was kinda out of it at the time the photos were taken.

But I don't mind posting it.

Osuna's hair is always top-tier. His avatar exists because I saw him have that hair and I was like "That should somehow be your avatar."

^^Is a bit arrogant, i'm kinda dissappointed here. When was the last time you asked a question in the tager forums and someone ridiculed you for it? I'm pretty curious

I've asked questions in the distant past and was greeted with some pretty ridiculous answers. Granted, I don't think it was from the key members of the board so I guess that was unfair.

Anyway, sorry guys. Re-reading my posts Osuna and Huey's right, I was out of place. Been really stressed, barely sleeping, it was a mistake to try to argue. I know you guys are reasonable and intelligent people.

I've asked questions in the distant past and was greeted with some pretty ridiculous answers. Granted, I don't think it was from the key members of the board so I guess that was unfair.

Anyway, sorry guys. Re-reading my posts Osuna and Huey's right, I was out of place. Been really stressed, barely sleeping, it was a mistake to try to argue. I know you guys are reasonable and intelligent people.

Fair play then, All is forgiven.

Now then, back to the science. We have a second Loketest to make wild speculations about.