Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milln

Middle Tennessee Needs Gaming! Monthly Versus Tourneys - Antioch, TN

MTNGForum1_zps5b33c578.jpg
Page: 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 1100
= Click the banner for our youtube channel! =
Follow on Twitter @Millnable & @AnneP4U
List of Gamertags for Tennessee Players

This is the thread for the Middle Tennessee Needs Gaming community and crew.

We are an upstanding collection of gamers that play video games, notably air dashing fighting games, at a competitive level.

==================================================
Non-Tournament Pertinent Information
==================================================

We operate mainly out of a Discord server, now. Get with the times, don't be a broom, and post up asking for an invite! We'll gladly let you in.

If you'd like to visit us, come to the weekly meet up!

-One at Game Galaxy Arcade on Tuesdays 4pm to 10pm. Costs six bucks, and offers unlimited play on the four to seven setups that usually feature really whatever anyone brings and free play on the arcade machines around. It's a great place with a long standing tradition for us. This is where have hosted our tournaments for years.

We also occasionally hold a gathering at one of our homes and do open invites, just post up! 

===============================
Monthly Tournament Rules:
===============================
1) There will be a venue fee.
1a) The fee will be ten(10) dollars.
2) There will be no entry fee for tournament games. All games are free to play
2a) There will be a grand prize for first place only unless Milln or another player is feeling whimsically generous. This prize will be something picked out by Milln out of his own pocket.
2b) The grand prize will never be money.
2c) The grand prize will be unknown until presented to the winner.

3) The games that we decide to run that particular month will be decided by a sliding vote on site.
3a) Games will be nominated in. No game will be turned away if someone declares it. You may nominate more than once.
3b) Everyone in attendance must vote once. Voting does not place you in the bracket. Registration will be collected upon completion.
3c) Game with the most votes is decided upon and added to a list.
3d) Another voting round will take place using the remaining nominations. This will continue until an undetermined maximum number of games is reached.
3e) M'Ellis/Jackie/Papstr will make the decision in case of a tie.

4) All of the above are subject to change.
4a) If a change is made, a post will be made to alert the community.
4b) Please Observe The First Post

Here's this month's tournament. It's Midwest Championships, a regional tournament which has graciously given us a day for the airdashers. It will not follow the usual monthly format, so be aware and check the info.

On 6/7/2014 at 2:20 PM, AnneIFrank said:

Midwest Championships is our next event, it's going to be on June 21-22. All of the info for it can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/648031108620079/

The main games are BBCP and GGXXAC+R, and it WILL NOT FOLLOW OUR MONTHLY FORMAT.  Please check the Facebook event for more info.

I'm still willing to run side games and whatever you guys want to do outside of main games, but that venue and entry fee are set for main stuff. The Venue covers both Saturday and Sunday, so if you want to play a Saturday game you'll be set.

Also note, we will be using a new venue, Game Galaxy Rivergate. The info for that is also on the Facebook page. Here, have some photos from when I dropped by yesterday: http://imgur.com/a/QP4Md

In light of this being our only monthly, would anybody like to plan a casual meet up this month? Maybe next weekend. Just bring games and set ups somewhere, get some food, maybe do somethign before/after not game related, whatever?

MTNG_logo_2_smaller_zpsc55451b6.png

Reserved for Brackets and Results.

Image too small? Hold down Control and Press + on your numpad or mousewheel up to zoom in.

All brackets removed. New bracket images will be posted for relevant events soon

Can I be one of those guys who always posts "FIRST!" like on youtube?

Up in ya.

XD they'll be posted to MTNGNetwork when I get home tonight. Been busy hiring new employees; draining task when the store is busy.

You should do some random tourneys, on tourney day just pull a random fighter out and make it cheap cheap entry and just hype it to hell and back.

Stuff like:

Garou Mark of the Wolves

World Heroes Jet

Project Justice/Rival schools

Even more random stuff too like:

Power Stone

Heavy Metal Geomatrix

Spawn

lol I think it could turn out pretty ridiculous. Obscure fighting game + MVC-like hype = yes.

+1 more for Garou, but how would we play it?

Edit: forogt to check wikipedia first, ask questions later.

Hey just curious, what bracket maker is that thet you use milln?

It's a program called TIO. It's a fantastic program. It'll even calculate payouts and sort people by location and seeding and prevent double jeopardy.

FUGGIN' BUST A MOVE, FGTS. YOU WANT SOME BUST A MOVE? I'LL SCHOOL THE CRAP OUT OF YOU ALL IN SOME BUST A MOVE.

My 360 has Garou on it... I would need to use someone's TV if I brought it though

Realized the Marvel section was redundant and didn't need the match segments, since it doesn't run on rounds. It's clarified to be simply 2 out of 3 wins and 3 out of 5 wins and further clarified the italicized portion on the end of the setup part.

My Bust a Move has Bust A Move on it... I would need to use someone's shoulder to cry on if I brought it though, cause Milln would demolish me in that game future-crushingly hard.

Realized that I'm full of shit, since there is no way in hell I could defeat Grim's badassittude in Bust A Move. It's clarified to be simply that I am not even going to attempt to bring up such an absurd statement against this man.

"The following errors occurred with your submission

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters."

Removed more redundant information and bolded important and new information in the opening post.

"The following errors occurred with your submission

The message you have entered is a complete lie. Please bow down to Milln's exceptional prowess at Bust A Move."

i'll bring my setup next time, don't worry guys

o ok thx

Awesome. Can't wait.

Btw Milln, did you get a chance to upload those videos last night? I haven't even had time to check thanks to this ridiculous report.

I got the one of how you play up, that was all I could do before I got sucked into playing games with my buddy, KO