Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jewdo

WANTED: Translators for BBCS2 Mook

I'll be starting off on Platinum's frame data. If someone calls it, I'll send the Excel file over to them so that they can finish it (of course, it depends on how much I've finished).

tager data recieived

imo it's not worth getting purely for an art book. there's concept art/sketches for all the dlc chars, and a closeup of some platinum sprites. everything else is just screenshots of the characters in-game.

sorry, but no. i bought the mook to help get teh data online asap, not for people to ogle over artwork.

i'm sure someone out there will be willing to do it, but it won't be me.

plat data recieved. KayEff is a friggin monster

i forgot to post here, but i'll be working on the system pages, and whichever characters no one else wants to take.

edit: system02.jpg is done, just gonna send that over to Bohemian Polka and shtkn. will start on 03.

edit2: finished 03, gonna start 04 tomorrow morning.

You guys are all, collectively, my heroes. Thanks for the work, time, and money you put in on this.

if it's alright to ask, i was wondering how we distinguish between "nokezori" and "yarare" in English. The way it's written in the mook, nokezori appears to be used for referring to the animation of being in ground hitstun, and yarare is the "state" which is assigned to a character being hit (by any move, and regardless of whether they're grounded/aerial). I know what they literally translate to, of course, but I was curious about English conventions for the two terms.

Actually, just out of curiosity, how does nokezori differ from "knockback"?

well, since i'm already posting here, i was also curious how we distinguish between "hi-kaunta~hitto joutai" (被カウンターヒット状態) and "kaunta~hitto" in English. again, i think I understand how it's used in the mook, but I'm just not sure what conventions are used here.

Your definitions for nokezori and yarare seem to be right, on terms of how they work in the mook.

Nokezori is ground hitstun, while knockback is how far the characters are pushed back after an attack.

I'm going to take a guess with 被カウンターヒット状態 and say that it refers to the character's counter hit state. The first kanji 被 is used in the column category for CH state in the character mook pages, and 状態 can be translated as "state." If we look at it this way, we can then distinguish between the two phrases.

Your definitions for nokezori and yarare seem to be right, on terms of how they work in the mook.

Nokezori is ground hitstun, while knockback is how far the characters are pushed back after an attack.

I'm going to take a guess with 被カウンターヒット状態 and say that it refers to the character's counter hit state. The first kanji 被 is used in the column category for CH state in the character mook pages, and 状態 can be translated as "state." If we look at it this way, we can then distinguish between the two phrases.

hey KayEff, thx for responding.

re: counter hit stuff, i was reading the last page of the system scans (and also compared the explanation in my GG AC mook), and i think that's the right way to understand it. that said, though, i was still curious if there is an established term for in English. the thing is that, although context can help English readers distinguish between uses of the term "counter hit state" (on the one hand, this could be 被カウンターヒット状態, but on the other, it could refer to カウンターヒット), in certain cases it seems handy to have two different terms, just like in Japanese.

like as you probably noticed in Arakune's frame data, he has the ability to dash-cancel several of his attacks on either hit or guard -- but this is subject to the condition that Arakune be "in counter-hittable state" (被カウンターヒット判定中), which is worth noting, especially since it's not mentioned in the current frame data. (and of course, it would read sort of strangely if we translated that as "on hit or guard, can be dash-cancelled while counter hit" lol.)

anyways, not to get ahead of myself, but if there isn't a standard term in English, maybe we should make one up? my suggestions would be defining 被カウンターヒット状態 as either "counter-hittable state" or just "counter state", whereas カウンターヒット should just be "counter hit".

edit: system04.jpg translation yet. partway done system05, right now.

Carl frame data sent. Now to go see what other characters are available-oh wait

I would totally take the other people's jobs but they probably wouldn't be happy with that

Hurry up you slowpokes :<

Sorry to triple post, but if it's alright with you rtl, would it be alright to translate (or at least help) the last two system pages?

it's not a big deal for me, personally. i'll still make my own translation, and we can compare if you want.

edit: system05 and system06 translations emailed.

sent. Can someone finish bang(sent data to KayEff and shtkn)? i'm busy now and have problems with internet:gonk: