Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager General Discussion

Tager

+5B Jump Cancelable

+3C Special Cancelable, Air Untechable Time Up

+Spark Bolt has more untechable time

+Atomic Collider has more untechable time

-Atomic Collider now has harsh repreat prorate (40% not enough?)

-B sledge has more recovery

-3C now emergency techable

So those are the current Tager changes. How awesome/stupid are they?

So guys, special cancellable but techable 3C. is this awesome if 3c ac is legit?

I hope 3C xx AC will work. Otherwise they just killed one of Tager's best (imo) combo routes. The only other thing would be if 3C xx Sledge led into something.

magnetised 3C at max range into AC would be awesome. There's a lot of potential there.

I just realized that 3C xx spark bolt will work on grounded hits. Though that requires us to hold on to spark bolt. Air untechable 3C makes no sense to me... It's like they're trying to turn us into Ragna or something.

Not too bad...but why they are increasing the prorate on collider?

Hold on...

magnetised 3C at max range into AC would be awesome. There's a lot of potential there.

That could be it, how harsh we talking here? 10%?

OH and good news everyone, guess who just lost their Haida loop?

Not too bad...but why they are increasing the prorate on collider?

Hold on...

That could be it, how harsh we talking here? 10%?

OH and good news everyone, guess who just lost their Haida loop?

lol you just can't settle for an already unwinnable matchup can you?

Regardless, I never liked the CS2 Haida loop, and personally I'm glad it's gone, the only thing new Noel users ever asked was "I NEED HELP WITH THE HAIDA LEWP!!!"

I'm sure she'll have something else.

There's still Makoto for Tager to worry about.

I'm sure she'll have something else.

There's still Makoto for Tager to worry about.

Nah I think she's pretty much loopless now, 6C > BC > 6C wont work anymore, 22B and 22C have same move proration, anything that wall bounces has same move proration, its all gone, I don't really mind though, like I said before: combos don't affect me because regardless I'm gonna do them, getting 4k off of haida and getting 4k off of something else doesn't matter to this guy, because I'm still gonna make it hurt.

Nah I think she's pretty much loopless now, 6C > BC > 6C wont work anymore, 22B and 22C have same move proration, anything that wall bounces has same move proration, its all gone, I don't really mind though, like I said before: combos don't affect me because regardless I'm gonna do them, getting 4k off of haida and getting 4k off of something else doesn't matter to this guy, because I'm still gonna make it hurt.

Where did you see that?

Wow I was really excited about the buffs but the 2 nerfs are pretty big. I was getting excited about being about to use spark instead of rapid to make 3C safe (2C 3C SB 3 primers safely and 3C SB confirms a combo on hit all for no Heat). The emergency tech nerf has magnetism implications, but emergency tech can only be neutral tech right? You'd still get oki in that case. I don't think you could, but I wonder if you could special cancel into GF at all in the case of 3C? If it would come out but not hit in time to stop the tech, you'd get the same advantage as if you had let 3C finish and grab them if they didn't tech, which would be cute.

The extra untech time on collider must be to keep our combos with collider after getting the repeat prorate nerf (which is currently 45%). A lot of our current double collider combos barely work proration wise.

It'd be cool if it was a net gain in untech time, but I just want it to not be a net loss. 5B, Jump cancelable is interesting, I was pretty excited about low throw mix ups though, so I hadn't thought much about it in that context.

lol you just can't settle for an already unwinnable matchup can you?

When your character only has one you need to make it count!

But...I do have mixed feelings, I love seeing Noel use it but at the same time hate seeing anyone losing to it. That does reminds me, I wanted to know what was happening with Makoto.

When your character only has one you need to make it count!

But...I do have mixed feelings, I love seeing Noel use it but at the same time hate seeing anyone losing to it. That does reminds me, I wanted to know what was happening with Makoto.

Good reply! I like that.

Yeah I hated seeing Haida loop as well, I only ever used it on Tager(because loltager) and when I wanted to piss off my opponent.

Good reply! I like that.

Yeah I hated seeing Haida loop as well, I only ever used it on Tager(because loltager) and when I wanted to piss off my opponent.

Not on Valk? I thought he was easy to haida as well, ...Orion will probably like this. I can't blame you since he was safe for 10-11 reps of it unless you're are lazy.

Not on Valk? I thought he was easy to haida as well, ...Orion will probably like this. I can't blame you since he was safe for 10-11 reps of it unless you're are lazy.

Valk was one of the characters I haida'd if I was bored. Like I said Tager was the only character I haida looped for Business, everyone else was pleasure.

Also fuck the Valk matchup too :C

Wolfmen don't know how good they had it in CS2.

time for thoughts from a tager no one gives a fuck about.

+5B Jump Cancelable

Interesting

+3C Special Cancelable, Air Untechable Time Up

Basically we can do 3C > SB or if magnetized 3C > AC?

+Spark Bolt has more untechable time

no comment atm

+Atomic Collider has more untechable time

So doing AC > AC(whiff) > 6C might be easier now

-Atomic Collider now has harsh repreat prorate (40% not enough?)

As if are the prorate was bad enough already

-B sledge has less + frames on block

no comment atm

-3C now emergency techable

no more 3C > 2B then. well there goes 3C > 5B > 5C

Lol, ArkSys doesn't like Tager.

I really don't like this loketest though... there are still more coming I think, so I'm not gonna get too worked up.

more like 3c > a-sledge works.

and the untechable time is to compensate for the loop proration.

next: remove 720 please lol.

kokonoe where are you.

At least Tager has changes that are important enough to provoke discussion.

6B > 6D, lolidk

5B jump cancelable ugh it's a trade off it really is.

5B jump cancel means we lost 5B>delay 720, we now have to do VTC cancel for it but its nice having a move even on block and lets us jump cancel.

it opens up our options a bit:

1. You can go low with 2B.

2. You can stagger with 5A.

3. You can jump and reply pressure.

3C Special cancel, air untechable time up.

The hell is this? :lol:

This one is silly so now we have a gimmicky way to make people respect 3C when we have a spark and we can 360 them even after they IB (assuming they make it special cancelable for 360s as well.

spark bolt has more untechable time.

WOWIE WOW WE CAN CONFIRM SPARK BOLT WITH ONE HAND AND BLIND FOLDED THIS IS WOWIE WOW WOW A CARNIVAL change.

Atomic collider having more untech time makes our combos much easier to do, j.C>j.B and J.C>j.D are easier to do, it also means we may be able to do j.C>j.B on the entire cast and this may be our new standard combo with no mag.

Atomic collider having harsh repeat prorate makes no sense, ok I guess they want our damage to be worse, makes us rely more on grabs...

B sledge having more recovery.

I don't even know man I don't know.

3C emergency tech is interesting since it is half assed oki if we decide not to gadget, I guess they did this to force us to go to gadget immediately.

We lost combo options off of this though.

FYI I knew about these when they were announced, I just now decided to post my thoughts.

Making you rely on grabs by nerfing damage from combos doesn't work though since everyone will just be jumping out all over the place since they have nothing to fear from non-combo damage... so it'll make it harder to rely on grabs.

I guess that might make people easier to predict though.