Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jewdo

WANTED: Translators for BBCS2 Mook

Expected Skill: Volunteers are expected to be experienced with Japanese-to-English translation. Those interested should check [this sample image] from Carl's page of the BBCS1 mook to understand the difficulty level involved. Familiarity with Japanese fighting game terminology helps.

Deadlines: No hard deadlines have been set, but finishing a few weeks before BBCS2's console release would be ideal. Putting the information into [those pretty tables] takes time.

Once you are done translating a section, please send them to both shtkn and Bohemian Polka. Bohemian Polka said she'd be willing to be our editor so she'll be handling that while shtkn starts creating the tables.

Commitment: Translators can offer to work on as many or as few pages as they like. For example, an applicant may want to translate the entire [system guide] or just the frame data for his main character.

Collaboration: Translators are of course free to collaborate amongst themselves and ask questions.

State Secrets Rule: Volunteers are prohibited from distributing scans and translations outside of the group. This is to protect the team's work from being compromised and posted on rival sites without credit. Once a translation goes live (i.e. posted in Dustloop's Frame Data section), the page may be freely linked. Distributing scans of the printed work is always illegal.

If you are interested in translating a character or the system guide, please reply to this thread.

------------------------------------------------[update]---------------------------------------------------------

The mooks have arrived and translation will begin soon. Below is a small table that will track progress for each page.

**NOTE** We have plenty of room for translation volunteers, so raise your hand if you see something you want to translate. Either shtkn or myself will send you a pm with further instructions.

I will check the thread every day and update the table accordingly.

Arakune - KayEff - *translation finished*

Bang - Kotokot+KayEff - *translation finished*

Carl - KayEff - *translation finished*

Hakumen - Kotokot - *translation finished*

Hazama - KayEff - *translation finished*

Jin - KayEff - *translation finished*

Lambda - KayEff - *translation finished*

Litchi - KayEff - *translation finished*

Makoto - KayEff - *translation finished*

Mu - KayEff - *translation finished*

Noel - KayEff - *translation finished*

Platinum - KayEff - *translation finished*

Rachel - Kotokot - *translation finished*

Ragna - KayEff - *translation finished*

Tager - KayEff - *translation finished*

Taokaka - Ronove - *translation finished*

Tsubaki - KayEff - *translation finished*

Valkenhayn - KayEff - *translation finished*

System p1 - title page, not used

System p2 - rtl - *translation finished*

System p3 - rtl - *translation finished*

System p4 - rtl - *translation finished*

System p5 - rtl - *translation finished*

System p6 - rtl - *translation finished*

System p7 - rtl - *translation finished*

System p8 - rtl - *translation finished*

preview pages online:

http://dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/frameData/arakune.html

http://dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/frameData/carl.html

http://dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/frameData/valkenhayn.html

http://dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/frameData/ragna.html

When is this gonna be started, by the way? Next week I can start my break (it's finals week but I only have finals on Monday, meaning I have the rest of the week off) and I can start off with translating.

Amazon.jp says I'll be getting mine between Monday and Wednesday of next week

Got the mook last night. I'll hopefully be able to scan it tonight after work.

Try to get the images as high-rez as possible (some kanji are pretty complex after all)

Mook? I'm confused. As in magazines big enough to be books? I don't know any better because I've never laid eyes on a Frame Data "mook" before, I was actually considering purchasing CS2's though.

/scrub question

It's a book with the presentational style and informational display in the format of a magazine.

Thank you for clearing that up. And much thanks to the people taking part in translating the CS2 Frame Data. Goes without saying that you guys are doing a valuable service to the community and I'm looking forward to the CS2 Noel frame data. :)

I can volounteer for translating atleast Taokaka's and Makoto's sections of the mook.

The mooks have arrived and translators may begin working at any time. Check the front page for more details.

We still have plenty of room for translation volunteers, so raise your hand if you see something you want to translate.

Once you guys are done translating a section, please send them to both me and Bohemian Polka. Bohemian Polka said she'd be willing to be our editor so she'll be handling that while I start creating the tables.

I'm trying to make it so ppl can show/hide certain columns, but last time i tried doing that, it didn't work very well. If worst comes to worst, we'll just use the format that's already in place.

i'll update hte first post in a moment

Once you guys are done translating a section, please send them to both me and Bohemian Polka. Bohemian Polka said she'd be willing to be our editor so she'll be handling that while I start creating the tables.

I'm trying to make it so ppl can show/hide certain columns, but last time i tried doing that, it didn't work very well. If worst comes to worst, we'll just use the format that's already in place.

i'll update hte first post in a moment

I've already inputted all the framedata into that spreadsheet format that I had before. I know ALOT more about CSS and javascript now than I did when I made those original frame charts and hiding/showing is no longer an issue unless you're running IE6 (which nobody should be running at this point).

Good job! Which three characters do you want first?

Of course, you're free to do as many as you like. I want to leave some slots open for another week in case other people finish and want extra work too. Love your enthusiasm!

I've already done Ragna's, so you can scratch that.

I'm working on Mu as well, and I guess I'll take Tager as well.