Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milln

Middle Tennessee Needs Gaming! Monthly Versus Tourneys - Antioch, TN

I see lots of Final Round. No one wants to go to Civil War, hop on a plane to SCR, Florida to CEO or something?

I'll be much more inclined to travel to stuff if I feel more competent at my skills in a given game. I'm actually putting forth more effort to learn them this time around, so once KiT comes and goes I'll be able to better gauge how I feel about traveling to others. Possibly later in the year of 2014 I'll be feeling more confident. But as of right now, I don't want to spend money to travel only to get my ass beat. I want to at least feel on par :P

Fighting Games I definitely want to travel for:

P4U/Suplex/Under-Night In-Birth (when it's released)

Majors you want to travel to for 2014:

FR/NEC/anything that has Persona really

Versus Games you want to play at MTNG's:

P4U/Melty Blood

Non-fighting games playing for fun right now:

Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Xillia/Digimon World 4/Custom Robo/Megaman Command Mission X/Sonic 3 & Knuckles/Pokemon Y/Monster Hunter

Games you're waiting for:

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH

Oy, good to see GhabStop poppin' in. Hope you can make it to one of the meetups soon! Lookin' forward to catching up and playing some games man.

Hey, long time no see! Hopefully we can catch each other at a meetup if I'm freed up and can make it over next time you guys throw together a MTNG meetup. When/where do you guys hold these at btw?

Fighting Games you definitely want to travel for - 3rd Strike, BBCP, VF5FS

Majors you want to travel to for 2014 - I'm almost def going to Final Round, maybe a few other close by ones if my schedule allows

Versus games you want to play at MTNG's - 3rd Strike, Super Turbo, BBCP, VF5FS for sure... would probably mess around with most anything though tbh

Non-Versus Games you're playing for fun right now - Nothing really outside of BBCP, but I might start catching up on some PC gaming since I got a new laptop that can run a few non-super demanding games

Games you're waiting for - Dark Souls II, Hotline Miami II, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, UNIB, GGXRD

Milln I am adding P4U to everything positive on my list!

oh damn I forgot about that under night-in birth game. Been wanting to try that Seth character. I assume it's going to be a digital Japan only release? When does it come out? I'll play it with you LSS!

With Steam being a platform that everyone has, we should make sure everyone has added everyone.

Mine is 'millnsy'

I forgot this thread existed again. ; n; Survey time!

Fighting Games you definitely want to travel for:

Affordable ones. :v:

Majors you want to travel to for 2014:

Kumite, MWC, Final Round (as long as they're not going to be assholes about the Cronus again).

Versus Games you want to play at MTNG's:

BBCP, P4U, Project M, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, Mystery Games.

Non-fighting games playing for fun right now:

Spelunky, My Japanese Coach, Pokemon X/Y, Dustforce, Dark Souls, Megaman games, The Walking Dead games.

Games you're waiting for:

P4U2, Dark Souls II, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, BBCP in English, the new Mirror's Edge game, The Walking Dead Season 2.

Oh, and my Steam name is Jackie_Chandler.

Steam - ghabstopr

Just got KoFXIII the other day. Haven't gotten to test how well it runs, but if it's smooth enough, I'd love to get into it again. I never got too hard and heavy into it back in the day since the console netplay was garbage.

Do any of you guys go to Game Galaxy anymore? Anyone go to fight nights?

Hey guys, I want to chime in on Guilty Gear at KiT.

First, let me say that Guilty Gear should have been on Saturday as a "guaranteed pot" game at KiT because of its long history of support with us, and in retrospect it was a mistake not to put it there. So I apologize to anyone who cannot make it Friday night to play in the tournament.

As to why I cannot change it to Saturday? Well of course I can, but everything has a cost. This is really more why I "should not" change it to Saturday at this point:

1. Trust and reputation mean a lot between players and tournament organizers, and I absolutely hate changing things once they have been announced publicly - even if it is a change for the "better" in this case. The decision was made 6 months ago to make Persona a Saturday game and Gear a Friday game - this was all due to tournament numbers being recorded at the time. Six months is a long time and things change - and players don't think 6 months into the future so it only became somewhat of an issue recently.

2. Logistics - we have a tight schedule with pools and streams, and it is completely full. To make Gear a Saturday game at this point would either mean to not stream it or make another game share the stream with it (Persona)

3. I would have to change the sign up page and we would face how to handle people who already registered adding gear to their game list.

4. I don't know if there is enough real impact on turnout if I changed it.

Hey guys, I want to chime in on Guilty Gear at KiT.

First, let me say that Guilty Gear should have been on Saturday as a "guaranteed pot" game at KiT because of its long history of support with us, and in retrospect it was a mistake not to put it there. So I apologize to anyone who cannot make it Friday night to play in the tournament.

As to why I cannot change it to Saturday? Well of course I can, but everything has a cost. This is really more why I "should not" change it to Saturday at this point:

1. Trust and reputation mean a lot between players and tournament organizers, and I absolutely hate changing things once they have been announced publicly - even if it is a change for the "better" in this case. The decision was made 6 months ago to make Persona a Saturday game and Gear a Friday game - this was all due to tournament numbers being recorded at the time. Six months is a long time and things change - and players don't think 6 months into the future so it only became somewhat of an issue recently.

2. Logistics - we have a tight schedule with pools and streams, and it is completely full. To make Gear a Saturday game at this point would either mean to not stream it or make another game share the stream with it (Persona)

3. I would have to change the sign up page and we would face how to handle people who already registered adding gear to their game list.

4. I don't know if there is enough real impact on turnout if I changed it.

I think you did the right thing by leaving it as is, Vandy. There are potentially players who have bought/are planning on buying plane tickets and such to get out here potentially just for one game. Last minute changes don't sound like a good idea to me. Plus changing/switching this with the Persona players now would only be a slap to the face for those guys. I bet a lot of Persona players are really excited for it to be on Saturday.

Honestly, you don't need to defend your decision. People should not complain and expect a change this close to the event. Had they complained 6 months ago when you announced it and a change could have been actually reasonable? Sure go for it. It's not like you or anyone else could have foreseen the interest in GG go up though. It would be silly to plan around a what if. But anyone complaining now only adds pointless stress and frustration to the TO's, so I'm sorry to hear that.

Steam:

millnsy

Anne IFrank

[FUTA5]ImpregnatesYourMom

Jackie_Chandler

ghabstopr

VMP_kyleW

thaddag

I go every Tuesday I can, which is every Tuesday almost.

Sweet. I'll start making a point to be there.

I miss playing with you goons. I can't remember if my arch nemesis, Stairs, will be present at Milln's place. If they are, you all must collectively crowd-surf me up them.

EDIT

Milln has informed me of the situation. Pretty sure I can buffer a 720 while traversing those pussy steps.

You need a new signature.

You saying this makes me not want to change my signature ever again. Happy New Years to your scrub ass as well <3

Also, GTF out of my house!!!

Also also, you still owe me a Red Lobster date.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

I'm sorry I didn't make it to Milln's place Tuesday night. Special shoutout to Naimat reaching out and trying to give me a ride there. Our community has some of the greatest people.

Anyway, I went to a friend's place and got extremely intoxicated for the first time ever (which was his and his girlfriend's goal). Had some fun in beer pong, judged a twerking contest and might've even twerked a little myself, grabbed and ate a chicken finger that had just been taken out of the oven, and finally, was forced out of my friend's bed before anyone was in it and was yelling, "It's so comfortable. NOOOO!"

The hangover wasn't fun, but at least there was no vomiting. Tad and Phil would've been proud of my intake that night.